• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ideas for DmC Nero

If Nero was to come back.....

• Cambion

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • Devil Hunter

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Your other ideas

Votes: 9 40.9%

• Total voters

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Okay...?

Dante and Nero will have their separate quests but will fight each other first then work together against Sanctus.

If Dante gets involved in helping with the Order of the Sword's "false" problems, where does that lead Nero? Does Nero know something is rotten and Dante doesn't even know it? Dante will be deceived into thinking Nero is their enemy.

Oh! And Nero knows Kyrie is in danger.
What i meant is that we are trying to make his own man so putting him through the same experience ie just making him an experiment of the order doesnt do that because thats something Dante went through .

Fran0823

DmC and DMC why can't we have both?
I think a kid and his redhead girlfriend both FORCED into the world of demon slaying by Dante/Vergil sounds promising

As long as it doesn't become a whine fest

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
i mentioned a few ideas in another thread. i think it would be interesting to reverse the situation from DMC4 (make Nero the more mature character that seems to know what is going on and Dante the relatively immature character that has no clue what is going on) while still keeping most of Nero's personality traits the same as Dante.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
i mentioned a few ideas in another thread. i think it would be interesting to reverse the situation from DMC4 (make Nero the more mature character that seems to know what is going on and Dante the relatively immature character that has no clue what is going on) while still keeping most of Nero's personality traits the same as Dante.

I was thinking of making Nero a japanese style demon like a kitsune so I guess that might serve your idea as we could have Nero be older than Dante (like say a few hundred years) but that doesn't mean the characters is mature as often immortals in fictions tend to be capricious.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
I was thinking of making Nero a japanese style demon like a kitsune so I guess that might serve your idea as we could have Nero be older than Dante (like say a few hundred years) but that doesn't mean the characters is mature as often immortals in fictions tend to be capricious.

that would not fit my idea, my idea is specifically DmC Nero being more mature than DmC Dante. older but less mature is a different concept, it's not necessarily a bad concept but it's not the one i suggested.

adding a Japanese demon (not a concept present in DMC) to DmC (DMC minus Japanese influences) would be a very odd choice. DMC and DmC have not connection to Japanese mythology or the mythology of any other Asian culture. the focus is on things loosely inspired by various western myths. with DmC having the additional focus of giving things a dark, modern look. dark, modern and western are not themes that a kitsune fits.

The order of the swords shouldn't be a catholic parody.

It should parody Scientology

that... actually might work.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I'd stick to Nero as a cambion. Since his grim grip has been given to Dante's rebellion in demon pulling and angel lifting.

Give the devil bringer new abilities. I like the element controlling and shapeshifting. But what about the buster?

For his sword, I like the rev-up technique.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
that would not fit my idea, my idea is specifically DmC Nero being more mature than DmC Dante. older but less mature is a different concept, it's not necessarily a bad concept but it's not the one i suggested.

adding a Japanese demon (not a concept present in DMC) to DmC (DMC minus Japanese influences) would be a very odd choice. DMC and DmC have not connection to Japanese mythology or the mythology of any other Asian culture. the focus is on things loosely inspired by various western myths. with DmC having the additional focus of giving things a dark, modern look. dark, modern and western are not themes that a kitsune fits.

fair enough. I think Kyohei Kodota from DRRR!!! might be what your talking about because even if he is the same age as the protagonist (or close enough) he gives off a vibe of being wise beyond his years and more likely to look before he leaps.

He tends to be a quiet dude but tends to be the leader/big brother-esque figure off his group of friends so that niche might fit what your talking about.

Well variety is the spice of life and all that. I was looking at the DMC wiki entry for the Hunter and people pointed out his similarities to a NUE (a japanese chimera) so I thought of making Nero a kitsune as a shoutout to his japanese roots. Plus you dont have to refer to him as one in game for people to get the reference.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I want Nero to be a poser who impersonates Dante and exploits his image for lulz and i want his personality to be more than this >

Oh and when we're at it why not make kyrie killed by vergil with his awesome baby killing sniper ?
vergil_sniper_by_hatredboy-d5tab1v.png

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
I want him to be a sardonic devil hunter. More sardonic and rude than Dante, that way they can work together. And please no "KYRIEEE!". Either make her in the game and then kill her later in the story or no Kyrie at all.

better suggestion: Kyrie shows up and is not kidnapped, killed or put in significant danger at all so Nero and Kyrie have chances for character development instead of Kyrie spending 80% of a game unconscious while Nero screams her name. Kyrie had the potential to be a better character then she ended up being and NT has already shown the ability to make strong non-combatant characters before (Kat being the best example).

