• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Does anybody still call the reboot Dante "emo?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Never understood how he was emo tho but emo like fag or ripoff are just words thrown around so much that have no meaning anymore.

Never got the twilight association either. TGS10 Dante was too scruffy and unhinged to ever be a twilight character (or even be on the CW).

To be honest I wanna yell at fans who say this like Sherlock yelled at anderson

ItWasAnEggTimer

Same as it ever was
Never understood how he was emo tho but emo like fag or ripoff are just words thrown around so much that have no meaning anymore.

Never got the twilight association either. TGS10 Dante was too scruffy and unhinged to ever be a twilight character (or even be on the CW).

To be honest I wanna yell at fans who say this like Sherlock yelled at anderson

Sherlock's voice sounds like he's possessed.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Hahaha yeah I wouldn't ask a barber that kind of haircut too, as much as it fits in the old saga. But I wouldn't ask for new Dante's hair as well. Maybe the only "acceptable" one is new Vergil's... and Mundus's, why not? LOL
What's wrong with Dante's new haircut in DmC? He's got the whole fauxhawk thing going on. I've rocked stuff like that in the past, but that didn't have people considering I was some emo. Just sexy. :cool:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
What's wrong with Dante's new haircut in DmC? He's got the whole fauxhawk thing going on. I've rocked stuff like that in the past, but that didn't have people considering I was some emo. Just sexy. :cool:

In fact I didn't say that that hair makes Dante emo. Just that I don't like that style, that's all ^^

ItWasAnEggTimer

Same as it ever was
I don't go to high school.

I went to school high.

Seriously though, you're right; Dante had no choice but to grow up homeless, and the fans resent him because he doesn't "own his own business" like the old Dante. *sight* Some people...

Speaking of business, I'd like him to open one if they ever make DmC2.

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
Most people ranting on the internet are total idiots. There are plenty of people who don't even know what the word 'bisexual' means. Hell, there's people who don't actually know what homosexuality means. They think gays are 'sexual deviants' and that homosexuals will molest any man, given the chance. Have these people not had any education? Or did they just stick their heads in the sand? These people... NNNGGH!

Same with emo - they don't even know what it means. All they know is that it's supposedly bad or ridiculous. It's become like a one-word way to deprecate something, just like some meme pictures. Emos typically wear black clothing with some bright contrasting colors, to illustrate their highs and lows in emotion. Same with the hair. Dante in DmC is more like... I dunno... slightly punkish? I'm not even sure he has a style. I can get the criticism towards the first version of DmC Dante, though (the one in the trailer). Still, I actually find that concept more interesting than what we got.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@TWOxACROSS- to be fair, it did sort of look like makeup in the "lineup shot"
Dante_dmc_2010.jpg
http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120923082159/devilmaycry/images/1/12/Dante_dmc_2010.jpg

but I think fans were just making a mountain into a molehill about it.

@Zer0- well Dante just sat around all day and Morrison/Lady had to do all the business stuff anyway so not really a good argument.

@Pyroblade- its funny your like that because I was watching the TGS10 trailer last night on XBoxViewTV and saw in the comments that there are fans that do wish they stuck with TGS 10 Dante or better incorporated him into Captivate 12 Dante's story.

actually the funniest comment was Myron Kinnsey who said #peopleareidiots and the same ones who liked TGS10 Dante now were probably the ones complaining about him in the first place.

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
@Pyroblade- its funny your like that because I was watching the TGS10 trailer last night on XBoxViewTV and saw in the comments that there are fans that do wish they stuck with TGS 10 Dante or better incorporated him into Captivate 12 Dante's story.

actually the funniest comment was Myron Kinnsey who said #peopleareidiots and the same ones who liked TGS10 Dante now were probably the ones complaining about him in the first place.
Funny? How do you mean? Don't get me wrong, I didn't like the Dante in that trailer, so I probably complained about it. That said, it's better than what we got in the end. At least the Dante from that trailer looked a bit more intelligent to me. I also get the sense that he would've made for a more interesting character... that is, if he had some more defining traits. Say, if he were bisexual or something - that would work well with his disdain for religion, and it *could* make the story around him more interesting. Also, if he had some problems in the past, as in trust issues when it comes to humans. Or maybe that he's coping with chronic depression. In DmC, Dante is just a guy p*ssed off at demons for hunting him. The final version of new Dante also looks too... regular. Aside from being sort of an ass, he's not too memorable to me. I'm wondering what their original backstory for Dante was.

But yeah, people are idiots. They constantly fight about opinions, often have no respect for the authorities or people with more experience than them, they believe in things that haven't been and probably can't be proved, ignore things that have been proved, they call addictions 'diseases', they beat people up thinking it'll somehow resolve a fight rather than making it worse... etc etc. Idiots.
But just because some vocal idiots whined about the hair doesn't mean that all DMC fans think it's a problem, you know?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom