• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ideas for a live action DMC movie?

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
Can't see how a live action movie would work without heavily being edited with CGI

Human beings can't move at the speeds of the sons of sparda

That's why an animated movie would work better
It would just need a little cgi... Normale people can't move like Jedi or use the force but they can do that in the star wars movies thank to the actor training and cgi, all the fast lightsaber combat are Infact real in term of movement and choreography, there is no cgi in that case, like the battle between anakin and obi wan, the actor are moving like that thank to an extensive training... Also this is the case for the matrix movie, the first one especially, all the fight are made with training by the actor and choreography, the cgi is there but is not that much... So I think they can make a good movie with sword fight and use cgi when needed...

The fact is that it's always been hard to make a good movie out of a Japanese videogame since you can't take the same aesthetic and atmosphere the game has, since dmc it's more like a manga or anime, it would be pretty difficult to port into a film but a right director whit the right inventive can do that...

Especially now that dmc 5 has a more realistic aestetich regarding character, I realize this by just looking at the character clothes, dmc 5 had realistic clothes, even dante himself use a realistic leather jacket while in the other was more manga like, the red color on his jacket was exageretted in the previous installment while now is more dark in color more realistic, same for vergil clothes, and Nero clothes who are now realistic

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'm really curious about vergil...
Vergil is a pretty popular character so you could pitch him a spinoff. You could do a "journey to being a villian" story of why Vergil went bad or a redemption tale post 5.

There is even an alternate universe in one of the light novels were Vergil was good that could also be explored.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@Ash
Evil Dante would be somewhere between Mercury Black (RWBY) and Baldur (God of War ps4).

I'm probably misremembering the novel but I assume details will get changed/altered down the road.

Goldsickle

You know how one of the live-action Resident Evil movie borrowed some choreography from the games?
For example, the RE5 scene where Chris & Sheva VS Wesker was reused a little for Chris & Claire VS Wesker in Resident Evil: Afterlife.
I think that might be the only scene they borrowed, though.

I wouldn't mind seeing some choreography from DMC3 or DMC4 used, like Lady taking on a bunch of Hells or Dante running down the Temen Ni Gru.

But at the same time, there might be movie scenes finding its way into the games.
Like how Capcom loved the laser hallway scene so much in the first RE live action movie that some incarnation of the laser hallways are in the games.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
3 names, del toro, guy ritchie, luc besson

their movies in refference : hellboy2, arthur legend of the sword, lockout (2012), fifth element

common theme of all mentioned above is a light-hearted easy going douchey likeable lead. Yet still cool and actiony. Those directors could pull dante's attitude.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Anyone besides me think Keanu Reeves would be a good choice to play Dante if the live action version was based around DMC4 or DMC5?

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
For Young Dante & Vergil

Charlie Heaton - Dante
Harry Styles - Vergil

harry-lede.jpg

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
actors are really hard when you think about it, the younger ones we want are getting older, the older ones we want are getting much older.

and the movie remains fan talk.

on the good side, this will always be an interesting topic.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Make it a CG film. That's my idea.

Oh my god, I can't unsee it. lol, okay I only really know him as young Hank McCoy/Beast from X-Men, so hard to picture him with Dante's cocky sense of humor. But hey, who knows? That's why it's called acting.
Actually he's also known for delivering the ultimate line for a trailer:

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
Make it a CG film. That's my idea.

Actually he's also known for delivering the ultimate line for a trailer:
That s not a simple trailer that's mad max fury road actually, and that's not a simple actor that's Nicholas hoult, maybe one of the best young actor we have now...
It would be cool to have him play a young dante

Also a cgi movie would be the best choice since Capcom already did 3 cgi movie for the resident evil series, degeneration, damnation and vendetta... They can make Canon cgi movie

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Anyone besides me think Keanu Reeves would be a good choice to play Dante if the live action version was based around DMC4 or DMC5?
Idk as I always saw Mr. Reeves as a stoic dude in the films I saw him. Maybe DMC2 Dante

@absolitude
Funny thing is DMC has been optioned for a movie adaptation since the early 2000s. We can only hope this thing gets made in our lifetimes.

The closest we have right now is the Adi Shankar produced animated series which i'm excited for.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/ollieb...imated-series-for-devil-may-cry/#6121b3fe3f09

In 2011 they did announce a screenwriter for a DmC adaptation so there is a script on a shelf sitting on a shelf somewhere, gathering dust.

Last edited:

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Idk as I always saw Mr. Reeves as a stoic dude in the films I saw him. Maybe DMC2 Dante

In 2011 they did announce a screenwriter for a DmC adaptation so there is a script on a shelf sitting on a shelf somewhere, gathering dust.
He's actually funny and charismatic in real life, I think it could work.

Top Bottom