• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Is this a death threat?

Is the song you viewed a death threat to Ninja theory?

• Yes

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • No

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Undecided

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • I think it's a death threat to DmC not Ninja theory

Votes: 6 26.1%

• Total voters

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
I thought this deserved a new thread. I hope that's ok.

Old thread for death threat discussiong - "Ninja Theory has received death threats over Devil May Cry reboot": http://devilmaycry.org/community/th...eath-threats-over-devil-may-cry-reboot.10072/

I will use EventStatus (a Youtube show) to speak for what i think is the case with DmC death threats:
30:00 to 33:54

'I have to say that it has been pretty eye opening to see some of the creative ways in which people have chosen to vent their hatred. We didn't expect death threats in comic book form or anti-DmC death metal songs!' said Ninja Theory's Tameem Antoniades to the Official Xbox Magazine:
Lyric is in description of the video.

Excuse me for this (CAPS):
IS THAT REALLY A DEATH THREAT?

Vote in the poll.

D-Sparda

Nothing is true, everything is permitted
It seems to be a death threat to the game not Ninja Theory, judging by the "Metal" song.

It could also be just a guy who is ****ed of by the changes and just want the game to flop and laugh about it.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
It seems to be a death threat to the game not Ninja Theory, judging by the "Metal" song.

It could also be just a guy who is ****ed of by the changes and just want the game to flop and laugh about it.
Just to check that i have understood you correctly:
You think that the metal song COULD BE a death threat to DmC game and not to Ninja theory or that it could just be a guy ranting heavily?

Anyhow after that song if you keep on watching a guy (i think same one as in metal song) comes ranting with loads profanity! And he says this:
4:55-5:06 Watch what he says
That sounds really serious. But he said "destroyed" not "killed".

1:03 - 1:08 "Capcom i am gonna kill you. Yeah my reaction was..."
Here he seems very serious and angry like. But then he calms down, and to me it shows that he's just ****ed and expresses it through the way he does.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
threatening to kill a game?
Who are these idiots?
"Nah, we don't want to kill Ninja Theory, we just want to kill the game... "
DON'T BUY IT! VOTE WITH YOUR MONEY! Simples *squeaks*

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
threatening to kill a game?
Who are these idiots?
"Nah, we don't want to kill Ninja Theory, we just want to kill the game... "
DON'T BUY IT! VOTE WITH YOUR MONEY! Simples *squeaks*
Your post is confusing. Can you express yourself differently please? Trying to understand it throughly but it's hard :p

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Your post is confusing. Can you express yourself differently please? Trying to understand it throughly but it's hard :p

are they suppose to be threatening NT or the game? What are they trying to accomplish by threatening a game?

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
are they suppose to be threatening NT or the game? What are they trying to accomplish by threatening a game?
Ninja theory described a death threat in form of anti DmC metal song. I found the music video "Emo May Cry" by a DMC fan. And i think "Emo May Cry" music video is really what Tameem is thinking of.

^the easiest way to threaten or kill a game is to not buy it.
no real good can come from them threatening NT with death threats as it could result in jail time.
Indeed but is the that metal song death threat to Ninja theory?
Or is it a death threat to the game?

I, however, completely agree just don't buy the game.

But please take note everyone Tameem described one of the death threat in form of "Anti-DmC metal song". Doesn't that fit perfectly with the music video "Emo May Cry" that i shared with you all?

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
see even for gamers....i just think thats sad.....just dont buy it and your life is settled but to be honest thats not a death threat they just want people to think it is

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
see even for gamers....i just think thats sad.....just dont buy it and your life is settled but to be honest thats not a death threat they just want people to think it is
I honestly found the song kinda funny. Freedom of speech.
A metal song about DmC sucking.

I googled Metal songs common trait since i have poor experience of them. And Metal songs are often very loud and high voice with alot "dark" themes to them.

Laurence Barnes

Premium
I honestly found the song kinda funny. Freedom of speech.
A metal song about DmC sucking.

I googled Metal songs common trait since i have poor experience of them. And Metal songs are often very loud and high voice with alot "dark" themes to them.
i didnt want to listen to it it actually bored me the first minute

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
i didnt want to listen to it it actually bored me the first minute
That's cool. I mentioned lyrics being in video description anyway for everyone to judge if it's a death threat or not because i really believe Tameem is speaking of this same music video.

Laurence Barnes

Premium
That's cool. I mentioned lyrics being in video description anyway for everyone to judge if it's a death threat or not because i really believe Tameem is speaking of this same music video.
well people will always speak their mind on youtube i found a video of a poor guy expressing his feelings for people making fun of ginger people

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
8:45 DTOID talk about Ninja theory receiving death threats when they haven't see the threats themself. They have only been told. It's funny how the girl sums up certain fans annoyance over DmC by "white hair". She is such a ignorant person. The point of the video is,however, to show a game show where they talk about "death threats" that they have been told about. They haven't SEEN the threats!

A cool guy talking about DmC death threats.

2:07 - 3:12 Another Game host talking about death threats without actually having seen them.

ImPoSsSibLe to CaTcH

If Ninja Theory or Tameem, if they're referring to this song as a death thread then they should stop smoking, now! It's like they don't even think what they're saying at times.
btw i agree with Event.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Indeed but is the that metal song death threat to Ninja theory?
Or is it a death threat to the game?

I, however, completely agree just don't buy the game.

But please take note everyone Tameem described one of the death threat in form of "Anti-DmC metal song". Doesn't that fit perfectly with the music video "Emo May Cry" that i shared with you all?

Could you make a death threat for a game?
I think its just a fan venting his feelings towards the game in a song.
I wouldn't think its a death threat to NT as it is just a angry fan venting.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Could you make a death threat for a game?
I think its just a fan venting his feelings towards the game in a song.
I wouldn't think its a death threat to NT as it is just a angry fan venting.
You want me to make a death threat just as an example? Sure:

"Tameem if i see you on streets i will seriously beat **** out of you"

That's a death threat. Just writing it makes me feel rotten.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
You want me to make a death threat just as an example? Sure:

"Tameem if i see you on streets i will seriously beat **** out of you"

That's a death threat. Just writing it makes me feel rotten.

I meant for a game, not a person.
sorry about that tho. think of happy things like your favorite cartoon/anime.
Or play the ost of kingdom hearts/any sonic game.

I just dont see the bearded dude's rant as a death threat.
I did like the dude in the DmC death threats- capcomfan2010.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
I meant for a game, not a person.
sorry about that tho. think of happy things like your favorite cartoon/anime.
Or play the ost of kingdom hearts/any sonic game.

I just dont see the bearded dude's rant as a death threat.
I did like the dude in the DmC death threats- capcomfan2010.
Yes, capcomfan2010 seems like a nice guy. I logged into Youtube to comment and liked his video to help him succed.

And it's not the bearded dudes rant but the music video before him that was probably sent to Tameem Antoniades. And he calls that music video a death threat.
I and some others say it's just a way to get attention.
I believe Tameem did say that they might make these death threats part of collector's edition of DmC. That shows you that he's thinking of sales.

But i hope that after DmC release that Ninja theory/Capcom shares with us these death threats and old Dante designs that Leo Tan (pr manager) said Ninja theory made in early stage of character designs. IF they never share with us these death threats, then i can conclude "They did it for money". Because seriously there is many gaming sites and Youtube shows talking about "DmC Death threats".

If i read title of a article "Death threats to X game", i would of course click it. Check out the gameplay of the game. And that makes money for Capcom.

Top Bottom