• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

It looks like DmC and i don't like this.

_Coby_

Hello. I just want to say that there is a few things that leave me with a bit of disappointment.
This game looks very similar to DmC and... WHY NERO WITH SHORT HAI!!?? AND WHY NERO WITH A ROBOT ARM!!?? Where did Kyrie go?! I know this is a amazing event for the funs but this new chapter does not convince me. What do you think about this?

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I made a thread specifically to talk about everyone's reactions to the trailer, you might wanna post your thoughts there, I made it to avoid multiple threads about the same topic, aka thoughts on the trailer.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
The game looking similar to DmC shouldn’t be too much of a problem because at least they’ve kept some of DmC’s vibe which isn’t a bad thing. I mean overall it’s still more DMC than it is DmC, so it shouldn’t really matter too much.

Nero having shorter hair? A style choice. Dante has longer hair now himself. Again, just a style choice.

We know Kyrie will be around because Nero infamously screams her name in the trailer.

I’m liking what I’ve seen so far.

Aisen66

coby no problem is like maybe if i remenber correctly dante had brown eyes in their first trailer on dmc then he had blue eyes in the game father will make you a better game my son

heatlancer

1# Trickster
Nah, gameplay looks great, unlike with DmC which always lacked for me, esspecially in style. And i'm betting on alternative costumes accompanying a hairstyle change for the trio. Not sure Nero with his new face is going to look much better with longer hair but this is a small nitpick that im sure you'll get over once you start playing.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
With NT being bought out by Microsoft and Capcom alright ignoring DmC ever happened the chances of DmC2 is extremely low. Capcom at this point is throwing DmC fans a bit of bone here. They at least deserve this much right.

Besides it has more DMC and its Japanese charm more than DmC and its edgy Western appeal.

-Nero still has the same attitude
-Dante is riding a demon bike going "Yahoo YEAAAHHHH!!!"
-Has all the same cheesy, wacky, over the top charm of DMC of yore
-Nero is riding a freaking missile arm
-The shot with Vergil holding Nero's yanked off arm looked DMC as hell
-The chorus of the song starts with "PULL MY DEVIL TRIGGER"
-Would DmC ever play a song like "Devil Trigger" in it

This feels more RE mixed with DMC1 with sprinkles of DMC3 and DMC2 than DmC to me.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
1st where is everyone getting these DMC5 Nero avatars? I want one. While I admit this latest entry smells a bit like DmC I am okay with that. DmC's combat and "flash" were fun and felt easy and worth wide to pull off.
It gave the player (in my case me) the ability to keep foes at bay without twisting my fingers unnaturally to pull off a cool move. (Looking at you DMC4/DMC4 SE. I still love that game though) Plus its story however crazy or half-assed is the real meat and potataos here.

berto

I Saw the Devil
It’s not as complicated as all that. The reason people are reminded of DmC from this isn’t because it looks like the game, it’s because it looks like the announcement trailer. Specially all the nocturnal shots in that trailer. The look of the city, it’s colors, the lights, and Nero’s new haircut and darker jacket.

If you weren’t a fan of DmC I can certainly understand if the similarities don’t sit well with you, but let’s wait and see what else they got.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
See, that's something that's been irking me--a lot of people going, "ZOMG, they used DmC Dante for Nero!!!111/it looks exactly like DmC!!!". No. Seriously, no, they didn't. Yes, there are similarities between Nero's new look and DmC Dante's, but--and stay with me here--that's because Capcom is using a different engine (previously for DMC4 it was MT Framework, whereas for DmC it was Unreal Engine. Not sure if that's what's being used now, or if they're using one similar to it, but I digress...) The point is, they didn't literally use the DmC model, any more than they made DMC5 into another DmC.

Did they utilize some of its elements? Oh, without a doubt--but it isn't straight up one or the other at this point. The way I choose to see it is this: They took the best of both worlds, and made a bitchin' hybrid. I may not have cared for DmC, but even I can admit it had some pretty sick environmental designs. I also feel like they added a fresh new twist, while still keeping the heart and soul of the franchise.

Others may disagree, and that's fine. I'm just saying--I'm seein' a bit of deja vu in the negative, knee-jerk reactions. People need to chill.

Last edited:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
A different engine does not justify a design similar to that of Dante di DmC

No, but it might explain why the graphics regarding the characters is so different from DMC4. Oh, and of course there's the fact that DMC4 was 10 years ago, and game graphics have come a long way since then. Moreover, even if it does have a fair bit of DmC in it--really, where's the harm in that? I've made no secret of my dislike of DmC in the past (not the way the angriest of fanboys did--I wasn't an a-hole about it), but considering there's little (to no) chance of a DmC2 happening, is it not fair that fans of the reboot series likewise get what they want out of this, too?

I think people forget game devs can't please everyone. I feel like they really, really tried to meet people in the middle with this, having a game that stands on that line between both worlds. If you don't like it, okay. But I'm just saying: for every fan that doesn't dig it, there's at least ten others who do. In the end, Capcom did the best they could. *shrug*

And I'm going to leave it at that.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
the easiest way to explain this is realism and a more western tone in design, less bishonen (was that the term?) or anime looks.

DmC aimed for that, i'm guessing capcom or whoever is in charge wanted to that even before DmC.. they did DmC, and they thought it could work.

plus, engine had influence here too actually with more visual candies available, the feeling is actually more resident evil since they used the spesific RE7 engine, although re6 being the more suspect for similarity. but then again it wasn't that much objection with RE since RE always have the realism and western feel to it.

other than that, yeah, there are some DmC traces in the game, but that's what itsuno always wanted with DMC to begin with probably.. otherwise he won't have a hand in DmC.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
but that's what itsuno always wanted with DMC to begin with probably.

Nah, or he would have done it 13 years ago.

I think the reasoning is far simpler, he pretty much spelled it out loud when he walked on stage with the translator. He said he was feeling that in order to attract the modern audience the visuals had to be as realistic as possible. Which, on a surface level, of course makes the game resemble DmC more than the older games.

But to be completely honest, while a couple of shots definitely look taken straight out of DmC, upon multiple attentive viewings a lot of others remind me much more of some of the environments from DMC2 and 4. The former especially (I'd elaborate more with comparison screens but I'm on mobile so RIP). Let's not forget that DMC2 also had an urban setting and aside from the levels being way too big and empty for their own good, that didn't represent much of a problem in itself.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
Nah, or he would have done it 13 years ago.

I think the reasoning is far simpler, he pretty much spelled it out loud when he walked on stage with the translator. He said he was feeling that in order to attract the modern audience the visuals had to be as realistic as possible. Which, on a surface level, of course makes the game resemble DmC more than the older games.

But to be completely honest, while a couple of shots definitely look taken straight out of DmC, upon multiple attentive viewings a lot of others remind me much more of some of the environments from DMC2 and 4. The former especially (I'd elaborate more with comparison screens but I'm on mobile so RIP). Let's not forget that DMC2 also had an urban setting and aside from the levels being way too big and empty for their own good, that didn't represent much of a problem in itself.

i personally think DMC3 is the closest in feel with the game, i dunno why, but 3 has always been the more modern one to me compared to the others even if we don't get to see the world in whole..

but don't forget, DmC was made to attract more audience, hence a western dev and a western/realism approach to the game, meaning somebody in capcom wanted that before DmC.

DmC was their training ground, and they thought this was the right time to make it happen with the original.

Top Bottom