• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New York Comic-Con

chocolatepanda

Mundus had a blind eye before that. Spada probably did it.
Maybe his eye isnt blind but it just naturally looks odd. Usually if he went blind because of a wound there would be a scar around his eye or something. If the scar healed then his eye would've to so i just think its link more to him being a demon than anything else like Dantes hair turning white when he uses DT.

Devil Player

I guess my theory of Dante hurting Limbo equals hurting Mundus is botched because as far as I can see
dq9Cp.png

Mundus had a blind eye before that. Spada probably did it.

While your theory ( Sparda blinding Mundus) makes sense, I don't think you could literally "blind" a demon. I think it's really weak, coming with the explanation that a demon could blind another one. I hope they'll come with something complex and not the usual "he left his mark" stuff.

First, that's probably Mundus vessel. Besides, his focus ( real demon, and not the human host) are his 3 eyes ( see his forehead). So, we can talk about his weak point, that should really be the 3 eyes.

Paexie

While your theory ( Sparda blinding Mundus) makes sense, I don't think you could literally "blind" a demon. I think it's really weak, coming with the explanation that a demon could blind another one. I hope they'll come with something complex and not the usual "he left his mark" stuff.

First, that's probably Mundus vessel. Besides, his focus ( real demon, and not the human host) are his 3 eyes ( see his forehead). So, we can talk about his weak point, that should really be the 3 eyes.
I like that. It makes sense to me. Oh, I guess we can only speculate.

Devil Player

I like that. It makes sense to me. Oh, I guess we can only speculate.

I'm actually curious about Sparda too.

Knowing he was a demon, he probably should have used a vessel, in order to exist in the human world and then he knew Eva and they both had Dante and Vergil.

Devil Player

Japanese Jade came back and posted about her experience with the demo.

She said they did show Under Watch and Poison battle. She also said the visuals were outstanding and quite impressive. Eeven with 30 fps, that didn't show at all, the graphic was really impressive. Limbo was grotesque and gorgeous in a sex way.

The colours were rich and they put a lot of effort to deliever the visuals and graphics, no doubt about that. About gameplay, her major problem was getting used to the controls, because she was always trying to lock on one enemy, but there is no lock on, so she kept dodging, lol.

Her entire review ( she'll tell more within the next minutes, hopefully):

"The demo for DmC featured Under Watch (being the tutorial level in the beginning of the game) and Secret Ingredient (the boss battle with Poison). I was lucky enough to play both scenes on the 360 version since they were the ones available upon being next in the queue.

Visuals: Ninja Theory is known for their well crafted environments, motion capture details, creativity and it definitely shows. The highlight of this demo was how outstanding the visuals were. Even at 30 fps using the Unreal engine, the world of limbo is absolutely gorgeous in a grotesque and sexy way. The colors of the environment are rich and the details in the environment tells us how much effort they put into making the environments look so life like. How the world shifts and morphs around me gave me goosebumps. The idea is inspired by Inception and its surely a nice inspiration for such a game. Bottom line, DmC looks outstanding!

Gameplay: I'll try to be as objective and to the point as I can here for there is a lot to be said. Ask me anything I didn't cover and I'll do the best I can to explain. To begin with, the gameplay looks like Devil May Cry but the controls are Heavenly Sword with a jump button and DMC as the theme. If you disagree, you're only lying to yourself. I found myself trying to lock on constantly only to end up using the evade button (which are the right and left shoulder buttons btw). HOWEVER, this isn't a bad thing depending on how you look at it. Personally, I'm willing to learn and master this new fighting mechanic. Its pretty complex, interesting, and becomes fun when you get the hang of it. For original franchise players who jump cancel, lock on constantly, and string their moves fluidly like I do, we have to basically relearn how to play Devil May Cry the Ninja Theory way. This is where the divide of players will most likely occur for sure.

The platforming does not feel forced at all. Rather than being a "from point A to B" obstacle, its pretty natural with the world of limbo. Over turn was a nice demo that had both even platforming and combat without having too much or too little of either. It was "just right". I look forward to gliding and grappling around limbo next year.

