• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

General DMC 5 Discussion

berto

I Saw the Devil
Wow.

I know that but remapping buttons does not fill in the empty blanks, just move them around.
I wish the developers would make use of all buttons.
Moves like Showdown or Maximum Bet could be pulled off without pressing two face buttons simultaneously.
Yeah, that's specially annoying because I have taunt for Nero mapped to the R2 trigger so I can run and dropkick while charging but in the demo you can't remap taunt to anything else.

gmc

So, this is a thing, now.
1549663801018.png

Italian, mate. Or Portuguese, but not Spanish.
how will this explain dantes personality change from 2 to 4, in 2 he was much more serious which implies something tragic must
ve happened in between 2 and 4

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
No I mean the balance for the Breakers would be broken if that was the case. You can keep spamming Ragtime's Time Bubble move and go into other Breakers and back and forth.

Easy fix, switching cancels the currently active Break Age (if one is active). Canceling is the bread and butter of DMC, after all.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@gmc
Dante in the anime isn't that different from his portrayal in 2 so just put them right next to each other. His shift from 2to 4 could be attributed to him going to hell and that shakes him out of his funk.

Reactions: gmc

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Easy fix, switching cancels the currently active Break Age (if one is active). Canceling is the bread and butter of DMC, after all.

Ragtime's Time Bubble isn't a Break Age is its standard move. It only affects one enemy. Its Break Age is Quicksilver/Time Stop.

Not everything is cancel....able*cough*Maximum Bet*cough*Showdown*cough*. You can perform Round Trip with one weapon and stun lock an enemy and switch to another weapon and the sword won't return upon switching. The Time Bubble/Time Stop is like that but it works much more faster, instantaneous, and probably work on guarded/shielded enemies. If the affects of the Time Bubble wears off upon switching it lowers the window to follow up with another Breaker action. Not so sure how Ragtime 100% works but I do know using the Break Age move causes you to go to the next Breaker and Quicksilver is still in effect. So if the Time Bubble is like that then you can switch to another Breaker and perform an action before the Time Bubble disappears and due to how it is now this strategy can't be abused/spammed but still utilized.

Personally I prefer a cycling method so we can determine what Breaker comes next rather than tying 4 of them to the d-pad. Hence I would like the idea of Pasta Breaker as a mechanic and not a goddamn DLC. They can **** off with that. I like the idea of being able to hold up to 8 Breakers at once cuz it does open up more combat and customization possibilities.

Besides considering the fact in the Void you can have it set so DB can never break it seems that could allude to a function for the Super Modifier/Costume or some other mechanic that makes DB unbreakable*cough*DevilTrigger*cough*....and if not you can practice your combos in the Void.:cool:

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Pardon, I was thinking of a different term, but well, it's not like you can't do Rag Time, then Break Away and use another Breaker while something is stopped.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Pardon, I was thinking of a different term, but well, it's not like you can't do Rag Time, then Break Away and use another Breaker while something is stopped.

Uhhhmmm maybe I guess. We haven't seen RagTime in action so I can't clarify if the Time Bubble stays around after Break Away. What are you trying to get at again?

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Considering the effect of Punch Line ends if you're hit while it's detached, I doubt using Break Away to combo Ragtime into another Breaker would work very well.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Considering the effect of Punch Line ends if you're hit while it's detached, I doubt using Break Away to combo Ragtime into another Breaker would work very well.

Well the effect of Punch Line is the arm itself whereas the Time Bubble is an energy mass created by Ragtime. Not confirming it will stay in effect once you switch via Break Away but its not the same case as Punch Line and even the Quicksilver Time Stop of Ragtime Break Age is still in effect after its destroyed meaning the energy can still reside after its gone and the only reasons why the Time Bubble wouldn't do the same would be for "balance (no fun)" reason. The Time Bubble doesn't even last that long anyway.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
So this was enlightening, but also contradicts some info we received previously.

Near the end of the video has Nico say "You must be V, right?" as if she's never seen him before in her life, but we were previously told that V was raised by Nico's family, and that's why they have the same tattoos. So...uh...no?

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Near the end of the video has Nico say "You must be V, right?" as if she's never seen him before in her life, but we were previously told that V was raised by Nico's family, and that's why they have the same tattoos. So...uh...no?
What if he's a con man and that was his cover story??? :eek:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@TWOxACROSS
That was just a rumor probably. I don't think the devs ever mentioned it themselves. Who knows at this point? Maybe they are both running a con on Dante/Nero? Ala Naomi/Gray Fox.

Honestly im hoping its not true because i like V and hate Nico so they are better off seperate.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
So this was enlightening, but also contradicts some info we received previously.

A. I'm not watching that. I've seen too much.

B. Those were just leaks/rumors, a lot of which has been disproven or false in the past

C. V's tattoos are nothing like Nico's tattoos. The only relevance they have toward each other is the fact one of Nico's tattoos has a William Blake quote.

Although considering how much Itsuno is hyping up Nico and certain evidence shown so far there is a chance the two would develop some sort of odd relationship over the course of the story.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
@TWOxACROSS
That was just a rumor probably. I don't think the devs ever mentioned it themselves. Who knows at this point? Maybe they are both running a con on Dante/Nero? Ala Naomi/Gray Fox.

Honestly im hoping its not true because i like V and hate Nico so they are better off seperate.

Yeah, Nico seems like the weakest of the new characters because she just doesn't seem like a likeable person. She's loud, has her priorities way out of whack (making Nero pay for the DBs in the middle of a freaking apocalypse) and is honestly kind of a dick.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Yeah, Nico seems like the weakest of the new characters because she just doesn't seem like a likeable person. She's loud, has her priorities way out of whack (making Nero pay for the DBs in the middle of a freaking apocalypse) and is honestly kind of a dick.
She's meant to be the comic relief which is fine but she often falls into cringe. Maybe she'll get better as we play the game.

I can see her as a jerk but that wouldn't be out of place for DMC. They all can be jerks, Nero, especially. Check out the Gaming Sins video for DMC4.

I actually thought a scene where she and V are arguing magic versus science so that's where I want them to go.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I actually thought a scene where she and V are arguing magic versus science so that's where I want them to go.

Not so sure about that but there is a scene in one of the recent vids where V kills Goliath and tosses the last piece of him to Nico and she proceeds to make something with it. Probably Punchline.

Also, one of the bosses V fights Nidhogg has the exact same drill appendages that are seen on Helter Skelter but modeled a bit differently and black as well as the fact he also fights Geryon who is probably used to make Ragtime as well. So it seems some of the bosses V faces he takes a piece of them to give to Nico so she can make more Breakers for Nero to make him stronger so he can defeat Urizen because after Dante was defeated and left behind V resorted to using Nero to kill Urizen (hence why Griffin asked if he believed Nero can kill Urizen) since Dante (at the time) can no longer do it. Seeing how Nico's panties got wet after she got a piece of Goliath and V probably needs her as much as he needs Nero.

So the 3 have an interesting working relationship.

Don't forget Griffin talks and has enough of a mouth that even Dante finds him annoying.

Top Bottom