• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Kamiya's Poll

Okami 2 or DMC5?

• Total voters

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Kamiya has diverse titles under belt varying between VJ and RE. So his portfolio diverse enough to be trusted.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Well sure, but anything that was expressly his to create has had the lighthearted camp. Sure he worked on Resident Evil, but he had to retain the series' horror-based tone, even when he took the reigns for RE2. DMC isn't even big on the gothic horror of the first anymore.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
DMC1 is only DMC that had gothic horror in it. Rest didn't have anything horror related to begin with. So guess it will only depend in which direction Kamiya would like to take it. Than again poll is most likely means anything so its only hypothesis.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Either way, the guy has a greater track record for lighthearted camp. Makes me wonder if DMC1 wasn't originally a prototype of Resident Evil if it would have had the gothic tone as well...
And this is why I always credit Mikami more than Kamiya when it comes to the ambiance in DMC1.

Reactions: Gel

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
It makes sense, I s'pose - Kamiya's campy hero running about in Mikami's darker atmosphere.

Reactions: Gel

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
After my experience with Onimusha, I'm more intrigued to see what someone like Keiji Inafune would do with the DMC license.

Although admittedly, bringing back Kamiya would resurrect some of the Western action elements that were incorporated in the tone and feel of both Dante and the original game, or maybe incorporate some of the infinitely-better plot elements from the novels.

From DMC3 onward, the series has been so tripe and transparently-Japanese that it hurts.

berto

I Saw the Devil
After my experience with Onimusha, I'm more intrigued to see what someone like Keiji Inafune would do with the DMC license.
DmC, actually. That was the last thing Inafune did before parting from Capcom. He was the one advecating outsourcing to western studios and DmC was his last one. While he didn't have much to do with the actual final product he is the one that made it happen.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
DmC, actually. That was the last thing Inafune did before parting from Capcom. He was the one advecating outsourcing to western studios and DmC was his last one. While he didn't have much to do with the actual final product he is the one that made it happen.

Yeah but maybe if he had something to do with the final product, it could have turned out differently. Not that I support his decision, by any means, I'm just sayin'.

Viper

Premium
Yeah but maybe if he had something to do with the final product, it could have turned out differently. Not that I support his decision, by any means, I'm just sayin'.
If he was advocating outsourcing, then his idea what to do with the product was to dump it into someone else's lap. Doesn't sound like a person that could get inspired to make a great game.

Satsui no Hado

BUY ONE THOUSAND GIFTS!!!
As some who's favorite game of all time, not even exaggerating, is Okami, I say just leave it be. Okamiden was fun but really wasn't needed, can't really think of an idea for a sequel that would be any better.
So I say just give us our Dante, we haven't seen the dude in the forever.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
DMC out of curiousity of what he would do with a new DMC game/treat everything that came after 1.

Chances are he might not even use Dante or touch upon anything that came after 1 but who can really say what he would do.

He might have a take/idea none of us are thinking about.

Last edited:
Top Bottom