• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Gamescom Trailer

Azurel

Ahh...Inuyashi was a loooong one wasn't it.
Naraku ressurecting every time in that manga always made me insane. lol
I can't bear laughing out every time when something happens he is behind it.(Although assumed dead everytime)

"He really is dead this time! Honest!"

Yeah, I can see how that can get old, fast. Anyway, Inuyasha wasn't that bad, just predictable. At least it ended the story reasonably well in the anime. Not a lot of series get to do that, especially now that a lot of shows are getting canceled left and right.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Another thing about this trailer is that

How much did Dante cuss in this?:ermm: None?!:blink: Le gasp! Does that mean he may not cuss every five seconds like people keep saying?!
images

Vezild

Taking Back Lordran One Boss At a Time
Did anyone else feel this eerie feeling when they saw Vergil's face? I felt like I was looking at DMC 3 Dante (look to the right side of your screen). Anyway, I'm gonna love this new Vergil. The old Vergil was so...generic. This new Vergil looks like he has some depth at least.
Watch...he becomes Nelo Angelo at the end.

I'm not hating on you or anything...I can understand why you'd be worried about DmC, but...what plot? The original series's plot was 1 and 3. 2 and 4 were just...spin-offs, really. That's how I see them. Nothing about Dante's heritage, his past, or about him surpassing Sparda.

DMC2 itself barely had a plot that barely mentioned Sparda. DMC4 went all..."Sparda-who?" and gave us Nero. And we're just assuming he has something to do with Sparda because he has white hair and a demonic arm.

When your ship's broken, try to fix it. If you can't fix it, go build a new one. DmC is the new ship. Whether it's going on fair seas or just going to sink in some maelstrom is the question.

And that is my opinion on your argument.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
"He really is dead this time! Honest!"

Yeah, I can see how that can get old, fast. Anyway, Inuyasha wasn't that bad, just predictable. At least it ended the story reasonably well in the anime. Not a lot of series get to do that, especially now that a lot of shows are getting canceled left and right.

Bleach....:D :D:D

Azurel

Did anyone else feel this eerie feeling when they saw Vergil's face? I felt like I was looking at DMC 3 Dante (look to the right side of your screen). Anyway, I'm gonna love this new Vergil. The old Vergil was so...generic. This new Vergil looks like he has some depth at least.
Watch...he becomes Nelo Angelo at the end.

I'm not hating on you or anything...I can understand why you'd be worried about DmC, but...what plot? The original series's plot was 1 and 3. 2 and 4 were just...spin-offs, really. That's how I see them. Nothing about Dante's heritage, his past, or about him surpassing Sparda.

DMC2 itself barely had a plot that barely mentioned Sparda. DMC4 went all..."Sparda-who?" and gave us Nero. And we're just assuming he has something to do with Sparda because he has white hair and a demonic arm.

When your ship's broken, try to fix it. If you can't fix it, go build a new one. DmC is the new ship. Whether it's going on fair seas or just going to sink in some maelstrom is the question.

And that is my opinion on your argument.

You're wrong. Totally wrong. DMC was the greatest thing since Ben & Jerry's. And Vergil is not generic. He's a very special character who totally did not rip off of Sephiroth, Sessoramu, and Vergil from Static Shock (come on, they both wear blue trench coats and have spiky hair...though I'm sure that time it may have been pure coincidence...still, the point stands).

Oh, and even a little from Richter Belmont (he also had a blue trench coat (in the official art work, anyway) and had a rapid-slash dash move--I say it counts.)

So yes. I'm right. You're wrong. Old Vergil rules. New Vergil sucks. :troll:

And what do you mean "sinking ship"?? A few leaks here and there....and an iceberg.... never hurt anybody! Just slap some duct tape on it like Capcom usually does and it'll be as good as new! Or DMC4. Whichever is more believable.

"Vezlid"?? More like...."Vex....lid".... because you vex ...people. (vex = agitate) And it had a very deep story! Aspiring writers of today can learn a thing or two from the paper-thin plot. Sure, you could put the whole thing on a menu at Denny's, but that doesn't mean it was anything less than spectacular. It's quality, not quantity.

And don't tell me that the old DMC series had neither, because then it would be obvious that you have no idea what you're talking about. Just let the the old fanboys like me wallow in our delusions of grandeur and we'll keep ignoring your valid, well-thought out arguments.

Honestly...some people...:/

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
You're wrong. Totally wrong. DMC was the greatest thing since Ben & Jerry's. And Vergil is not generic. He's a very special character who totally did not rip off of Sephiroth, Sessoramu, and Vergil from Static Shock (come on, they both wear blue trench coats and have spiky hair...though I'm sure that time it may have been pure coincidence...still, the point stands).

Virgil from SS doesn't have spikey hair....I think those are dreadlocks.

berto

I Saw the Devil
It seems people keep thinking that Inuyasha or Sephiroth had anything to do with DMC because of the white hair. It's not just a Japanese thing, you know? It's also provelent in Chinese stories and films.

DragonMaster2010

It seems people keep thinking that Inuyasha or Sephiroth had anything to do with DMC because of the white hair. It's not just a Japanese thing, you know? It's also provelent in Chinese stories and films.

Exactly. Sure Vergil and Sessomaru are alike, but Sephiroth and Vergil? Oh nonononono NO! Sephy's a psycho with a long ass sword. Vergil's a half demon with a katana. They are very different.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Seishomaru is stoic, Vergil isn't. They are the protagonists' evil brothers. Katanas and white hair and a desire for power... Well they certainly seem to follow a certain formula but I still say that as much as they are alike they are also equaly different.

Azurel

Exactly. Sure Vergil and Sessomaru are alike, but Sephiroth and Vergil? Oh nonononono NO! Sephy's a psycho with a long ass sword. Vergil's a half demon with a katana. They are very different.

Thank you. You truly are the Master of Dragons.

FUS DO RAH.

Well, goodnight guys.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
I don't care about his hair. I am guessing Ninja Theory will make it seem like I do as they go under the pressure of my horribly terrifying constructive criticism. And then they will pretend that the personality is true to the original series.

DragonMaster2010

I don't care about his hair. I am guessing Ninja Theory will make it seem like I do as they go under the pressure of my horribly terrifying constructive criticism. And then they will pretend that the personality is true to the original series.

You don't have to pretend. Just except it as a reboot of the character you use to know.

ReRave

smug jerk

Oh, and even a little from Richter Belmont (he also had a blue trench coat (in the official art work, anyway) and had a rapid-slash dash move--I say it counts.)

So yes. I'm right. You're wrong. Old Vergil rules. New Vergil sucks. :troll:

And what do you mean "sinking ship"?? A few leaks here and there....and an iceberg.... never hurt anybody! Just slap some duct tape on it like Capcom usually does and it'll be as good as new! Or DMC4. Whichever is more believable.

"Vezlid"?? More like...."Vex....lid".... because you vex ...people. (vex = agitate) And it had a very deep story! Aspiring writers of today can learn a thing or two from the paper-thin plot. Sure, you could put the whole thing on a menu at Denny's, but that doesn't mean it was anything less than spectacular. It's quality, not quantity.

And don't tell me that the old DMC series had neither, because then it would be obvious that you have no idea what you're talking about. Just let the the old fanboys like me wallow in our delusions of grandeur and we'll keep ignoring your valid, well-thought out arguments.

Honestly...some people...

This is either a very elaborate troll, or I came to hate you in the last minute.

Top Bottom