• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

In the interests of politics...

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
At first, sure.

But more and more people are leaving the states every day. And even if they are in the states, some of them will find a way to survive. That's what those "Paranoid Preppers" you see on TV have been getting ready for.
I thought those prepper people were doing it because people were saying the world was going to end in 2012?:/ I guess now they might be preparing for the possible collapse of America.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
:/ I guess now they might be preparing for the possible collapse of America.
It's... always been about the collapse of America (for most of them). The mainstream media likes to point out the "religious" ones (nutcases) to make them all look bad.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I read something yesterday about China's links with the US and how if payments default, it can cause problems? Can anyone explain it to me?

V

Oldschool DMC fan
The US needs to raise the borrowing limit to be able to pay China by the 17/10/13 or it'll default just like anyone with a debt. (And you don't even wanna know how much they owe them). This shutdown delayed an agreement on it, so, China is all like, poke, poke, we hope you understand your obligations here, pal. It's very important for the global economydon't make us uncomfortable, now, in having to write you a nasty letter.

Not being able to pay the minimum payment on this is way more serious than this impasse in government, at least from the POV of investors and keeping the status quo. Sooner or later it's gonna happen though. The answer to debt ain't more debt.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
The US needs to raise the borrowing limit to be able to pay China by the 17/10/13 or it'll default just like anyone with a debt. (And you don't even wanna know how much they owe them). This shutdown delayed an agreement on it, so, China is all like, poke, poke, we hope you understand your obligations here, pal. It's very important for the global economydon't make us uncomfortable, now, in having to write you a nasty letter.

Not being able to pay the minimum payment on this is way more serious than this impasse in government, at least from the POV of investors and keeping the status quo. Sooner or later it's gonna happen though. The answer to debt ain't more debt.
Pretty much this. It is worrying that a country that is supposed to be a world superpower is borrowing huge sums of money from China. Just how did America get in such a position that they needed to borrow so much money from China of all places? What are they spending the money on anyway?:/
If countries are borrowing money from other countries, then how are they going to pay it back, and which country is lending the most money to others?

http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/moneymatters/ss/How-Much-US-Debt-Does-China-Own.htm
According to this Japan, Brazil and UK also own some of the debt America has. That explains why Japan is also getting annoyed at America right now. I didn't know they were in debt to so many....but the UK is also in debt.:/ It seems like each country in the world is in debt to another in some way or form. It's becoming ridiculous.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Realistically, is there any chance of China being capable of vying for "global super power of the year"? Because then it becomes a planet I don't want to live on any more...

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
To continue this weird tangent for a moment: I was under the impression that pharmaceutical companies make a shed load of money. Drugs are expensive to purchase which is why the first drug offered to people seeing their GP tends to be the cheapest.

drugs cost a lot because they cost a lot to develop.
You're joking right ?
You don't get it do you.
It's just like becoming a lawyer.
There's going to be people that gets sick & people that's going to break the law. Both highly profitable because there's always clients.

It is no conspiracy, no greed, it is a business.

you definitely don't get it. it's nothing like being a lawyer

to be a lawyer you need one law degree.

to run a pharmaceutical company you need a team of researchers who each have an equally time consuming and expensive degree who are all going to want enough pay to make up for that time and money. then you need to spend massive amounts of money making those researchers test drugs that may or may not work and probably have side effects that are to dangerous for you to sell it. then eventually once you finally develop a drug you can sell you have a time limit. once the patents run out anyone can sell your drug and their is nothing you can do about it. if you haven't made a profit by then you don't make a profit. and if you run out of money before you make a working drug then you are bankrupt. oh and if you try to charge to much in order to make sure you make a profit then health insurance companies will make up as as many excuses as they can to not pay for your drug (which they would probably do anyway because that is the only way for them to make a profit) and then you make no money and your potential customers just die.

did you think this kind of thing was something you could do with $5 in your basement?

at what point is this process does it look like it's safe to be picky about what you sell?

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
The space program.
The u.s. just has to see if pluto is still not a planet.
Farming crops
research for this, that, & everything else.
satellites
fuel for everyone including the space program.
manufacturing whatever.
construction
security
defense
military
the billions of people living in the u.s
food
shelter
communication
transportation
utilities
services
hospitals
law enforcement.
And more........
If that's the case then they should cut the space program and worry about what is going on in their own planet.:/ I hope America isn't going to end up like India with so many poor and starving, but somehow they can afford a space porgram.

