• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Mystery woman

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
What if the reason why Vergil hates his Humanity and his emotion is because of Scarlet.
Well, like I said on page 3, and I should refine it a bit:

Vergil sees humans as weak and doesn't like to think of himself as human. I'm pretty sure there was a scene in DMC3 where you could see Vergil become irked when Arkham mentioned his humanity.
He probably thought Eva was weak for not being able to defend herself and losing her life, leading to Dante and Vergil's probably cr@ppy lives. Or maybe he thought Sparda shouldn't have sealed the hell gate, because it took Sparda's demonic power away. So Vergil tries to gain as much power as possible, because he doesn't want to make that *one* mistake Sparda made by closing off his demonic power. It's a theme in DMC3: Vergil strives to be like his father, Dante strives to forget all about him - Vergil the demon, Dante the human (I guess).

Dante probably hates that his mother had to die because of Sparda's demonic connections and demonic power, and he saw his mother's strength in her protection of him and Vergil. At least, this is what I think at the moment. But maybe I forgot some of what DMC3 implied about it.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Now, your point of view is interesting. I know most of us assume quickly that woman could be Nero's mom, but as far as I know, it's not the first time an irrelevant character is shown as important in a trailer( like in RE5 trailer, it seems), only to be proved that character means nothing for the main plot.
You seem very sure his wife/woman/ whoever isn't this woman and it's not the first time you are well informed about it.Well, knowing Vergil, I was expecting a wife of sorts 8 since he wants so much emulate Sparda , but this could not be the case.
May you share more with me , please?
Ok. Here's what I think.

If we take the novel and what it's that it tells us about the day Vergil went to Fortuna then he went to find traces of Sparda and he ran into a young(er) Sanctus. It might not be canon by details but the mayor points are there and it's probably true enough. Sanctus claimed that, by what he knows, Vergil showed up and he comes to the conclusion that Vergil provably impregnated a prostitute and that's where Nero came from. Nero doesn't buy it though and I don't either. I've never been %100 convinced that Nero is Vergil's son but if he is then this what I think.

Nero's mother and Vergil both went to Fortuna on the same day. If she was Vergil's lover she probably knows about Fortuna from Vergil and went there either hoping to find Vergil or that they would care for Nero since he was very reminiscent of Sparda or they might even realize that he was descendant of his and treat him as such.

I don't know why Vergil would leave her or why she would leave Nero; Hell, there is no proof that it was his mother at all who left Nero at the orphanage, it could very well have been his father. But if that is how it went down then maybe the fact that Vergil left his lover and she left Nero are both related.

As for Vergil, he doesn't hate humans, he hates his humanity, and whatever woman he picks has an equal chance of being a demon than being a human, but Vergil isn't like Dante, he isn't ruled by his immediate drives of impulses; The way he treated Alice in the manga tells me that he has higher standards that he holds women to and would probably go for more dignified women than a prostitute. Human, angel or demon she probably just had a quality that appealed to him, nothing more.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gel

Astaroth123

The Mind shall vanquish the Sword
So all in all, It's really confusing to make a successful conclusion.

I don't know if Capcom is either clever or really messing with our heads.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
There's another possibly : this woman is a Capcom's bait to make us speculate. If she wasn't young or apparently attractive, if she didn't turned around when she notice Vergil, we wouldn't be here talking about this.
She can be absolutely irrelevant to the plot, but if any one of this criteria wasn't met, Capcom would never made us stop to think about it.

As with some of you, I still think a process of courtship would be necessary for Vergil to get interested in a woman. He doesn't fall easily for a pretty face, unless Vergil in DMC4SE is completely out of character.

Last edited:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Vergil wears blue.

Scarlet wears red.

Nero's clothes's colors are blue and red.

Theory confirmed.

tumblr_nnejh4AD161qfqroao1_400.jpg

She will not forget this devil's power.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Mates, it seems this woman is really big V 's woman.If you pay attention to the V Opening Trailer.Already with his cloak on, Vergil rises his face a little to look at the people, but mainly at her. It is in this moment Scarlet notices him and stops to look at him.
So we should be waiting for a quick fling between the two and big V riding alone into the sunset. Very un-Vergil, I know!
As Foxy said , never subestimate boner's power!

Viper

Premium
I had a thought that might or might not connect to the woman, but is interesting to discuss.

