• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Do you preorder alot?

Do you preorder alot?

• No

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

IncarnatedDemon

I am thinking to preorder Dark Souls 2 , but i am having thoughts about dlc may fork me in the arse later if i preorder now.

So do you preorder alot? Or not?
And if so why?

I BARELY preorder games, because i demand alot from a preorder game.
It must be a game that i will play alot, not a game i will play now and then and eventually stop playing it.
And as i mentioned above, i dont want to preorder a game only to see a dlc be released a week or few months later.

My treshold for a dlc to not look suspicious is 3 months, though i am more positive to and prefer dlc that is released 6 months after main game.

MGR's JetStream Sam is in my opinion a good example of a suspicious looking dlc:
lazy content, crap story development, and lacking gameplay.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I think it depends on the game, and what preorder bonus you get with it.
For example, I preordered DmC just because of the Vergil's downfall DLC, weapons skins and perks being free with preorder.

On the other hand, I wish I had waited to buy Dishonored this year instead of last year. This year they are releasing the main game with all the DLC they have released over the year. All of this is the same price as I paid for the original game with no extra DLC.

But for games like Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider and Last of us, I waited a bit and did not preorder.

IncarnatedDemon

I think it depends on the game, and what preorder bonus you get with it.
For example, I preordered DmC just because of the Vergil's downfall DLC, weapons skins and perks being free with preorder.

On the other hand, I wish I had waited to buy Dishonored this year instead of last year. This year they are releasing the main game with all the DLC they have released over the year. All of this is the same price as I paid for the original game with no extra DLC.

But for games like Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider and Last of us, I waited a bit and did not preorder.
Dlc are working against preorders.

Now wonder few people preorder games nowdays when companies have abusive dlc practice.

Seriously...JetStream sam dlc butchered what could been a great story about Sam, and was just bad dlc practice.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
I will usually preorder RPG games from my favourite local store, as I tend to spend a lot of time in playing RPGs like Final Fantasy games, Tales games, Mass Effect games, Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch and most recently Diablo III. The reason is that RPGs tend to have much better single player value than other types of games.

The other reason I might preorder other genres of games would be if the new games are niche enough to be stocked in low quantities at my local store, such as Killer Is Dead, Lollipop Chainsaw and other niche games.

So, my vote is yes, for most RPGs.

IncarnatedDemon

I will usually preorder RPG games from my favourite local store, as I tend to spend a lot of time in playing RPGs like Final Fantasy games, Tales games, Mass Effect games, Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch and most recently Diablo III. The reason is that RPGs tend to have much better single player value than other types of games.

The other reason I might preorder other genres of games would be if the new games are niche enough to be stocked in low quantities at my local store, such as Killer Is Dead, Lollipop Chainsaw and other niche games.

So, my vote is yes, for most RPGs.
I think reason why we like RPGs aside from the combat is the option to explore a vast world.

So its a Adventure RPG, e.g Skyrim or Dark Souls.

Though Skyrim is more adventureous than Dark Souls.

Autumn

Welcome to my world....
Only if there are pre order bonus' such as sound track art books etc. I wouldn't pre order for DLC.

IncarnatedDemon

can anyone give me a status report on potential dlc for Dark Souls 2?

I dont want to preorder if they will release a dlc within 3 months after release.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Um, i only preorder games i'm really excited for, or if gamestop tells me i have to because they won't have any of them coming to the store =/

V

Oldschool DMC fan
No, because the last times I did Amazon took so long to dispatch I got them days after the normal release date

I also tried to do it with Shopto once but there was a problem

There aren't any games I'm bothered about at the moment, so I've got no reason to pre-order. Getting something free like DLC with a preorder is an incentive but frankly the content they start offering as DLC now should have already been included in the games, take DmC for example

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
No, because the last times I did Amazon took so long to dispatch I got them days after the normal release date

I also tried to do it with Shopto once but there was a problem

There aren't any games I'm bothered about at the moment, so I've got no reason to pre-order. Getting something free like DLC with a preorder is an incentive but frankly the content they start offering as DLC now should have already been included in the games, take DmC for example

Tell me about it! It took a week before I got Star Trek into Darkness and that was on Pre-Order.

I don't pre-order from Amazon or online stores, but I do sometimes from online catalogues... the last game I pre-ordered from them was DmC and it showed up on release.

Autumn

Welcome to my world....
The only thing I preordered from Amazon was Fable III and that was because of the DL character thingy ^^

I just had some serious problems trying to preorder KH HD from shopto >_>

Dark Drakan

Admin
I used to preorder pretty much any game I was interested in, months before release so I could get it as close to release as possible (sometimes early). However recently I have been preordering less and less, though that is mainly down to money and me trying to save it. I used to enjoy getting games posted early and arriving before release but lots of companies are getting strict on release dates now so less and less are arriving early and some even miss release. So I tend to wait and pick them up in supermarkets for cheaper than preordering on the day of release. I only tend to preorder now if I think its going to be out of stock in most places (GTA V is my only preorder of last 12 months) or if it has a good preorder incentive (bonus content).

Top Bottom