• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

It's More Fun In The Philippines? Nope! No!

Do you think the Philippines should invest on faster Internet speed?

• Yes, they should. Its better internet speed for better communications. They need help!

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • No, they shouldn't. Let them suffer with their slow internet speed! Bwahahaha!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't care about the Philippines! So meh!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe... Probably... If they have enough money that is...

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
I do love my home country the Philippines for its rich heritage, its history, the good-hearted people (me included despite my own behavior and badassness) for their hospitality and helpful nature, culture, traditions, food (I love adobo which is its national staple entree), and many other good things..

But something tells me the slogan It's More Fun In The Philippines should be carefully considered.
Why do I say this?
Well does this image answer my question?
internet-infographic.jpg

And I agree with this guy:
Screenshot-2013-12-08-11.56.36.jpg

What the hell?!
ph-internet-state.jpg

Translation:
It's slow, expensive too?!

Are you kidding me?! 3.6 Mbps per month with the cost of exactly PHP1000 which is equivalent to US$22.61 a month? How can this country advance its worldwide communication throughout the world considering there are call centers as one of its many jobs this country has to offer? I am so not getting my family's money's worth!

Because of this, I can't download big update patches for PS3 games (Ex. My PS3 was forced to reformat when I was playing Gran Turismo 6 over at my cousin's place but I wanted to exit from my game as I wanted to quit my Seasonal Event session with a Lamborghini Diablo GT when suddenly it doesn't want to respond and I did a cold reboot on it; when I turned it back on, I saw a message where I have to reformat my HDD for it to start and I could not DL its patch due to errors; it might have something to do with my internet according to the troubleshooting tips over the Sony PS site) and I get them corrupted, I suffer on sudden interruptions (no response, too long to connect to network, no data received), streaming sites always buffers (I always have to rely on 360p, not 480p and beyond), and other Internet issues!

I don't know if I should move from the Philippines to Singapore (I instantly fell in love with the country since my first visit there three years ago! From what a friend of mine told me, Singapore is also the hotbed for cosplay) due to them having the internet speed because of this.

If the Philippine government could even invest on this by even hearing us suffering Filipinos out, then we'd be communicating with each other even better. Right now, they're not hearing us out...

This is how I really feel:
slow-internet-connections_o_639670.jpg

How can the Philippines even improve as a country asides from its people being considered the most emotional? How can the Philippines invest on not just advanced technology but faster internet connection? Anyone living in the Philippines or have been there during their vacation could sure answer this. Those otherwise, you can still answer these. Also, let me know your feedback on this slow internet phenomenon. Don't forget I have a poll too!

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
There are many other factors that should be considered before moving to another country.

For example, living costs. Living costs in a developed country can be truly expensive, and you may need a very stable job with good income to balance these out. High utility bills or expensive rents can be disastrous to you if you do not have good income.

Secondly, cultural issues. You may need to get used to the culture of a foreign country to avoid yourself getting into trouble, such as language, hand signs, etc.

Thirdly, religion. Be mindful that some people can be over-religious, and some of them may be open-minded. For example, Malaysia (my country) is a country with Muslim majority, with other people practicing Christianity, Hinduism, etc. All Malays in the country are Muslims, and some of them can be tolerant to other religious views or atheist view, some may not.

However, I digress.

Internet issues are common in many developing countries, like Malaysia, Philippines and Indonesia. What makes developed countries have super highspeed Internet access is because their Internet technology are simply more advanced than other countries.

There are many other factors that involve a country's Internet connection, which can be read here:

http://journals.uic.edu/ojs/index.php/fm/article/view/1118/1038

For now, I am grateful that my country has at least Internet connection for my fellow countrymen to use. Unlike other Asian countries, North Korea prohibits the use of Internet except for the country's officials.

As for the poll, I chose the first option because every country deserves a great Internet bandwidth for their citizens' usage.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
PLDT is pretty fast though admittedly it's pretty darn expensive. I only have 3mbps internet speed but i'm pretty satisfied with it.

Last edited:

MigsRZXAStylish

PLDT is pretty fast though admittedly it's pretty darn expensive. I only have 3mbps internet speed but i'm pretty satisfied with it.
Fibr, right? P3.5k/month at the minimum? I know, right? But fiver optic cables provide pretty fast and powerful net speed.

Mine is Sky Broadband. 3 mbps for P999/month.

@Chaos Raiden
Those are a lot of things to consider above everything else before moving to another country as an OFW (Overseas Filipino Worker). Another factor is to have good foreign associates. Some of my relatives live in the USA now.

Technology keeps advancing and advancing...

That study showed good points on why. It's just that I'm sad that Sieghart and I have the slowest...

I believe yours is slightly faster than ours.
Yeah, considering North Korea is still under dictatorship. Damn those officials keeping the higher things to themselves. Greedy pigs kissing the Kim dynasty's @$$!

And I'm glad you chose to vote for us investing for one. I do believe the Philippines can be better by a lot than before!

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I'd kill for 3.6MBps... I've got barely 1MBps and that's in the UK! (I've been told it should be 11mbps then, a couple of months ago they said 6mbps).

