• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Final Fantasy XIV To Be The LAST Of The Series.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
After a long streak of fourteen games, (fifteen if you include X-2), Square Enix have sadly announced that the Final Fantasy series will be coming to a close.

Yoshinori Kitase, producer of Final Fantasy V, VI, VII, VIII, X, X-2, Crisis Core, Dissidia and XIII had this to say:

"We feel that Final Fantasy has run its intended course, producing the series has brought us here much pleasure and whilst we know that this will be sad news to our fans, we believe that anything else we can add to the series would simply cheapen the experience."

A shame, really, still, I'm not going to argue against it if that's truly their decision, no matter how sad it makes me. ._.

Kotaku article for more information.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Yes it is a bit sad.I mean the Zelda series are still going but FF is closing.Too bad.On the other hand they can now focus on KH and other series.One of them being NIER[They HOPE it can become a series].

So I guess no Dissidia 2 and no more FFVII compilation it seems.And it had...7 more years until it's end.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
It's a shame that they've cut things short with the FFVII compilation and all that, but you gotta admit, they did a pretty awesome job with it, doesn't really feel like they left out too many loose ends either, so kudos for that at the very least.

I was never a fan of the idea of Dissidia 2 anyway, I mean, it was never 100% confirmed, but all the expansion could have simply been done through DLC.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Seriously?
Cos' today is April fools Day, why would they cancel a series that is successfull?

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Well, you saw the quote and the article, they have their reasons, however confusing. ._.

Is it? I hadn't noticed.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Oh wait!It IS April fool's...better wait a bit Credo.I have a feeling that Kitase asked Nomura about an April's fools joke and they decided to do this.Better wait a bit...[starts cracking fists while seeing the SE logo.]

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
Its april fools day and after fourteen games that have gived them so much money, it very strange that they will close the series

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
This threads prove no one actually clicks the links people put up here.

:p

*Ebony dances again!*

Meg

yeah really! i clicked the link for this one and the dmc5 one to. neither went to the supposed articles.
despite how i never liked FF i want them to continue making them because i know a lot of people do like them and i'm hopeful there will eventually be one (besides crisis core) that i like.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I don't know... After that DMC5 thing, I don't think this is true either. Only time will tell, I guess.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
even if it is for real that dosn't mean anything. they can change their mind any time. ( if they have any brains they will) it is the responsiblily of any decent corperation to do evey thing they can to make as mutch money as possible. final fansatsy makes money. even if all the people who have worked on it feel that it should not continue that dosn't mean it won't. coperations don't care if they cheapen a work of art as long as they can still make money off of it. it this case you can trust the greed of coperations to do what the people who truly made the series might not. the name "final fantasy" will be exploted until it has no worth left. ( lets hope it stays good for a few more games)

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
darkslayer13;211540 said:
even if it is for real that dosn't mean anything. they can change their mind any time. ( if they have any brains they will) it is the responsiblily of any decent corperation to do evey thing they can to make as mutch money as possible. final fansatsy makes money. even if all the people who have worked on it feel that it should not continue that dosn't mean it won't. coperations don't care if they cheapen a work of art as long as they can still make money off of it. it this case you can trust the greed of coperations to do what the people who truly made the series might not. the name "final fantasy" will be exploted until it has no worth left. ( lets hope it stays good for a few more games)

Don't worry, it's another Rick Roll... Nice one, Credo, you got me twice! :lol:

Michiru

Styrofoam! D:
OMG!!! I almost cried when I saw the title of this thread. And then I clicked the link....-__-

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
If it is the final game...that is saddening, but then again, like Dread pointed out, this could basically be another April Fools XD.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Well, it's no longer April Fools, so it's worth announcing that both this and the DMC5 thread were April Fools jokes. :lol:

aka958

Don't trust people
Lulz, never believed it anyways.

They've said to much promises about the games and what will come. Why would they stop?

What do you mean how I'll react to this?

They are actually making less Final Fantasy for each new game... I want remakes of the OLD ones!!! FFI needs a dungeon with the Cloudsea djinn.

Top Bottom