• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

EA won worst company in America again, did they really deserve it?

Dark Drakan

Admin
Believe it or not EA have been improving year after year & yeah some of their choices have sucked & they have made some really poor mistakes lately but many companies have & that is how you learn. However EA have also ploughed millions into new franchises/IP's & developers to get them started in the industry & helped get games published that might never have seen the light of day without their backing. Yes EA have also been a money grabbing corporation but at the same time they are one of the biggest in the industry & without that money grabbing they would have disappeared by now. I dont agree with some of their policies & there are times I have shook my fist in anger at them (closing Westwood Studios!) however they have also helped bring some great titles into the industry. They cut down the amount of franchises they were releasing & tried to stick to quality instead. They have accepted their mistakes & them winning this award 2 years running will hurt them maybe not financially but their pride will be dented because they represent the industry & dont enjoy all the hate they get. Hopefully the DRM aspect has made them & others start to rethink the strategy behind it.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Thus proving once again that online polls really are worthless, because a good portion of gamers really are nothing if not embittered people with too much time on their hands.

It's not that I don't believe that EA is a god awful company with some truly horrendous, anti-consumer practices, but when Bank of America has basically destroyed the lives of countless people with some flat out inhumane, cruel and callous decisions, I believe we've really got to start asking ourselves if we're taking this grudge against EA a little too far.

GF9000000Returns

I don't really like EA Sports but they don't deserve that award, I think THIS company does!

activision-logo1.jpg

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
The consumerist should make a separate Worst Video Game Company in America poll, because the majority of voters on the internet are gamers and they will vote for EA every year no matter what EA does, they want EA gone and they'll do what ever it takes.

As for Mass Effect, I thought the 1st game was amazing and IMO had the potential to rival Star Wars, but when EA came on board it was all just generic shooting s**t and banging the blue chick became the most memorable thing about the series apart from it's awful ending. I don't give a flying f**k about the so called prequel, I haven't bought a thing from EA since ME3 and never will.
The last game I ever bought from EA was Mirror's Edge like 5 years ago. At least Mirror's Edge was something rather unique. Shame it didn't do too well because it was a really cool idea that's just begging for a sequel.

Dark Drakan

Admin
The last game I ever bought from EA was Mirror's Edge like 5 years ago. At least Mirror's Edge was something rather unique. Shame it didn't do too well because it was a really cool idea that's just begging for a sequel.

They have said they arent finished with it yet & was even a Mirrors Edge easter egg in Battlefield 3.

Top Bottom