• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Gungrave: G.O.R.E

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Because I can't hold it in any longer... :blush:

A thread to discuss the upcoming PS4 game "Gungrave: G.O.R.E" after it's long hiatus. (we do not talk about VR) :bored:

So what are your thoughts after watching the trailer? I'm excited to see Brandon back again, the new chick looks interesting and I have mixed feelings concerning Bunji coming back from the dead for the millionth time. But I'm willing to give the writers the benefit of the doubt since I love Bunji so much.

What do y'all think?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
I love Gungrave and happy to see him proper. Note, the VR game is canon, but luckily you don't have to play that one to understand what's going on in GORE. Why the VR game was released first, and not this is beyond me. Bunji is only brought back, because is such an iconic rival. Though I feel, they should have kept him dead after Overdose. The blonde looks like a DOA knockoff of Marie Rose. Some people thinks it's Mika, but I highly doubt that. For one, Mika's in her early 20s by this point, the blonde is in her mid teens, and the character looks radically different. Mika ain't no martial arts master, but she is fine with guns. I am looking forward to more gameplay, and will pick this up in December.

EDIT: Her name is Quartz Angel. That is twin-tail's name.

Gungrave-GORE_Quartz_06-17-19-600x400.jpg

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I too am ready to pre-order it as soon as possible. <3

Speaking of Overdose, I wonder if GORE will follow in its footsteps and reference the anime like how Sherry Walken was an anime original character that was imported into Overdose as a boss.

I understand why from a story perspective they might want to keep Bunji around as he's the last remaining link Brandon has to Millennion (outside of Mika) and thus to his backstory. And so provided they actually do something interesting with his character, I'll overlook them bringing him back.

I was gonna say that "Quartz Angel" is an odd name but then I forgot that we've had characters like Bob Poundmax, Ballardbird Lee and Blood War. :wink:

Top Bottom