As for hospitals, fuel, housing, food,construction and such, there's an easy way to lessen expenditure on that. Just have fewer children. That would lessen the amout of consumption and money spent, but the way this economy is set up, people need to have more children so that there will be a future generation of tax payers. It's like a ponzi scheme.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Realistically, is there any chance of China being capable of vying for "global super power of the year"? Because then it becomes a planet I don't want to live on any more...

Put it this way, I hear a lot of people saying "If you're going to learn a language these days, learn Chinese. We'll all be speaking it soon"

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
I have a question for all of you. Why does everyone always say "the U.S. needs to do...whatever"? Because it's not the U.S. It's the U.S. government. Regular people like me get no say in where finances are distributed, despite what they like us to think with elections and such. And...frankly, it's...kinda starting to tick me off. Especially when the people complaining don't live in the U.S. I mean...I don't go around saying what different countries need to do. :/ It would be rude if I did. Now, I don't agree with everything my government does (I called them fighting children earlier, remember?) but that doesn't mean I think that because I have good ideas I could tell them how to run the country. There's a reason ordinary people are ordinary and politicians are politicians. They were elected for a reason, right? Complaining about it isn't going to solve anything, neither is belittling others because of your own opinions.

Er...sorry if that was offensive, I'm just sick of people making it sound like the entirety of my country is to blame for our government's faults...especially if they're not being affected by my government's decisions. :/

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I have a question for all of you. Why does everyone always say "the U.S. needs to do...whatever"? Because it's not the U.S. It's the U.S. government. Regular people like me get no say in where finances are distributed, despite what they like us to think with elections and such. And...frankly, it's...kinda starting to tick me off. Especially when the people complaining don't live in the U.S. I mean...I don't go around saying what different countries need to do. :/ It would be rude if I did. Now, I don't agree with everything my government does (I called them fighting children earlier, remember?) but that doesn't mean I think that because I have good ideas I could tell them how to run the country. There's a reason ordinary people are ordinary and politicians are politicians. They were elected for a reason, right? Complaining about it isn't going to solve anything, neither is belittling others because of your own opinions.

Er...sorry if that was offensive, I'm just sick of people making it sound like the entirety of my country is to blame for our government's faults...especially if they're not being affected by my government's decisions. :/
Two reasons I can think of.

1) its an easy collective to use which people presume would be taken as "the powers that be" because we all know it isn't Mr. Average's job to make decisions or run a country

Or

2) people may see it as the US is a democracy and the people in power were put there by the voters so therefore there is an element of responsibility on all shoulders. A flawed argument and not one I would use myself, but it is often used when referring to those complaining about our government. Kind of like saying, "you made your bed, now lie in it".

I sincerely doubt that the majority of people here are blaming regular US citizens for the current trouble. Everything I have seen on the news so far has indicated that the people are just as hacked off and dishing out advice as anyone else.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Well the global credit crisis did 'begin' in the US and has had far-reaching effects for everyone. The way the US (government) handles things affects us all.

I noticed one of my oldest friends who is from the US recently got stroppy with me and with other people on a forum because they were debating America. He actually said to me he got annoyed because non-Americans were talking about America. Had to set him straight on that one for the point I made above just now. It's not just America. We're all inter connected. And we in the UK pretty much follow America on (almost) everything. I really do think it's in our interest to pay attention to what your government is doing.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Well... I'm gonna get going now. This thread was... pretty much what I expected. So long, everyone.

Angel, if you have any more questions, feel free to ask me in PM.

Not saying I have all the answers, I'm just saying that I have my own way of doing things.

Plus, I just now found out that I have an Evil Lair to hide out in when things get bad.

If you guys ever need me, just... let me know. :steve:

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
It's a big mess of tangled christmas lights & there isn't enough people on both sides of the government & u.s citizens that are willing to untangle the mess.
That's right. There's a reason why the Constitution says, "We, the People," you know.

Ok, now I really am leaving. I just wanted to put that in.

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
bebc82f4e753260e8e4fdfba5b05332c.jpg
I just wanted to say how much that picture infuriates me...it haunted me whenever I put up lights...
sidenote: http://jonmcnaughton.com/content/ZoomDetailPages/TheForgottenMan.html
This should tickle someone's fancy

Top Bottom