• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
I really am happy for them and also for the gamers who backed them BUT as they said, they have a bigger responsibility now to not make the game sucked. I can't imagine how nervous they are before the kick starter but now that they have exceed their original i can't imagine how surprised and how happy they are. I hope this can also wake up the gaming industry for actually taking more risks.

Dark Drakan

Admin
I really am happy for them and also for the gamers who backed them BUT as they said, they have a bigger responsibility now to not make the game sucked. I can't imagine how nervous they are before the kick starter but now that they have exceed their original i can't imagine how surprised and how happy they are. I hope this can also wake up the gaming industry for actually taking more risks.

I totally agree, makes you wonder how many great game ideas have been passed up due to publishers being afraid to take a risk. With early access and kickstarter getting bigger by the day and companies being able to have fans fund their games by donations and early unfinished sales and Alpha tests it might mean the industry switches in favour of the indie developers. With most games and platforms no longer requiring publishers developers will be able to take more risks themselves and gain funding elsewhere. Im really happy for WarHorse and hope they can bring us them game they have envisioned and I look forward to playing it.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Today we are introducing new features in Tech Alpha 0.3 including lock picking mini game, temporary voice overs or basic perception. Dan is also talking about plans for E3, Beta version and new release date. In the end we invite you to Bitva Libušín or Battle of the Nations in Prague.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
This game is really taking it's time and that's fine. I wonder if they will have a show on E3 though. I think it's best to show at least some official trailer for the game this E3 so more people can be aware of it. That said, i'm willing to wait and i'd hope they would set some release date soon.

Dark Drakan

Admin
This game is really taking it's time and that's fine. I wonder if they will have a show on E3 though. I think it's best to show at least some official trailer for the game this E3 so more people can be aware of it. That said, i'm willing to wait and i'd hope they would set some release date soon.

I believe some gameplay footage will be shown at E3 and Beta will be later this year. Release is likely to be Q2-Q3 next year I believe. Im glad they are taking their time too and the game is looking visually stunning and I hope they can get all the systems running that they want in it by the Beta.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Really hope it ends up as good as its looking, developers are passionate and it slots into a gap in the market nicely.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Kingdom Come: Deliverance Tech Alpha 0.5 - Introducing Crime System

We introduced new features of Kingdom Come: Deliverance Tech Alpha 0.5 to our backers, answered questions about crime system and also uncovered basic info about upcoming Beta version.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
So, there would be checks and balances in Kingdom Come *cough* Deliverance to prevent one from going on a rampage? I see.

Too bad there's no console release -- ah well, there's always youtube.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Drakan, I also wanted to let you know --

When I posted that "Medieval Survival" game idea thread all those months ago, this was exactly what I had in mind.

In my opinion, this is probably the only real reason to get a current gen system. It most likely could not be done on last-gen consoles due to the physics involved.

Finally... no magic.

Edit:

Skallagrim (and maybe Matt Easton from Scholagladiatoria?) said that he'll put up a KCD video when the game comes out.

Last edited:

Dark Drakan

Admin
Drakan, I also wanted to let you know --

When I posted that "Medieval Survival" game idea thread all those months ago, this was exactly what I had in mind.

In my opinion, this is probably the only real reason to get a current gen system. It most likely could not be done on last-gen consoles due to the physics involved.

Finally... no magic.

Edit:

Skallagrim (and maybe Matt Easton from Scholagladiatoria?) said that he'll put up a KCD video when the game comes out.

I like fantasy games as much as the next guy but I am also very interested in seeing more realistic games like this. Graphically it's looking stunning already and so long as all the systems work well together and the quests are interesting it should be superb. The forests alone are truly stunning and I have watched many videos where I have just been amazed by the atmosphere they have created.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
The forests alone are truly stunning and I have watched many videos where I have just been amazed by the atmosphere they have created.
Well, that's what I'm worried about -- graphical details.

Don't get me wrong -- I love the environments, but that's attention that could be placed into the crime and stealth system.

Big worlds are great to have, but then you'll just end up with something where the missions repeat themselves.

High-end graphics worked out well for multi-genre games like Arkham Asylum Shadow of Mordor -- but that's usually the exception to the rule. Uncharted was a great series to be sure but -- there's great... and there's ambitious.

This game is truly ambitious with the potential to surpass other games of its type -- I'm just worried about the devs losing their focus here.

Top Bottom