You know, someone must have told Vergil about the Order, if he says "The Order of the Sword... they worship a demon as a god?" in the intro. He couldn't have got that just from one glimpse at an unfinished statue, after all there is a statue of Sparda in Dante's town, yet no cults.
And it would still get him no name right from the start... in DMC4 no one knew about them until they started stirring **** and Lady got the symbol recognized by her contact, with Dante getting info from Lady (though it seems Trish noticed something already).
So where did Vergil get it? Could be from some salesman of occult items? Those sound like types of people Vergil would be familiar with. Could have Scarlet perhaps lure him into town using that info?

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
''As for Vergil, he doesn't hate humans, he hates his humanity.''

Nobody said he hated humans, right? But he does think they're weak. To Vergil, it's all about power. That's not bad writing (because I've heard some people say it's really cliché and there's no backstory-related reason for it). There is a good reason for it... Vergil saw his mother die and didn't have enough power to stop it. That, and maybe he thought Sparda shouldn't have sealed his demonic power (so that he might still be alive to protect his family).

This is why I find it so strange that Vergil would have a child with a human. He knows his son would lack the power to protect his own future family. If their children have kids with humans and so on, it'd dilute Sparda's bloodline too, and I doubt Vergil would want to disrespect Sparda like that. Vergil should also know that he doesn't yet have Sparda's power, and hasn't really fought that many high-ranking demons yet. Why would he even want a family that he'd need to protect from demons constantly?

I guess we'll have to see... probably when DMC5 is released.

Viper

Premium
''As for Vergil, he doesn't hate humans, he hates his humanity.''

Nobody said he hated humans, right? But he does think they're weak. To Vergil, it's all about power. That's not bad writing (because I've heard some people say it's really cliché and there's no backstory-related reason for it). There is a good reason for it... Vergil saw his mother die and didn't have enough power to stop it. That, and maybe he thought Sparda shouldn't have sealed his demonic power (so that he might still be alive to protect his family).

This is why I find it so strange that Vergil would have a child with a human. He knows his son would lack the power to protect his own future family. If their children have kids with humans and so on, it'd dilute Sparda's bloodline too, and I doubt Vergil would want to disrespect Sparda like that. Vergil should also know that he doesn't yet have Sparda's power, and hasn't really fought that many high-ranking demons yet. Why would he even want a family that he'd need to protect from demons constantly?

I guess we'll have to see... probably when DMC5 is released.

Valid points, but Vergil is not shown to be quite fond of demons either, they are necessary evil on his path to power, and one that would love to kill him on the spot if they didn't need him for opening the seals. Unless there is a friendly third specie, Vergil would either have to have one amazing luck to find a nice looking female demon that wants to have kids with him and which doesn't make his stomach turn (cause of what they did to his family), or risk by making a child with a human that might come out as weak due to its humanity.

And that is if the risk was out of choice and not a happy accident. He is seen rushing into things without much thought. Mix some good wine into it and...

A thing I have to point out is, that while we were said SE happens before DMC3, we don't know when exactly. There is a possibility that Vergil we saw in DMC3 was already a man broken by not just his mother's death, but also by something that happened in between. I don't know if it's just looking too deep or what, but Vergil in this latest intro seems more cocky, not talkative as Dante, but still giving off the same vibe.

(You know, it just occurred to me... Dante didn't know Vergil was alive until the man was standing in front of him, yet Vergil doesn't seem to show he just find out, more like he knew from before.)

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
Valid points, but Vergil is not shown to be quite fond of demons either, they are necessary evil on his path to power, and one that would love to kill him on the spot if they didn't need him for opening the seals. Unless there is a friendly third specie, Vergil would either have to have one amazing luck to find a nice looking female demon that wants to have kids with him and which doesn't make his stomach turn (cause of what they did to his family), or risk by making a child with a human that might come out as weak due to its humanity.

And that is if the risk was out of choice and not a happy accident. He is seen rushing into things without much thought. Mix some good wine into it and...

A thing I have to point out is, that while we were said SE happens before DMC3, we don't know when exactly. There is a possibility that Vergil we saw in DMC3 was already a man broken by not just his mother's death, but also by something that happened in between. I don't know if it's just looking too deep or what, but Vergil in this latest intro seems more cocky, not talkative as Dante, but still giving off the same vibe.

(You know, it just occurred to me... Dante didn't know Vergil was alive until the man was standing in front of him, yet Vergil doesn't seem to show he just find out, more like he knew from before.)
I don't think it was ever shown that Vergil hates all demons. He hates the ones that killed Eva, sure, and he has no love for demons that just follow Mundus's (or anyone's) orders without question. The demons that throw themselves at him, he kills. I haven't read the manga or anything, but that's what I figure.

