• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Game Informer Review !

Sawyer1331

Son Of Sparda Is Back
Another 9/10 !

Here are 2 scans i could find from the magazine :
09052622761191123271.png

52992835838162246684.png

Sawyer1331

Son Of Sparda Is Back
No mention of Bloody Palace?
Apparently not

Though wasn't it confirmed a couple of days ago that the game doesn't have a Bloody Palace ? I thought some guy who had the game, confirmed that there are no Bloody Palace ?!!!

m100t8s

Apparently not

Though wasn't it confirmed a couple of days ago that the game doesn't have a Bloody Palace ? I thought some guy who had the game, confirmed that there are no Bloody Palace ?!!!
Didn't they say that Bloody Palace is in Vergil's Downfall?

m100t8s

Really ? This is the first time i hear about BP being in Vergil's Downfall !

Are you sure about this ? Cause it's great news

Ahh, Don't quote me on that, Someone on GameFAQS said it.

And it might be true, Remember Vergil's Downfall first trailer? They said "Unlockables,Leaderboards and hours of gameplay".

What could ever have Leaderboards other than BP?

Sawyer1331

Son Of Sparda Is Back
Ahh, Don't quote me on that, Someone on GameFAQS said it.

And it might be true, Remember Vergil's Downfall first trailer? They said "Unlockables,Leaderboards and hours of gameplay".

What could ever have Leaderboards other than BP?
Well for all we know Unlockables could mean anything , like costumes or concept arts , videos , etc.

But let's hope that I'm wrong and they actually meant Bloody Palace !

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Well for all we know Unlockables could mean anything , like costumes or concept arts , videos , etc.
Concept art is a high possibility for unlockable seeing as it is an NT game. I'd also like to see more of those actor performance videos as unloackables, maybe even videos where they goof up lines for a serious scene. :p

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
Concept art is a high possibility for unlockable seeing as it is an NT game. I'd also like to see more of those actor performance videos as unloackables, maybe even videos where they goof up lines for a serious scene. :p
If there is unlockable videos, I hope they are not like the Behind The Scenes videos they released on YouTube. That **** was just awful edited with all the wubwub and stuff.

DumbFanboy-Hunter

"Activate four generators and align the symbols? Whatever you say Vergil"
- Y U NO GIVE SPOILER ALERT GAME INFORMER!!ARRRRGGGGHHHH
frustrated-2-gif.13865

Lol just realized i didn't give a spoiler alert either

m100t8s

If there is unlockable videos, I hope they are not like the Behind The Scenes videos they released on YouTube. That **** was just awful edited with all the wubwub and stuff.
I agree. These videos were a pain in the ass to watch.

Gbraga

Apparently not

Yeah, but the confirmation was just that you don't unlock the Bloody Palace after finishing the game, so since there is the BloodyPalace folder in the demo, maybe it would be unlocked after playing all the secret missions or something.

I just hope hackers get into it soon, this is the first time in my life I'm hoping for a DLC on disk lol

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
So the ending sucks, the bosses suck, and the lack of lock on becomes an apparent issue, but its still 9/10?
yea, that does seem kind wierd. But he said the ending just wasn't as powerful as it could have been, plus there is still the Vergil Story line aswell that could make for a decent ending. The auto lock feature hasn't been a problem with me in the demo. I also noticed the autolock-on has some kind of priority, like when fighting a hell demon, and you have the AX out, Dante usually focuses more on him, same as the frost demon with the scythe. But what i've tried was double clicking the left stick, ala stinger, to switch enemies more efficiently.

DarkSlayer54

So the ending sucks, the bosses suck, and the lack of lock on becomes an apparent issue, but its still 9/10?
You assumed too much. :p
The disappointing bosses don't mean they suck. Personally, I'll love the bosses due to the patterns.

I didn't notice any mention about the ending sucking... just a disappointment due to the expectations set from the first few missions.

The lockon created issues in previous games. DMC1 was the worst as far as this goes. No doubt, it's an issue in DmC, but I've only noticed it for the guns and the angel/demon lift/pull.

All in all, these issues are minor. It's the reason it has a 9/10 instead of a 10/10, imo. Overall, I think i'll end up agreeing with his review. DT is a big disappointment for me... a bit too much like GoW (charge up for a full level, save it for a boss, use it in 5 seconds... whoop de doo).

Gbraga

Seriously! I don't doubt the game is good, it can be the best game ever, AS LONG AS the person claiming that think the lock-on wasn't missed, the bosses were great and the story was great as well (or at least not bad), but the amount of "a lot of things suck, 9/10" is the reason why most people don't give a damn about games journalism.

Top Bottom