• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

If Devil May Cry 2 was remade, will you play it?

If Devil May Cry 2 was remade, will you play it?

• Yes

Votes: 46 93.9%
  • No

Votes: 3 6.1%

• Total voters

Eien

Shotgun
I'd play it.
I didn't hate DMC2. It looked bleh in comparison to its brother games but it was still fun.

Clean up those graphics, replace the VAs, and add voice overs for explanation and you can have my $30-50.
Oh and make it harder and add in a couple devil arms.

Zany Blac

Hell yeah i would play it but there have to be a number of changes to the games core to make it a success.

1. Dantes personality: I think this was more a technical error than a story decision because if you hear some of the lines in the game they are truly Dante-ish its just somewhere between the transition of the voice acting to the motion capture that the problem lies... Tho this is just my opinion.

2.Devil Arms: The weapons in DMC 2 were epic in thier failing, because basically they just gave us faster but less poweful/slower but more powerful copies of rebellion since the moves remained the same. New and innovative devil arms in the same boat as Pandora would greatly increase the games appeal.

3.The Style System: The style system should be revamped but remain exclusive to that game unless the fans want it to continue on to other games. Maybe a Mass Effect Esque class system where you took one class and it determines and suits the way you play would not only maximise the experience but also increase replay value.

4.Story: well the story has to be fleshed out but it does not neccesarily have to be discarded completely. there are various ways to make the story fit with the mythology, It could have happened in a different dimension like the novel that accompanied the game.

5.Demons: though dmc 2 by far had the best character designs when it came to dante and lucia and the devil trigger depiction has yet to be surpassed it was found clearly lacking in the creativity department when it came to demons, a fresh wave of imagination when it comes to the hackables and slashables would improve gameplay immensely.

Thats all i can think of for now, but heck i wud play anything dmc even if it looks like super mario world 2(which happens to be an awesome game)

King of Hell

Must Die
moseslmpg;266818 said:
The explosion at the end of the last fight did dissipate rather than fly away, so the implication was what Vergil was "dead." But yeah, it is definitely ambiguous enough for him to come back.

But back on topic. No, I would not play a remake. If anything, they should remake DMC1 on PS4 or something. I would play that.

if you watch the cutscene after the second battle, Nelo explodes too.

CoryBelmont

Loveless Hero
I would, and really i dont see why people hate dmc 2 so much.
I had fun playing it. wasnt the hardest game but still fun.

Of course :).
If they change Dante´s personality(not to be that quiet), make combat faster and add more cutscenes DMC2 could easily turn into one of the best.

Acedia

Dante Never Dies
Remake it, keep everything the same.
Even Dante's pure-maturity throughout.
Just make the plot align with the story a lot better.
Make it over all more serious.
Difficulty increase, reoccurring characters.

I think that's all it really needs...
Feel free to throw in a few more "needed changes". :)

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Acedia;277434 said:
Remake it, keep everything the same.
Even Dante's pure-maturity throughout.
Just make the plot align with the story a lot better.
Make it over all more serious.
Difficulty increase, reoccurring characters.

I think that's all it really needs...
Feel free to throw in a few more "needed changes". :)

The bosses could talk a bit more, too. Like Bolverk, for one.

Acedia

Dante Never Dies
Storm Silves;277565 said:
The bosses could talk a bit more, too. Like Bolverk, for one.

He was one of the "cooler" demon designs if I'm not mistaken.
Dialogue is perfect, considering the lacking of "point" to DMC2.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Acedia;277790 said:
He was one of the "cooler" demon designs if I'm not mistaken.
Dialogue is perfect, considering the lacking of "point" to DMC2.

Bolverk was really cool. His spear and the whole skeleton vibe made him seem very old, giving him a wise feeling to him. He was the closest thing to a duel that DMC2 had, besides the Despair Embodied.

Speaking of which, Argosax should get some lines too. He's the only final boss in the series which doesn't speak.

Acedia

Dante Never Dies
Storm Silves;277859 said:
Bolverk was really cool. His spear and the whole skeleton vibe made him seem very old, giving him a wise feeling to him. He was the closest thing to a duel that DMC2 had, besides the Despair Embodied.

Speaking of which, Argosax should get some lines too. He's the only final boss in the series which doesn't speak.

It's probably why DMC2 lacked a driven story, the enemies weren't very interactive. Just standard demon slaying.

Lili Rochefort

we live to make impossible, possible!
Absolutly YEEES! I LOVE NERO!! And I've been waiting for a new Devil may cry... it would be surely better than DmC .... and also the story ends right in Devil may cry 2! soo... YES! :D

ARandomGuy

Yes, I'd definitely play the remake. Sure it may have been the worst of the series, but it was still better than most games. And besides "Jackpot!", in the entire DMC series, I have yet to hear a line more cooler than "Here's your crown!" That was pure badass! Also his DT was the best in the entire series.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
I like all I've played of DMC2, so yep, I'd play it. Seems to be a consensus here....

Emerald

has the manliest avatar on the site
Oh hell yes

Basically get good VAs, revamp the Style system, give Dante more lines, Devil Arms, and Capcom can have all of my money. All of it

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
i'd buy it and i have gamefly, dmc2 was bad, but it wasnt the worst game ever made, it was just the weakest game in the series..
and i pray it stays that way

Top Bottom