The meme that shows how you feel tells me you've got hardly any connection and that the 3.6MBps is a load of bull.
I think these days, if a country cannot invest in a decent internet connection, then they're doing damage to their own economy.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
I might add that if you are a huge gamer in the philippines, you are pretty much f*cked. Original game copies are rare(especially for the PC) and sometimes you will be forced to buy pirated copies. Datablitz and Gameline are the equivalent of gamestop(i heard they are focusing now on tablets and stuff tho)here but then they haven't have that many branches. Games and consoles are also much more expensive here and ordering online is a pain in the arse because they sometimes take like forever to get on here.

@MigsRZXAStylish

By the way, are there any gaming expo held here at all? Otakuzine is pretty much only for anime.

MigsRZXAStylish

@Sieghart
Unless you're filthy rich like after winning the Lotto!

Planning an eyeball between us? Can't wait to meet ya! Not sure if the upcoming Toy Con would count. Last year's Toy Con was thrilling, especially after my family trip from Palawan, when I met cosplayer Alodia Gosiengfiao and her sis Ashley up close and personal as I gave them each a souvenir from Palawan. And boy was I burnt from my Palawan trip!

@VampireWicked
I guess. But to be more specific, it would be even more fun here with better governance and better investments on more advanced tech among other greater investment opportunities. I heard the news that they've made a apiritual successor to the Philippine public utility jeepney which is considered one of the many cabs here and a national transport. And I'm glad you chose a better answer in my poll.
I like a balance of both living life while having great tech at the same time. There are other provinces I have yet to go (except the ones where the terrorist group Abu Sayaf are that is).

@Vergil'sBitch
Often, the net suddenly does not want to load whatever sites I want to see all of a sudden then I get errors like (Google Chrome since I use that, but I'm using Safari via iPad) "Server took too long to respond", "DNS error", "No data received", etc. Trust me; I've experienced this for a long time. It happened again recently, just in a lesser extent, except the fact I have to restart modems and routers and wait for like a few minutes, which is really annoying...

Thanks for the feedback guys. Keep going!

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I'd kill for 3.6MBps... I've got barely 1MBps and that's in the UK! (I've been told it should be 11mbps then, a couple of months ago they said 6mbps).

The meme that shows how you feel tells me you've got hardly any connection and that the 3.6MBps is a load of bull.
I think these days, if a country cannot invest in a decent internet connection, then they're doing damage to their own economy.
Yeah there's still places in this country that don't have any connection at all, much less a slow one. My friend in Northumberland has a diesel generator because the electric goes off all the time and we here in Kernow have no gas on pipe whatsoever (not out here anyways, not sure about some of the larger towns). Yay for "first world" countries with all their amenities.

MigsRZXAStylish

You'd be surprised to know that in India you'd only get 1 mbps for 1000PHP so be glad that at least you're getting 3 mbps.
Now why didn't this chart update itself now that you said that? In my standards, about 5 mbps is fast enough; so I'd say that 3+ mbps is medium speed.
Yeah there's still places in this country that don't have any connection at all, much less a slow one. My friend in Northumberland has a diesel generator because the electric goes off all the time and we here in Kernow have no gas on pipe whatsoever (not out here anyways, not sure about some of the larger towns). Yay for "first world" countries with all their amenities.
The more rural provinces here hardly have any internet connections.

To all replyers, the only fastest internet connection here is provided by the Philippines' most subscribed telecommunications and internet service provider PLDT; the drawback of it is its minimum subscription is very expensive. Here is our most powerful connection with their prices, at what speed and other benefits. Oh how I wish I can subscribe to this right now! If only I could win the Lottery here!

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I voted one.
Because all governments are corrupt asshats who put on the farce of 'doing the best they can for the people'. Meanwhile, asshat numero uno is sitting at home playing Battlefield online because he's got the cash to afford a fast internet connection.
Chances are they can afford it but, like many parents often say, we don't have money for that.
Poor choice of expenditure.
Although they have been hard hit with that typhoon not long ago so if they're more focused on rebuilding and rehoming people, I'm all for it. But really. Chances are they can afford it. Build FASTER INTERNET into teh houzes, yes?

Like....I can't even imagine the internet being that slow. I think I'll end up breaking every device in our house in frustration. (which won't be such a bad thing, per say...)

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
Well maybe I live in EU where net connections can be fast, as I have normal cable net with good speed for me to be on forums and MMORPGs games, but I not wish anyone on the world suffer from crappy connections or having an Internet structures that can easilly disappoint with errors or connection timeouts.

Electromagnetic

All hail The King
"3.6 Mbps per month with the cost of exactly PHP1000 which is equivalent to US$22.61 a month?"
Still cheaper than where I come from. A 512Kbps connection costs you the equivalent of something between 30 to 50 Dollars per month here.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I think we just got fiberoptic installed in my area but the speeds are so low in general I'm not paying for it until they upgrade the rest of the region. Internet's been down half of today anyway. All the ISPs kinda suck. It's not like they give you a refund for the lost connection time. I need the internet to work. =/

Top Bottom