• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New weapons for Vergil and Nero in Special Edit.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Will we all expect new weapons for both Nero and Vergil?

If they did, what new weapons would you all wish they have?
I rather they have a different way of leveling up than gaining DAs. Vergil/Nero should have gain new techniques/powers from fallen enemies (like Zero and Axl from Mega Man).

But as for weapons Nero should use the ones from the reboot (the scythe, the ax, the glaive Aquila) but for Eryx, his condition worsens and his other arm becomes demonized(not an actual verb i think) giving him a melee style for combat.

Vergil follows Dante's extravagance with some weaponry that are more exotic/classical like a sitar or a kurai-sagama (sure i mispelled that) etc etc

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I rather they have a different way of leveling up than gaining DAs. Vergil/Nero should have gain new techniques/powers from fallen enemies (like Zero and Axl from Mega Man).

But as for weapons Nero should use the ones from the reboot (the scythe, the ax, the glaive Aquila) but for Eryx, his condition worsens and his other arm becomes demonized(not an actual verb i think) giving him a melee style for combat.

Vergil follows Dante's extravagance with some weaponry that are more exotic/classical like a sitar or a kurai-sagama (sure i mispelled that) etc etc

Its a kusarigama.

HandsomePeanut

Satan Claus
Right now SE is a big mystery. What are they adding? Vergil but what else? Will there be new story elements or previously cut comment?

If they do bring in new Devil Arms (or abilities for Nero which better actually, y'know, do something), that means new bosses, which likely means new story comment. To sum it up, I think it's too soon speculate on devil arms. We need to know if we're just getting some extras or an overhaul.

Despite that though, if they do give them new weapons, I want Vergil to have at least Yamato and Nero to get at least on Devil Arm.

nephlim god

Nero needs a devil arm . His sword seems so basic. The yamato and rebellion would smash it into tiny little pieces. Well they should have . Vergil needs the yamato back for sure

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Vergil's got Yamato in the teaser, so it's fairly safe to assume that he will have it in the game.

And... how can a sword with a mechanism that propels fuel into the blade overheating it be considered"basic"?

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
Well, since you asked what weapons I wish they'll have...

Nero
- Dual katanas (or just the Yamato and Red Queen without needing to use the Devil Trigger)
- A spear (throwable?). Could work well with the Devil Bringer
- Maybe a scythe
- An extra powerful long-barrel revolver

Vergil
- The Yamato
- If he doesn't have the Yamato - who knows, just because a picture showed him to carry the Yamato doesn't mean it's guaranteed that he'll use it - a chokuto (straight katana).
- The Sparda
- The Beowulf gauntlets and greaves
- A nice longbow or crossbow?

Of course, if DMC4 SE takes place before DMC4, Vergil can't use the Sparda since it's in Dante's shop.

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
Well, Blue Rose is big and powerful enough (Charge Shot 3 is a lifesaver) xD
Yeah, but in my opinion Nero was missing a firearm that could do huge damage without needing to charge up, like Dante's shotgun. I mean, yeah, he's got the Devil Bringer, but, well... I like long barrel revolvers better :p

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Yeah, but in my opinion Nero was missing a firearm that could do huge damage without needing to charge up, like Dante's shotgun. I mean, yeah, he's got the Devil Bringer, but, well... I like long barrel revolvers better :p

In that case, wouldn't an entirely different type of gun be better? You know, two revolvers... gets repetitive.

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
In that case, wouldn't an entirely different type of gun be better? You know, two revolvers... gets repetitive.
Nah, then we'd go back to sniper rifles like the one in DMC3, and that laser thing. That's been done before.
I think a really powerful two-handed revolver that can only shoot one bullet every four seconds or so would be awesome. Kind of like the Elephant Killer in RE6, or the equivalent from RE5.

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
Actually, I thought that a sword/spear and shield would also be nice for Nero. Would go well with the Knight of the Order theme, and he could enhance the shield with his Devil Bringer powers, who knows.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
It's not like if it's a powerful gun, than you necessarily need to rehash old concepts. They could create a brand new gun for the game for Nero to use, if he has to.
Come on, you can't deny that having two guns of the same type (revolver) would be boring. Way better to design a new gun with the functionality you described, but with an entirely original look.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
For vergil
yamato
beowolf or other gauntlets and greaves
force edge or another broadsword
if he is older then a new form of summoned sword and new darkslayer abilities

For nero
a gauntlet for his left hand
a different gun
maybe a giant halberd or hammer

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
In the thread on the DMC4 light novel back on devils lair.org, Nero was said to be a sink or swim kind of character (ironic isn't it?) and a bit of a gambler by the writer so i wanted to give him a group of playing cards (think Gambit or Luxord).

For Vergil I wanted to give him a Bo staff because it shows off a sense of control. I think a demonic weapon thats like a crossbow (think what Ryu used in NG3 ) would be a cool projectile but i could see Vergil using Kunai or shuriken too.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I would like the "dimension distortion" effect for Vergil's Judgement Cut instead od those line from DMC4 and DmC.

Sawyer1331

Son Of Sparda Is Back
I can't think of any good weapons for Nero, I don't know.... maybe a spear like @Lord Nero said? It would be a good choice, but at the same time I want them to Interpret ("Include" - in case I'm using the wrong word :D ) the exceed system to it so it would actually get charged up like Red Queen but I honestly have no idea how they can do that.

What I do want from Nero though is to have "free ride" and "wall run" abilities that were shown to us at the beginning of the game.

And for Vergil, I actually would love to see them give him a summon swords style/weapon where he could use summon swords as melee weapon to do all kinda crazy things. Kinda like how Noctis uses his different weapons at FF XV:
BIikC.gif

Devil Player

If Vergil is for real, we might see his Yamato being used ( by him ).

I'm not sure about more weapons for Nero. It wouldn't hurt getting new stuff.

Top Bottom