• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fighting Bob Bartas with PC Keyboard....

phoenix-force411

Worse experience ever. Due to a fixed camera and having a hard time remembering the PC controls made this fight the most annoying one ever. I'm currently playing on Human 'cause I like to have an easy time with all Devil May Cry games. But I had to use a lot of items along with 2 Gold Orbs. Never doing that fight again. Please no more fixed cameras.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
DmC though doesn't have fixed cameras like other games in the series. You can rotate it. I don't get it.

Wow, if you're struggling to beat bob barbas on human, the camera being fixed is the least of your worries. I assume you're talking about when the camera zooms out to an extreme distance to mimic helicopter news footage, I have no idea why you'd have difficulty there since the camera is so far out that you can see everything at all times. Fixed cameras with constant changing environments is what is inexuscable, like you're running forward and suddenly it switches to different angle so you run back from the environment you just ran forward from. I always prefer a controllable camera, but at least in DmC's case its for a specific reason, and it is so wide out that you can see every enemy trying to attack you Basically, as long as its wide enough so that left remains left and right remains right a fixed camera is not an issue.

Also, maybe if you'd learn the controls, the game would be a lot easier, and your experience less "awful."

Last edited:

phoenix-force411

Haha...yeah the birds eye view part was cool but it wasn't the source of annoyance for me. What annoyed me the most was when I had to slam the platforms before they reset. Its very difficult to maneuver on PC with just keyboard when the game gives you a fixed camera 'cause you can only use W, A, S, and D, to move around. Trying to switch between weapons while trying to move on all sorts of directions without free camera control is very hard. For those of you who have not tried this part with just keyboard, it does get frustrating.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I can only suggest investing on a PC controller for these situations. You can play however you want but there are games made for controllers and games made for keyboards and while I can honestly say I've surprised myself at how well I've adapted to alien situations, like playing with a keyboard for the first time, there are still times when you just have to go with the tool it was designed for.

Elijah Guerrero

Wow, if you're struggling to beat bob barbas on human, the camera being fixed is the least of your worries. I assume you're talking about when the camera zooms out to an extreme distance to mimic helicopter news footage, I have no idea why you'd have difficulty there since the camera is so far out that you can see everything at all times. Fixed cameras with constant changing environments is what is inexuscable, like you're running forward and suddenly it switches to different angle so you run back from the environment you just ran forward from. I always prefer a controllable camera, but at least in DmC's case its for a specific reason, and it is so wide out that you can see every enemy trying to attack you Basically, as long as its wide enough so that left remains left and right remains right a fixed camera is not an issue.

Also, maybe if you'd learn the controls, the game would be a lot easier, and your experience less "awful."

Hey Sam, I have a question.
Did you ever figure out that during the Mundus' Spawn boss fight, that if you do Payoff to the third eye (on the head) you could temporarily stun the Spawn.

Top Bottom