I also want to add to this 30fps controversy because it is actually something worth mentioning. After playing the demo, there was definitely a feel of inferior combat fluidity versus the last four games (30fps vs 60fps). It wasn't overwhelming to notice but this game would play much better if it ran at 60 fps obviously. With that said, I think I'll wait for the PC version. Alex Jones stated at the discussion panel that the PC version will run at 60fps so its definitely the best choice to go PC over console in this case. Yes, Alex Jones CONFIRMED DmC on PC will run at 60 fps. Go figure.

The ranking system is job well done in my book. It wasn't as easy as I thought it would be to get a SSS rank. An S alone was somewhat of a challenge but I managed it during the Poison boss fight. The damage taken during that fight was DmC difficulty worthy. i didn't think I would but I died on my first try with Poison. It was mostly due to not being well acquainted with the controls but it just goes to show this game isn't asked to be beaten easily.

Overall, this game is a solid by for me on PC. The console version plays nicely at 30fps, don't get me wrong. I would just rather enjoy this game with my power rig rather than a console."

Link: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/605600-dmc-devil-may-cry/64327876

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Japanese Jade came back and posted about her experience with the demo.

She said they did show Under Watch and Poison battle. She also said the visuals were outstanding and quite impressive. Eeven with 30 fps, that didn't show at all, the graphic was really impressive. Limbo was grotesque and gorgeous in a sex way.

The colours were rich and they put a lot of effort to deliever the visuals and graphics, no doubt about that. About gameplay, her major problem was getting used to the controls, because she was always trying to lock on one enemy, but there is no lock on, so she kept dodging, lol.

Her entire review ( she'll tell more within the next minutes, hopefully):

"The demo for DmC featured Under Watch (being the tutorial level in the beginning of the game) and Secret Ingredient (the boss battle with Poison). I was lucky enough to play both scenes on the 360 version since they were the ones available upon being next in the queue.

Visuals: Ninja Theory is known for their well crafted environments, motion capture details, creativity and it definitely shows. The highlight of this demo was how outstanding the visuals were. Even at 30 fps using the Unreal engine, the world of limbo is absolutely gorgeous in a grotesque and sexy way. The colors of the environment are rich and the details in the environment tells us how much effort they put into making the environments look so life like. How the world shifts and morphs around me gave me goosebumps. The idea is inspired by Inception and its surely a nice inspiration for such a game. Bottom line, DmC looks outstanding!

Gameplay: I'll try to be as objective and to the point as I can here for there is a lot to be said. Ask me anything I didn't cover and I'll do the best I can to explain. To begin with, the gameplay looks like Devil May Cry but the controls are Heavenly Sword with a jump button and DMC as the theme. If you disagree, you're only lying to yourself. I found myself trying to lock on constantly only to end up using the evade button (which are the right and left shoulder buttons btw). HOWEVER, this isn't a bad thing depending on how you look at it. Personally, I'm willing to learn and master this new fighting mechanic. Its pretty complex, interesting, and becomes fun when you get the hang of it. For original franchise players who jump cancel, lock on constantly, and string their moves fluidly like I do, we have to basically relearn how to play Devil May Cry the Ninja Theory way. This is where the divide of players will most likely occur for sure.

The platforming does not feel forced at all. Rather than being a "from point A to B" obstacle, its pretty natural with the world of limbo. Over turn was a nice demo that had both even platforming and combat without having too much or too little of either. It was "just right". I look forward to gliding and grappling around limbo next year.

I also want to add to this 30fps controversy because it is actually something worth mentioning. After playing the demo, there was definitely a feel of inferior combat fluidity versus the last four games (30fps vs 60fps). It wasn't overwhelming to notice but this game would play much better if it ran at 60 fps obviously. With that said, I think I'll wait for the PC version. Alex Jones stated at the discussion panel that the PC version will run at 60fps so its definitely the best choice to go PC over console in this case. Yes, Alex Jones CONFIRMED DmC on PC will run at 60 fps. Go figure.

The ranking system is job well done in my book. It wasn't as easy as I thought it would be to get a SSS rank. An S alone was somewhat of a challenge but I managed it during the Poison boss fight. The damage taken during that fight was DmC difficulty worthy. i didn't think I would but I died on my first try with Poison. It was mostly due to not being well acquainted with the controls but it just goes to show this game isn't asked to be beaten easily.

Overall, this game is a solid by for me on PC. The console version plays nicely at 30fps, don't get me wrong. I would just rather enjoy this game with my power rig rather than a console."

