• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Is anyone else disappointed by Vergil's weapon sound?

heyitschris

Every time he swings or unsheathes it, it doesn't sound quite like a katana. That is probably the only nitpick I have with Vergil's Downfall. Anybody else feel the same, or is it just me?

Romy

I feel your pain. It doesn't have that tingling sound every time he sheathes it. But not to mention that DmC Yamato is generally too short as well. But the thing I like is the new ways he sheathes it, like behind his back. That's badass.

EvilX-81

I don't like the squishing sound yamato makes when he hits the demon minions.

Yea, agree. It sounds... I dunno, nasty. Like a cross between running a blade through a body and someone getting head or chewing a mouthful chicken close to a mic. Dante's slash sound effects sounded good in this regard compared to Vergil's.

scionicspectre

I thought the sound engineering for this game was really exceptional, actually. When it comes to Yamato, I feel the same- it sounds great to me. Yamato isn't just any sword.

heyitschris

I agree to an extent! I just wish it sounded more sharp and brutal. Like Vergil was purely slicing rather than hacking. Again it might just be me though.

Mister Z

Changes avatars like they were t-shirts
Agreed. Yamato would have sounded better with sharper, screechier sounds that made you hear like it was one of those "so sharp you get by looking at it" kind of blades.

Not that I complain about the current songs, but combat would have been, say, 1% more enjoyable just by hearing Yamato in action.

Top Bottom