• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Golden Joystick awards

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Well, of course it follows the timeline and all that, but, from what I remember it was like Metal Gear Solid: Ghost Babel, which was a game that followed the events of Metal Gear 1 and Metal Gear 2, but also took place in the same time that Metal Gear Solid for the PlayStation was supposed to be going on. In essence, it was a replacement for MGS1.

Ghost Babel was just a "what-if" game that followed the events of Metal Gear 1 and 2 and even had you returning to Galuade and the old Outer Heaven base. In the same vain, Metal Gear Rising follows the events of MGS4, but is otherwise not technically part of the canon, because it's just a "what-if" game. That's what I mean - I'm not sure if I'm being clear or not :x

Ghost Babel though is a side story that does contradict which is basically the core canon. It's the core Metal Gear lore so maybe that is just a mistake on their part. *shrugs* it's up in the air really.

MGR however doesn't really have anything going against it like that because being where it is in this timeline it's its own thing but can still tie in to the Metal Gear canon without interfering with things already established.

MGS 4 really concluded the story so you can't go in to the future really. (Except if P* and Konami just wants to say f#ck all to Raiden's retirement and feed him back on the battlefield like they did.) It gave the characters their resolutions, it answered all the lingering questions, and Snake was dying. You can really only now dive in to the past which is what Phantom Pain is doing again.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Here I come back hopefully to see it die down...but when I see MGR vs DmC involved:
mlfw7583-12550.gif

I think someone should lock the door on the way out. (mods)

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
I think someone should lock the door on the way out. (mods)
I'm suddenly scared to asked but, what did I miss? o.o

But anyway on the conversaion of the Golden Joystick Awards, I think The Last of Us is going to win a lot of those awards. It just did something really good that I think even The Walking Dead is going to have to some competition with in the future if The Last Us gets anymore sequels.

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
DmC for sure on the visuals, DmC is probably one of the best looking games I've seen this year. I would love for the Last of Us to get it, but the world wasn't very different from your standard apocalypse universe. I mean the game was stunningly gorgeous and very thing was very detailed, but it still isn't enough.

However I do believe that The Last of Us deserves game of the year. Both me and my father, father-daughtered that **** and it was pretty damn amazing. The Last of Us is probably one of the better games I've ever played, and although the story was simple it won me over and nearly made me cry.

And ugh, Killer is Dead. I hope that game isn't even mentioned, I don't even know what to say about that slimeball of a game.

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
Maybe I took that a little too far, but this is why I dislike Killer is Dead. I pre-ordered it, got it on day one and played through it in a full day. And keep in mind I was really excited for Killer is Dead, like pumped.

I'm not nonsensically hating on the game or anything like that, but it isn't a good game in my opinion.

The game looked beautiful, I will admit that It was a stunning looking title. In fact I think that it should actually win something for that. But the story was nonsensical, the mini-games were just flat-out creepy, and the combat was well...enjoyable.It wasn't as satisfying as I was hoping it to be. It feels shallow when compared to other hack-n-slashers, but it does look pretty. The game suffers from horrible screen tearing, an awful amount of load-screens, terrible collision detecting, an awful camera, and the ****ing mini-games. I don't care, I didn't like them and they left an awful taste in my mouth. I get that they were trying to go for the 'slick and smooth like Bond' feel, but it felt horribly creepy and it was totally uncomfortable when I unknowingly got into one of these minigames with some of my family around. And no, I'm not a raging feminist or anything along the lines of that.

But on the positive, the game is gorgeous and the animations and fight sequences look absolutely stunning and just awesome.

This is my opinion. I'm not going to hate on the game or anything like that, but this was my opinion. You don't have to take it to heart or get made either. If you wish to have a proper discussion about it, simply inbox me.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Except this time around, the combat is actually better than the usual Suda51 game.

Actually it is. No More heroes was a good game and considered Suda's best. Shadow of the Damned was just a shooter and a flawed one at that. Lollipop Chainsaw seemed to follow the same fashion as Ninja Theory's Heavenly sword and DmC; Fast light attacks and slow heavy attacks, ala pom poms for light and chainsaw for heavy.

KiD actually has a good combat system that's got a lot going for it. The attacks, the combo mixing and switching from enemy to enemy, and once the upgrades are gotten, its pretty damn fun. I always get a DMC1 vibe from this game with its juggling bits.

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
KiD actually has a good combat system that's got a lot going for it. The attacks, the combo mixing and switching from enemy to enemy, and once the upgrades are gotten, its pretty damn fun. I always get a DMC1 vibe from this game with its juggling bits.
And that dash ability, dear lord I love zipping around the enemies.

EllDawn

I thought his son Trunks was the better character actually.

O_O A p-pm? This doesn't involve shooting my ovaries with a sniper rifle and feeding my booty to the sharks does it?
The part about the sharks...maybe. The rest...why would anyone want to do that?

Top Bottom