>>Yamato<<

Vergil's sword and #1 fan!
So will Nero be the main character like in Devil May Cry 4? Or will he be there as an ally earned later in the story along with Kyrie? And if so how will they tie into the story that Dante and Kat (if she womans up and picks up a weapon) fight the demons now lead by their new leader, Vergil? Will Nero do the same thing where he thought Dante was a demon and tried to kill him but then saw he was a good guy? I don't know I think it's a bit strange.

They shouldn't add Nero because even if they do they're going to have to change him magorly so he fits the atmosphere of the new game. If they said his name was Nero for a set of people then told others his name is Emo, the ones who don't know his name is Nero will think he's just another... weirdo. It even rhymes. I don't agree Nero should be in the story. I don't want to see another character be changed and altered to the point that "They don't know who they are anymore" :(

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Funny thing is Nero is probably the hardest character to reboot because since people hate him or just think he's too derivative of Dante you could get away with changing him :devil:.

On one hand, I agree with >>Yamato<< as most of our ideas feel like they would fit a new character better rather than just use Nero. On the other hand, Devil may cry characters aren't that fleshed out so they can be easy to revamp (and run away with).

Well Dante and Kat could look to expand their operations because having more hands on deck could make it easy to do certain things like evacuations and Dante could focus more on hunting demons as he knows he has someone making sure the people he saves will get away safely.

Plus Kat would want Dante to have other friends besides her.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Make him nothing like original nero dnt involve kyrie either, instead have him as a 15 or 16 year old teen dante comes accross fighting demons in an alleyway and helps him. Afterward nero tags along with dante and dante takes him in as an apprentice and discovers he is a cambion. I wouldnt bring back the order either so instead dante can give nero a devil arm he requires from a demon a broadsword or whatever you like and traind him with it and a gunsmith makes nero a firearm. For his appearance id go black jeans and black boots a black zip up top with a collar standing up nd silver zip a purple trenchcoat like vergils from dmc3 but with short sleeves to the elbow with gun holsters sewn into the inside of the coat and id make him about 2/3 inches shorter than dante with pale skin blue eyes and short dark brown hair messy and some stubble around his chin. and some black gloves

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
For the devil arm id like a sword a cross between cluds sword from ff7 and rebellion and id have the blade black , and a pair of long barrell revolvers with different ammunition as his guns

REAPER 3142

Revenge Solves Everything..............
1 year after the collapse of limbo into our world, a group of soldiers bands together and starts a new society.......The Order of the Sword. They are a group that is fiercely loyal to Angels, fighting along side them against demons to ensure a spot in Heaven. They see both Dante and Vergil as abominations and hunt them continuously. A scientist that joined the group at its creation ( Arius.) has been secretly running on experiments on demons, angels, and humans alike. During these experiments, two children are born. A brother and a sister.
Nero: a half demon/human (Hellion)
&
Lucia: a half angel/human (Half Wing)

Arius is the father of both, using his own DNA to impregnate a female Angel and female Demon. They are both presented to the leaders of the order and are immediately entered into the Orders military program. Lucia is highly looked up to and respected being part Angel. Nero is feared and hated for his demon heritage. But they are extraordinarily loyal to one another.

Nero's weapons of choice are a giant double-barreled revolver (The Red Queen) for range, and a demon gauntlet (Devil Bringer) for close combat. He uses a mixed martial arts style fighting technique. Nero is a power house and uses brute force and grapples/finishers to bring down his opponents.

Lucia uses silver throwing daggers infused with ice (Frost Bite) for long range, and a long curved katana (The Blue Rose) for close range. Her fighting style is similar to Vergil's. Slashing and teleporting around the battlefield to keep enemies on their toes.

20 years later, The siblings are tasked with eliminating both Dante and Vergil, and fight the brothers several times throughout DmC 2. After many confrontations, the pair join Dante and Kat, and are later hunted by the Order.

Sorry.......................couldn't leave out Lucia.

Caiden

I hate when people suggest character death as a fix for a bad character. It's an awful idea, so don't kill Kyrie. Develop her. Make her more of a character and less of a plot device. As was suggested maybe put her in danger at one point to maybe bring out Nero's DT or something but no kidnapping or character death. It would be a really lame way to avoid her character. Next introduce Nero in a way that is completely opposite to how we were introduced to Dante. Dante is introduced as not really caring about anything, he drinks, has sex, and doesn't look like he showers. Introduce Nero as a half human-half devil demon hunter with a cause. Maybe Credo is already dead which inspired Nero to fight demons and look after Kyrie.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Well romances work better if you see it develop over time and Kyrie is just seen as the wooden love interest so developing outside of her relationship with Nero, so giving her goals outside of being Nero's wife would help.

How about introducing them in separate game/adventures and build them up first before doing the romance?

Top Bottom