• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC5 - More Sword Masters!

After Dante, Vergil & Nero, what sword wielders would you all have next game to join in DMC?

• Rapier

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Dao Broadsword

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Jian Straight Sword

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Scimitar

• Falchion

• Macuahuitl

• Gladius

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cutlass

• Bolo Sword

• Butterfly Knives

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Khopesh

• Others

• Total voters

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I still hope for a new DMC game. Bringing back the old one where its about Nero and Dante.

We got Dante & Nero wielding zweihanders/broadswords. We got Vergil with the katana.

But wonder we'll get more sword wielding characters in the future games.

Any thoughts?

Cause I would hope a rapier is one of them.

NessPSI

Tony Redgraaaave!
Bringing back Lucia with her dual daggers would be perfect if done right. I doubt they'd want to though, considering how much of a trainwreck DMC2 was...

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
A character who uses a fencing style would be pretty cool.

Also a character dual wielding backhanded swords... err, I can't describe it very well so here's a picture of what I mean.
38347fb70dd17ebe66da09293316b733.jpg

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
I've always wanted to see Nero wield a spear along with a shield, or just the spear alone.
But then, maybe he doesn't really need a shield, considering his DB has been shown to be able to block even Dante's attacks. Still, it would be cool if he could fight with a spear and occasionally use the shield to push back, or to use it in a way similar to Dante's Royal Guard style.
Also, it'd be awesome if he could throw the spear, like the way he caught Credo's spear and threw it into him.

Aside from that, I'd like to see the nunchuks make a return, or flails. The combos you could do with Cerberus were spectacular. Either that, or maybe a whip.

One saber (or dual-wielding sabers) could be nice.

And lastly, windmill shuriken would be nice (though they should be better than the ones from DmC... and no, they're not glaives, glaives are polearms).

Last edited:

Khundy

Berserker
And lastly, windmill shuriken would be nice (though they should be better than the ones from DmC... and no, they're not glaives, glaives are polearms).

If they do have the shurikens please no Tasmanian devil tornado move, it looked so stupid

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
@Khundy

That reminds me of Carnival Phantasm when Berserker loses his sword, sees Lancer, grabs Lancer by the legs and starts swinging him at enemies :smile:

Khundy

Berserker
@Khundy

That reminds me of Carnival Phantasm when Berserker loses his sword, sees Lancer, grabs Lancer by the legs and starts swinging him at enemies :smile:
Actully if you think about it Dante does fight like this since he's using other demon's souls. Like soul eater. But the Picture is too funny

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
There are a list of sword masters DMC can try:

- Blind demon monk wielding a dao and/or jian sword

- Middle Eastern demon slayer wielding a scimitar

- Spanish/French demon slayer wielding a rapier

- Mexican demon slayer wielding a macuahuitl

Last edited:

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
If only the next game would have more sword masters than just Dante, Nero & Vergil.

An caballero with some Aztec traits can fight demons. He's got his guitar and carries an Aztec weapon.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
In terms of weapons, you know what? I'd like them to flesh out Sparda. It can morph into various things, so have it reflect in the gameplay.

Something along the line of Style switching or DmC's Demon/Angel mode. I think it would totally rock in a Sparda game.

Top Bottom