• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero. Is he really Vergil's son?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallE156

The Devil's Advocate
I don't think Nero is Vergil's son, mostly because of Vergil's mindset. All he wants is more power, it's all he ever talks about, it's all he ever thinks about. This being as it is, I honestly can't picture Vergil wanting to fornicate with anyone, let alone a human, which she would have to be a human considering Nero's situation. I mean even if he wanted to he only has one topic he wants to talk about...and "I need more power" isn't a very good pick up line IMO.

The only connection I can think of between Vergil and Nero is that Nero somehow has Vergil's...soul in his arm? It sounds stupid but it's the only thing I can come up with. In the beginning of DMC4 Nero's arm is all bandaged up...it says in the beginning of the game manual that Nero's right shoulder was "injured" during a demon attack. Idk maybe Vergil's soul somehow got implanted in Nero's arm with the injury??? I'm just spitballin here lol I honestly don't think Capcom put too much thought into Nero's backstory upon his creation.

Shadow Sparda

Shadow Sparda
From what i read here and what i can tell i will say this.I really could be wrong as im just stating what i understand.

1)Nero's DT.So some people say that Nero's DT represents Vergil as nelo angelo in a way.Also some say that you can hear his voice echoing(i think it was when you DT'd).I believe he's kinda related to Vergil in the way he does showdown(reason being,cause DMC4 is not fast paced like the previous series,it somehow looks that nero's is good at the sword).Do not forget.Nero is young and he just repairs the sword right out of the blue.If they ever deepened nero's story as in creating a dmc with him being older and more experted with yamato.it could prove it.But then again.Its not enough.

2)Nero being a descendent of Sparda's blood as Sanctus says.Yes.It looks like a hint.I believe it.I wouldnt understand it if they just put that sentence in the game and it turned out a lie.another reason to make ME believe he's vergil's son.

3)Nero being related to Vergil due to:"And a voice echoed,power...Give me more..Power!.If i have to become a demon so be it.i will endure the exile..anything to protect her".I blastidly do not believe in anyway this relates nero to vergil.Anyone could basically say it.

this is all i could think of.

I actually aree with you on this. You really do make a good point on this matter. Besides from the cut scenes that I've seen when Nero...I guess you can say awakens his demon's blood his hair does slick back. But you have to pay attention because it's only for a few seconds.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I mean even if he wanted to he only has one topic he wants to talk about...and "I need more power" isn't a very good pick up line IMO.

I could listen to that all day. 8D

lol I honestly don't think Capcom put too much thought into Nero's backstory upon his creation.

I think you might be right. . . or maybe they couldn't decide what the hell direction to take him in, so he's just an enigma.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
What the hell is wrong with you? She looks like his mother ffs!

I have always had that to say whenever someone said Dante was in love with Trish lol.

I highly doubt he is.

As it was pointed out SHE LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE HIS MOM.

What type of sick person would want to date their own mother?

It would be more likely that Dante's love interest would be Lady while Trish is just a good friend.

Shadow Sparda

Shadow Sparda
Your right about that. Maybe they didn't know which direction they wanted Nero to go in. But like I said before...I never played the game, and I only watched the the cutscenes. I can't even afford a ps3. Wish I coud though.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I'm just going to say that there are many theories surrounding Nero, many have their own problems and many have their own 'that sounds the most logical' points. However, none of them clearly sum up Nero's origins. We hardly know Dante's true origins, so trying to get Nero's true origins would be like trying to squeeze blood out of a stone.

Some theories link with each other, meaning there is no true theory to explain his background. You could say he is Vergil's son, but then you have to go into the history (Where and when he was born) Why Vergil thought he needed a child.

The theories I've come to know are these.

Nero's a descendant of Sparda in some way, shape or form.
Nero is Vergil's son.
Nero was tainted by a demon (This was explained in the instruction manual to Devil May Cry 4) So infection does not make him a descendant or a blood relative. Whoever infected him was however, so that part is interesting.
Nero was experimented on by The Order. He's some super-human experiment. Might be plausible, since Sanctus changed into a demon after his 'death'. That means they had the power to undertake quite serious experiments from lengthy research. Where they obtained DNA from I don't know, perhaps from the swords themselves?
Nero is Vergil reborn in some essence. Vergil's soul is trapped within him, or possessing him.

There's no means to say that if you look through each theory, you can underline several key facts that we know about Vergil and Nero and make an assumption about Nero's origins.

Shadow Sparda

Shadow Sparda
Very true indeed. You have no arguement from me. But I do have a question. If nero is an experiment then how is he able to use Vergil's sword Yamato? Can you please explain that to me so I can understand better.

D-Sparda

Nothing is true, everything is permitted
I think that the one who did this novel wanted to make Nero's character somehow important by making hints that Vergil maybe his father. Also, I think Kobayashi did the same thing but this time with hints of Sparda. In my opinion both failed to realise that they created huge plot holes with Nero's character. Once again, Capcom creates more questions than logical explanations. What a shame.

Lili Rochefort

we live to make impossible, possible!
Hell no! I think Dante absolutly can't be Nero's father.... because he has no reason to leave Nero.... he shoulda brought up his son...
and about Vergil.... I have doubt.... because of their ages
but the best thing that makes sense is that Nero is not son of Dante nor Vergil....
his white hair might be because of he's a demon.... and he's blood can be for another reason....

Nessy

In my opinion they haven't even decided how nero is linked into the storyline yet, they just put him in an open position so people would discuss it, and so they could decide later based on popular ideas and possible selling points.

Reira

The Fallen Angel;)
I think that Nero is Vergil's son
1)Because he posses a power of a demon but it's only the 1/3 of it (If you remember that Vergil is a half demon then you could say that he cannot have a son who is more "demon" as he is)
2)He is the only one who restored Yamato and he can handle it so good
Also Vergil in DMC 3 wanted more power and that's why when Nero awakened this demon with Yamato said:'And a voice echoed "Power.Give me more power" ' which means that Vergil is the one who said that.
And I have a link that is for the 2 vols. of DMC 4 but they are summarized :http://devils-lair.org/dmc4novel.html
So if you want check it out ;) :)

NeroS

..who am i kidding lets just morph and eat em!
I think that Nero is Vergil's son
1)Because he posses a power of a demon but it's only the 1/3 of it (If you remember that Vergil is a half demon then you could say that he cannot have a son who is more "demon" as he is)
2)He is the only one who restored Yamato and he can handle it so good
Also Vergil in DMC 3 wanted more power and that's why when Nero awakened this demon with Yamato said:'And a voice echoed "Power.Give me more power" ' which means that Vergil is the one who said that.
And I have a link that is for the 2 vols. of DMC 4 but they are summarized :http://devils-lair.org/dmc4novel.html
So if you want check it out ;) :)
even with all of that im still confused at whether he is his son as theres almost completely nothing about nero's story truly explained.

Reira

The Fallen Angel;)
I think you're right
But to tell you the truth after I read this link I was kinda convinced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom