• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How Much Did You Spoil For Yourself?

How much did you spoil for yourself?

• EVERYTHING!!! So play nice! (Toy Story Reference)

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • I only watched the cutscenes I swear!!!

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • I only watched the gameplay I promise!!!

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I watched ALL of the trailers . . . repeatedly!

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • I watched absolutely nothing

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • What's DmC?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MegaMad9

The Mad Man
Okay, my cousin and I tried our best to not spoil anything about this game until we played it, but almost three days before the game came out, I ended up watching all of the cutscenes of a Human difficulty walkthrough on Youtube. My cousin, as I discovered when looking through his youtube search history while looking for the ScrewAttack Deathbattle between Goku and Superman, did the same. However, before this, neither of us actually watched the leaked ending to the game (the thread labelled "Ending").
So my question is, how much did you spoil for yourself? The whole game, absolutely nothing, did you refuse to even watch trailers?

Chimera Khaos

Hades Leading General Commander
Well, I watched all the cutscenes and some of the missions...
Why you may ask?....
Because A: I haven't got the game yet...
B: I'm probably not likely to either...
And C: so I know what the Hell everyone is talking about! XD...

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
I watched the ending, saw a couple of cutscenes (mostly the beginning and the ending), watched a ton of gameplay, know pretty much everything that can be unlocked, the movelist, and I think I have seen all the trailers and watched the TGS 2010 a lot. Looking back a lot of what's in the game now was in the TGS 2010, except for Dante directly using the environment and not just indirectly (kicking into pits o' doom).

I do this for a lot of games. In many cases it's the gameplay since I want to know how the game will play. If it sucks that bad, like Nier. I won't buy it, no matter how good the story, graphics, etc. are. I watch endings a lot for no particular reason. I guess it makes me more aware of what's going on during the game because I want to know how that happened. For longer games, such as RPGs, I'll watch snippets of it, I don't spoil the whole game. Shorter games I do end up spoiling the whole game.

EllDawn

I watched trailers, some of the scenes when put into video reviews and a little of the ending before playing the game. It didn't exactly detract from my experience of playing the game since I still didn't know the whole story.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I could resist when someone posted a livestream link a few days before my copy arrived, so I saw mission 12 to the end. Bad me>_<

LeoXCV

Single life for life
I watched the livestream of DMD with Aquilas but that was the most spoiler I went through. I had next to no idea of how the story/missions would play out.

ZeroLove

The only two things I spoiled, besides some reviews and such, were the intro and the ending. Didn't ruin anything for me. ^^

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
I watched all DmC related media stuff from trailers to consoles version walktroughs just for acknowlegde what to do with bosses and enemies before I get full PC version. It is just for preparing best strategies for challenges ingame:)

Roxas

The first two missions, some missions preview from Eurogamer, that Furnace mission because I wanted to see the Classic Dante costume and the ending. Waiting for the PC release so I can either play all of it or it won't run and I will have to watch it on youtube. D:

Top Bottom