• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Marvel's Daredevil - Netflix Show

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Last episode.

Anyway, I'm only three episodes in, but oh my god it's so good! It's everything I hoped for. It's perfect.
Also, can we just talk about that fight scene at the end of episode two? :woot:
I know right?! The action here is so brutal and awesome. I'm on episode 4 right now and loving it so far.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Last episode.

Anyway, I'm only three episodes in, but oh my god it's so good! It's everything I hoped for. It's perfect.
Also, can we just talk about that fight scene at the end of episode two? :woot:
Yeah, I skipped ahead to the end. Now, I'm watching everything else.

All the fights are great, to be honest. It doesn't go into District B13/Ong Bak territory, so it keeps things "realistic enough." It's a very tough line to walk. I like the "acrobatic/brutal" style of fighting that the choreographers came up with. It sort of reminds me of Hwa Rang Do.

Great stuff.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
My only gripe?

His erratic stick action - just want to tell him how to blind properly.

Otherwise, really enjoying this. Only at episode 5 now but kind of spending my evenings watching until I fall asleep.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
So far not impressed. Very slow beginning and pretty mediocre choreography of fights. Hope it improves, since i only watched 2 episodes.

LoneRangerNinjutsu

The Man Without Fear!
So far not impressed. Very slow beginning and pretty mediocre choreography of fights. Hope it improves, since i only watched 2 episodes.
The slow pace is deliberate, and most seem to appreciate it.
Also, you're going to HAVE to justify why you think the fight choreography is "mediocre" as it has received nothing but praise from both critics and viewers alike, including myself. The show has some of the best action set pieces performed with minimal to no special effects on television. Is it perfect? Of course not. But it's not Hollywood, and it's far superior to anything else on television. I'd go as far to say it's better hand-to-hand combat than what we've seen in The Dark Knight Trilogy.
For example....
How is this choreographed poorly?

Last edited:

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
The slow pace is deliberate, and most seem to appreciate it.
Also, you're going to HAVE to justify why you think the fight choreography is "mediocre" as it has received nothing but praise from both critics and viewers alike, including myself. The show has some of the best action set pieces performed with minimal to no special effects on television. Is it perfect? Of course not. But it's not Hollywood, and it's far superior to anything else on television. I'd go as far to say it's better hand-to-hand combat than what we've seen in The Dark Knight Trilogy.
For example....
How is this choreographed poorly?
Personally I feel slow pace is completely unjustified. It's like it could have been normal full-length film instead they just made let it drag for the sake of it. As for choreography, it's really subpar. If they aimed for realism, it's far to clean and all of them taking far to many punches than any normal human could. If they aimed for some over the top action, it's just looks far to unimpressive. So it's like they missed both marks swinging in between, so for me it's not meat nor fish.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I don't think it's slow at all. I expected Daredevil to swap back and forth between vigilante justice and the courtroom legal drama all while building up his origin in flashbacks.

And the fight scenes are badass and done well. It's exciting and brutal. I don't know why anyone would say that's mediocre.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
people may enjoy what they want, as for me I'm just want to find TV that either has good writing or enjoyable to watch. and this is neither

Dark Drakan

Admin
And the fight scenes are badass and done well. It's exciting and brutal. I don't know why anyone would say that's mediocre.

I think the fight scenes are a good blend of realism and movie style, yeah people take more damage than most people could but at the same time showing the exhaustion and desperation in some of the moves adds a lot to each of these scenes. Makes you see them more as people and him as a man rather than a usual stereotype Superhero cliche & all out 'tick the boxes' movie fight scenes.

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
So far I'm liking it, I had to stop midway on "Stick" because my nephew woke up...and before that he accidentally saw Private Pyle (Kingpin, just Pyle in FMJ), chop a dudes head off with a car door.
To me, Vincents Kingpin is excellent. I like this Kingpin better than the ones in the comics but hell he nailed the part.
All the fighting is awesome, and like most has said you can see Daredevil exhausted and trying to vent out the last bit of energy he has left to fight. To me this show is awesome, it doesn't use his blindness as a "Superpower" *cough Affleck cough* it's great, gritty and bloody. Finally some good justice is done to the man without fear.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Really really like the characterisation of the Kingpin - having never read the comics or anything like that, I have no idea if this depiction is accurate, but I like the little touches they have put into his character to make him well-rounded as opposed to the stereotypical one-dimensional villain that is seen so often.

Plus Vincent D'Onofrio is an excellent actor. Just excellent.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
im at episode 4 and i'd never thought i'd see Wilson Fisk be awkward (im glad i did) but that end :facepalm:.

Last edited:
Top Bottom