• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

HELP!!!

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
this place has changed alot since i was here a year ago exactly what has changed it's harder for me to get around

Dark Drakan

Admin
Any questions the staff are here to point you in the right direction, navigation is fairly straight forward.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I think the admins changed the forum because there were alot of hackings and viruses going around the old version, and it was more efficient to change.

Instead of friending, you now follow people and like posts (if you want to). And the visitor messages have a facebook style to them.
The only downside to this version is you can't ignore posts.

Dark Drakan

Admin
I think the admins changed the forum because there were alot of hackings and viruses going around the old version, and it was more efficient to change.

Kind of, vBulletin had gone in a direction we werent happy with after they were taken over by another company. The support had gone downhill and many of the plugins we had and skins were no longer compatible with the newer versions of the forum software. The main developers of vBulletin decided to create a new company and forum software and so Xenforo was born, it was sleeker and less of a resource hog than vBulletin and seemed to have a good future so we took the gamble and went for it. Its progress has been slowed down by lawsuits from the company that had taken over at vBulletin and since then we have been awaiting some updates and for the modders to start creating some good plugins and 'hacks' for it as well as some better skins and templates.

We appreciate that not everyone welcomes change and not everyone takes to it as quickly as others. All the staff had to learn all the new features and tools too and we also had teething problems with that which were eventually sorted after much work and patience so we know where people are coming from. Xenforo has some good features that are aimed at making things easier and faster for its users though, just have to get used to them first. Any questions about the changes or anything your unsure of just message us.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Good news - there is currently a beta version of the latest XenForo update floating about and as soon as it's declared stable, we'll be upgrading to it. Obviously I can't give any set dates for this but as soon as I know then I'll let you guys know.

We don't use betas, on the whole, because they are not fully supported (it's a sort of "at your own risk" kind of thing) and if something goes horribly wrong, as they can do with beta versions of anything, we're screwed. Might take a while but as soon as the stable version is released expect further changes for the good. I know for a fact there is an ignore function and also a warning system for staff to use instead of having to do temp bans which just seems overly extreme in some cases. I can't remember the other bits right now but most of them you won't even notice so don't worry that you'll have to start all over again trying to familiarize yourself with everything.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Good news - there is currently a beta version of the latest XenForo update floating about and as soon as it's declared stable, we'll be upgrading to it. Obviously I can't give any set dates for this but as soon as I know then I'll let you guys know.

We don't use betas, on the whole, because they are not fully supported (it's a sort of "at your own risk" kind of thing) and if something goes horribly wrong, as they can do with beta versions of anything, we're screwed. Might take a while but as soon as the stable version is released expect further changes for the good. I know for a fact there is an ignore function and also a warning system for staff to use instead of having to do temp bans which just seems overly extreme in some cases. I can't remember the other bits right now but most of them you won't even notice so don't worry that you'll have to start all over again trying to familiarize yourself with everything.

Im happy about the warning system.

Top Bottom