• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New original characters for DMC

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
What kind of new characters would you like to see join the new DMC?

I hope for an oracle-type character who assists the sons of Sparda. Including Nero.

Think of Matrix's Oracle.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Buddy, slow down. We still don't know if the game is a thing. I get your excited but you're asking all the questions and not waiting for more answers before asking the next. There's time enough, so brace yourself.

To answer your question, thought, I don't want more characters, I want more of the old characters. Hell, if anything, I want to know about Nero's mother and that's about it for new face.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Buddy, slow down. We still don't know if the game is a thing. I get your excited but you're asking all the questions and not waiting for more answers before asking the next. There's time enough, so brace yourself.

To answer your question, thought, I don't want more characters, I want more of the old characters. Hell, if anything, I want to know about Nero's mother and that's about it for new face.

Sorry man.

Just being prepared.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Sorry man.

Just being prepared.
No worries. I get you. I'm having a hard time keeping my excitement in check. I've been on the hype train for the last few years and with every silent conference my disappointment has made me more cautious than usual.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
For the series as a whole, I'd like to see more devil hunters outside of Dante/Lady/Trish. It be cool if there were a government taskforce devoted to fighting demons that wasn't inherently corrupt. Hopefully they have more interesting ways of fighting that just firing bullets.

I'm a fan of Bleach/YYH/HxH/Jojo's and wish there was a way for humans to get superpowers without going evil or selling their souls to a devil. So if that could be a thing and we get more of an exploration on how magic works.

If Ninja gaiden won't use yokai DMC might as well pick up the slack.

I'm cool with other halfbreeds but I don't want them to be a rethread of Dante/Vergil's baggage.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
So far we've got that Nico girl. A blacksmith for Nero's arsenal.

Wonder who else we'll pick up.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Think that old man will get involved?

You mean the cigar-smoker at the start? Not sure. I get the feeling he's more like an Enzo or Morrison type character, so in an NPC sort of way, he probably plays at least a decent part. Or so I hope.

I wonder if any of the ladies will be around, or if Nico is kind of the token female for this round? ^^; Even just a cameo appearance of the others would be cool.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
How about having the government involved with fighting off the demon attacks? The military? The mayor? The president?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Im assuming we'll have some army npcs take care of the lower level demons but the bulk of it will be taken care of by the main characters.

I wouldn't mind some NPCs from Fortuna. I liked the idea behind the city and wished it was more fleshed out.

I wouldn't mind more hunters in the game.

I would prefer if Nero's mom is the DMC version of Kat but Im cool with it being someone new.

Im hoping he gets a pet dragon (scalebound reference).

Last edited:

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
If there was a president character in DMC assisting the demon hunters, I picture him doing something like this:

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
The dude was Morrison? So then the anime is non-canon? Cause, I don't wanna sound racist, but wasn't Morrison white? Unless he caught himself that Re-Vitiligo, it's the opposite of what Michael Jackson had "Lucky sum b!tch" lol Anyone else a fan of Boondocks?

Also if they finally reveal in-game, that Nero is Vergil's son. I would also like to learn about his mother. If she's human, a demon, another half-demon. If Nero was conceived when Vergil visited Fortuna, as established in his DMC4: SE cutscenes (Vergil going to Fortuna, not Nero's conception), she was likely human and a follower of the Order of the Sword's religion, but it be nice to learn something for sure instead of just speculation

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I wouldn't mind more hunters in the game.
This. So Much.

I would love to see some competent Hunters especially now that demons are more prevalent. A grizzled old Demon Hunter who takes out his prey with guns, traps and his intellect. :thumbsup:
rogues-nihei-tetsuzou959459990.png

DarkSlayerVergil

The dude was Morrison? So then the anime is non-canon? Cause, I don't wanna sound racist, but wasn't Morrison white? Unless he caught himself that Re-Vitiligo, it's the opposite of what Michael Jackson had "Lucky sum b!tch" lol Anyone else a fan of Boondocks?

Also if they finally reveal in-game, that Nero is Vergil's son. I would also like to learn about his mother. If she's human, a demon, another half-demon. If Nero was conceived when Vergil visited Fortuna, as established in his DMC4: SE cutscenes (Vergil going to Fortuna, not Nero's conception), she was likely human and a follower of the Order of the Sword's religion, but it be nice to learn something for sure instead of just speculation
Its not racist to point out a character race especially in this case. I mean I'm black and yet I was confused as to why Morrison was blackefied unless Capcom wants to have their own version of Rodin.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Rodin is based on a manga character called Umibozu from a series called City Hunter & it’s spinoff, Angel Heart. I think he’s a blind bartender in one of those two series. Tall, bald, black and wears shades.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
This. So Much.

I would love to see some competent Hunters especially now that demons are more prevalent. A grizzled old Demon Hunter who takes out his prey with guns, traps and his intellect. :thumbsup:
rogues-nihei-tetsuzou959459990.png
That would be cool.

On the flip side I want more far out characters. Dc has a character called Detective chimp who is a talking monkey detective. We need less bishonen and more magical weirdos.

Top Bottom