Link: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/605600-dmc-devil-may-cry/64327876
Awesome review of the demo. Is she going to post discussion about what they showed at the DmC panel today?

Devil Player

Yeah, she said that Jones confirmed that Mundus is the villain of the entire game. He confirmed the 60 fps version for PC.

Game will be in depth about Dante's origin and the story around his life. They did show a monologue where he recites about his youth into young adult hood and how he became the way he is. There might be a record on youtube soon... They also revealed that Mundus is the King of Underworld rather than the Prince of Darkness. I can't wait!!! :)

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Yeah, she said that Jones confirmed that Mundus is the villain of the entire game. He confirmed the 60 fps version for PC.

Game will be in depth about Dante's origin and the story around his life. They did show a monologue where he recites about his youth into young adult hood and how he became the way he is. There might be a record on youtube soon... They also revealed that Mundus is the King of Underworld rather than the Prince of Darkness. I can't wait!!! :)
Awesome! Was the monologue apart of the game?

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
That's what I want to know. It should be, though.

So, it seems that the final boss is really Mundus, as he is the villain of the game. I smell a cliffhanger hinting at a evil Vergil, lol, for the next game.
Well good to hear that Mundus is confirmed as the King of the Underworld.
I also feel like Vergil will switch sides by the end of the game.Can you say seeeeequuuueeeeeelllll?

Devil Player

Well good to hear that Mundus is confirmed as the King of the Underworld.
I also feel like Vergil will switch sides by the end of the game.Can you say seeeeequuuueeeeeelllll?

Hopefully yes!!!! ;)

More info: "At the panel discussion, they told us about how Capcom Japan came to Capcom America to re-invent Devil May Cry from the ground up. Dom Matthews from NT went through a power point presentation on how they approached the re-imagining of Devil May Cry. What bothered me the most was how they tried to define "cool". It was such an awkward moment where they could've just said "We want to reflect contemporary fashion, music, and media culture from the West rather than the East in DmC." Rather than admit to what they are actually doing, they took the condescending route and said "We needed to show coolness in the west. Because in the East, their cool is so flamboyant and too Japanesey. Western people like Western stuff. Eastern stuff isn't cool." They even put OG Dante photo shopped into a still shot scene from Fight Club to get their point across! LOL"

Devil Player

Sorry for the double post, but it seems that Bloody Palace will be in the game, but with a new name. Maybe a arena mode, I guess.

About Vergil being playable, Jones said: " We're seeing what you guys like, so keep your hopes up and maybe we'll make something happen".

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Hopefully yes!!!! ;)

More info: "At the panel discussion, they told us about how Capcom Japan came to Capcom America to re-invent Devil May Cry from the ground up. Dom Matthews from NT went through a power point presentation on how they approached the re-imagining of Devil May Cry. What bothered me the most was how they tried to define "cool". It was such an awkward moment where they could've just said "We want to reflect contemporary fashion, music, and media culture from the West rather than the East in DmC." Rather than admit to what they are actually doing, they took the condescending route and said "We needed to show coolness in the west. Because in the East, their cool is so flamboyant and too Japanesey. Western people like Western stuff. Eastern stuff isn't cool." They even put OG Dante photo shopped into a still shot scene from Fight Club to get their point across! LOL"
images

I can only imagine what ****ed off fanboys will say about this. Now NT has gone back to 2010 again.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Sorry for the double post, but it seems that Bloody Palace will be in the game, but with a new name. Maybe a arena mode, I guess.

About Vergil being playable, Jones said: " We're seeing what you guys like, so keep your hopes up and maybe we'll make something happen".
! Where was there mention of the bloody palace mode!?

Serial Killer Dante

Wielder of Dante's Soul

Gilgamesh was blind in one eye.

Paexie

Oh boy... there they go again. I guess they don't realize that some people really like the flamboyant, japanese looking stuff huh? OH BOY.

Devil Player

! Where was there mention of the bloody palace mode!?

When he was asked about Bloody Palace, Jones and the crew teased the public, by saying it would have a different name.

The user said that the monologue scene was basically a 1 or 2 minutes video cell rendered drawings from scenes of Dante's life before the events of DmC. The voice actor for Dante was narrating it

Top Bottom