• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Drakengard 1

Vergillicious

You will not forget this devil's power!
I was wondering why/how were the pacts made with each character?

I've been looking all over for it. Please help if you can. Thank you for advance.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Caim made his pact with Angelus after being mortally wounded and discovering bound dragon in castle's hall. Despite initial antipathy they decided to forge pact to get their revenge. He gave up his voice for the pact.
Leonard attempted suicide after his brothers were killed by empire but was stopped by fairy, who convinced to forge pact, to avenge his brothers. He gave up his sight for the pact.
Arioch witnessed murder of her child by empire, which led to her going insane and starting to devour children. That led to her capture. She was freed from capture by salamander /undine and gave up her ability to birth.
Seere had his home attacked, and his mother sacrificed herself to protect him, which was made into catalyst to forge pact with golem. It costed him his time, meaning he'll never age.

Vergillicious

Caim made his pact with Angelus after being mortally wounded and discovering bound dragon in castle's hall. Despite initial antipathy they decided to forge pact to get their revenge. He gave up his voice for the pact.
Leonard attempted suicide after his brothers were killed by empire but was stopped by fairy, who convinced to forge pact, to avenge his brothers. He gave up his sight for the pact.
Arioch witnessed murder of her child by empire, which led to her going insane and starting to devour children. That led to her capture. She was freed from capture by salamander /undine and gave up her ability to birth.
Seere had his home attacked, and his mother sacrificed herself to protect him, which was made into catalyst to forge pact with golem. It costed him his time, meaning he'll never age.

Thank you so much for the info. Did you like this game as well?

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Thank you so much for the info. Did you like this game as well?
I really liked story in both Drakengard 1 and 2. Gameplay was better in second though imo. But final boss was pain inducing in Drakengard 1. Sadly I wasn't convinced by Drakengard 3.

Vergillicious

I really liked story in both Drakengard 1 and 2. Gameplay was better in second though imo. But final boss was pain inducing in Drakengard 1. Sadly I wasn't convinced by Drakengard 3.

I've never played Drakengard 3, I just saw the cutscenes. I don't get the flower thing that's blooming out of the main chicks eye. But the graphics were good.

It's been like 7 years since I played Drakengard 1 & 2.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I've never played Drakengard 3, I just saw the cutscenes. I don't get the flower thing that's blooming out of the main chicks eye. But the graphics were good.

It's been like 7 years since I played Drakengard 1 & 2.
Drakengard 3 is very messy when it comes to framerate. Like under 20fps usually

Vergillicious

Drakengard 3 is very messy when it comes to framerate. Like under 20fps usually

I thought the graphics were pretty. But the game itself didn't get such a good score. Was it done by the same people who made the first 2?

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I thought the graphics were pretty. But the game itself didn't get such a good score. Was it done by the same people who made the first 2?
yes, though it has completely different vibe. Lot of weird humour and out of nowhere jokes. Plus much more forgettable characters.

Vergillicious

yes, though it has completely different vibe. Lot of weird humour and out of nowhere jokes. Plus much more forgettable characters.

Yeah. I don't really remember the characters. But I remember the humor. Some of it was perverted haha. But the main character's dragon looked a lot like the one from the 2nd game.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Yeah. I don't really remember the characters. But I remember the humor. Some of it was perverted haha. But the main character's dragon looked a lot like the one from the 2nd game.
Drakengard 3 is prequel to the first two games. Dragon from second Drakengard is actually evil dragon from the first one

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Really? I don't see how it's a prequel. Why is the dragon evil anyways?
Its really bizarre but clone of one of MC's sisters is descendant of Seere and Manah. Black Dragon was one of the dragons wanting exterminate humanity along with gods.

Vergillicious

Its really bizarre but clone of one of MC's sisters is descendant of Seere and Manah. Black Dragon was one of the dragons wanting exterminate humanity along with gods.

Whoa! So all of the games are tied to each other someway? Like nowe is the child of inuart and feurie or however you spell their names. Along with inuart's dragon..right?

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Whoa! So all of the games are tied to each other someway? Like nowe is the child of inuart and feurie or however you spell their names. Along with inuart's dragon..right?
yep pretty much. Also Legna is a black dragon (Inuart's dragon) from the first game

Top Bottom