• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Each Dante represents a music genre

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I really do believe one of the biggest influences for each Dante was music inspiration. I think each dante represents the genre of music that is either played in the game or what seems to fit with the clothes they all wear. For example;

DMC1
devilart_7.jpg

DMC1 had a more dark electronic style of music when ever the heavy combat came on to play. the music was energetic and loud, but also darkly and ominous. The song Lock n' Load fits Dante's character in the sense that it carries a dark ominous feeling to it, but also has this very stylish beat that gives you the feeling of the person who owns this song must be a dude not to be messed with. Hi clothes also give a Blade reference from the 1998 movie, which also used a dark electronic sound to occupy the action.

DMC2
537px-DMC2_-_Dante.png

DMC2 had a darker metal feel to it. Kind of like Kamalot style of dark to it, but not the same completely. DMC2 Dante's attire also reflected a more gothic regal vampire which gave the music a bit more of a push in the intensity. But when it would become slow and melody-like, it gives an ominous two times the style DMC1 did. This style reflected Dante's inner demons.

DMC3
MTS_Navetsea-376544-devil-may-cry-3-dante.jpg

DMC3 seemed to take a few hues from DMC1, only with DMC3, they decided to focus more on a loud and heavy drum and bass style to occupy Dante's cocky character. This music reflects both on the dark mood of the world the game takes place in, while also reflecting Dante's bombastic personality to go crazy with killing demons while also being stylishly deathly. (A new word I made up;)) DMC3 Dante's clothes however seem to be more leaning to the J-rock culture with the flamboyantly red leather coat and the long white hair over his eyes.

DMC4
Dante_4.png

DMC4 had a bit of a dark electronica gutair beat to it while still retaining the lyrical styling of a metal song. The music reflects Dante with a bit of a metal aspect from the first game, but remixed with electric noises to still fit with the rest of the music in DMC4. Dante's clothes don't 100% fit the music that plays as his theme as he carries a western sensibility to his attire, but also holds a bit of the gothic metal appearance to him. The music doesn't 100% fit his character either, bu tit does give that loud, pumping feeling to it, which fits Dante's character in DMC4.

DmC
Dante_DmC_Render.jpg

DmC's music is more focused on the heavy metal drum and gutair streaming mixed with electronica and aggrotech and loud lyrics of aggressive anger, something that fits Dante's aggressive attitude when he talks to the demons and when he goes to fight the demons in the Limbo city. His clothes are more issued to the early punk era of the 80's, but there's also a patch of Metallica style of leather jackets within the look of the clothes. I also have an Eminem feeling to this Dante with the aggressive rapping Eminem does.

So what do you guys think?

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
Allow me to be the first to respond to this...

Well, why the hell didn't I notice that before since Day 1 of DMC?!?

Top Bottom