So I think it's quite possible Vergil would hook up with a demon, though I think he's more interested in bringing Sparda back, or creating something that's derived from him. He seems to idolize the guy. Which is why I always thought Nero might be some kind of experiment.

I dunno, Vergil seems to act the same as he did in DMC3 to me... usually silent but pretty motivated in battle. We haven't seen much of him yet, just him walking in Fortuna plus a fight scene. Nah, I think Vergil in DMC3 was just power-hungry because he was powerless to protect Eva, and because he saw Eva's inability (lack of power) to resist being killed.
And what do you mean Dante didn't know Vergil was alive? In DMC3, they said it had been a year since they last met... probably just before Vergil went to Fortuna.

Viper

Premium
I don't think it was ever shown that Vergil hates all demons. He hates the ones that killed Eva, sure, and he has no love for demons that just follow Mundus's (or anyone's) orders without question. The demons that throw themselves at him, he kills. I haven't read the manga or anything, but that's what I figure.

So I think it's quite possible Vergil would hook up with a demon, though I think he's more interested in bringing Sparda back, or creating something that's derived from him. He seems to idolize the guy. Which is why I always thought Nero might be some kind of experiment.

I dunno, Vergil seems to act the same as he did in DMC3 to me... usually silent but pretty motivated in battle. We haven't seen much of him yet, just him walking in Fortuna plus a fight scene. Nah, I think Vergil in DMC3 was just power-hungry because he was powerless to protect Eva, and because he saw Eva's inability (lack of power) to resist being killed.
And what do you mean Dante didn't know Vergil was alive? In DMC3, they said it had been a year since they last met... probably just before Vergil went to Fortuna.
There is this thing called prejudice, the demon might be nice, but it would still be of same specie as the murderers. Granted, we are shown his brother Dante does not discriminate against demons, if they are nice he lets them go, but battle and romance are two different things.

From what I gathered, Vergil is not so interested in Sparda as a man, as much as Sparda's power. He tells Sanctus in the novel he plans to surpass their god. And he needs that power for something he never tells.

The line from DMC3 is taken to reference their meeting in DMC3 manga. But in the manga itself, Vergil is quite relaxed about the fact that Dante is alive, whereas Dante is surprised to see his brother.

outoftheblue

Many people seem to think that Vergil was asexual. Yeah, he was cold, aloof, and a bit of a misanthrope, but that doesn't mean he wasn't at all interested in doing the deed. Maybe that woman is Nero's mother, maybe not. Or maybe she'll be significant in some other way. But I'm leaning towards her just being a random passerby.

I don´t think that the fact that he seems cold and kind of intimidating is the reason some people tend to think about him as "asexual". To some, he seems to fit that kind of character archetype of one more interested in channeling his energy, sexual one included, into mayor ,bigger things, instead of letting himself be ruled by his more basic, animal instincts.
But, again, who knows what Capcom is going to pull out of their .....yeah.
Regarding the cutscene with the woman in red, I don´t think they would give her any "screentime" if she only was a random passerby. She will be important, but maybe not neccesarly Nero´s mother.

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
There is this thing called prejudice, the demon might be nice, but it would still be of same specie as the murderers. Granted, we are shown his brother Dante does not discriminate against demons, if they are nice he lets them go, but battle and romance are two different things.

From what I gathered, Vergil is not so interested in Sparda as a man, as much as Sparda's power. He tells Sanctus in the novel he plans to surpass their god. And he needs that power for something he never tells.

The line from DMC3 is taken to reference their meeting in DMC3 manga. But in the manga itself, Vergil is quite relaxed about the fact that Dante is alive, whereas Dante is surprised to see his brother.
There's still no evidence that he hates all demons. He never even tries to kill all demons (nor to hunt them like Dante does), all he seems to do is defend himself when he gets attacked. That doesn't scream hatred to me, though I'll grant you it is possible he hates demons in general. But for all we know he might desire power so that he can rule over the demon world - in DMC3 he did say ''this was our father's home''. That line ''this was our father's home'', btw, seems to imply he is interested in Sparda in a general sense, not just because he wielded power.

So for all we know he wants to be like Sparda, only instead of having a family in the human world, he wants one in the demon world. Maybe that's his whole plan: to protect his family he needs more power, and he might want to live somewhere in the demon world where he will never be reminded of his human side. I know this is wild speculation, but my point is we really don't know either way. Your guess is as good as mine.

Last edited:

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
Well i also speculate as She would be Nero mother, but well to get more clear view I rather would wait for game release as it would clear or give some more facts.

Top Bottom