• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

News and Updates (No Personal Posts)

berto

I Saw the Devil
More spoilers from another 'leak' which are unconfirmed, so, grain of salt and all that jazz.

>There are three scenarios, one for each character with ten missions each. You can play them in any order, but Nero's is the first chronologically. Once you complete them all, you'll unlock the endgame scenario in which you play as all three in different missions.

>Vergil isn't playable in the base game, but Nero does get to use Yamato later on. Vergil will probably get a DLC expansion similar to what was done in DmC.

>"V" gives a different answer for his name each time he's asked what it stands for. He's a much more "vulnerable" character than the rest of the cast. He was an orphan adopted by Nico's family, and at a young age he discovered that he had a spiritual connection with the demon world. His tattoos are identical to Nico's as a symbol of appreciation for her raising him.

>"V" uses a magic staff or baton to summon monsters, and his different "weapons" are different classes of monsters such as demons, ghosts and angels that he recruits after defeating them in a boss fight.

>The way each character saves and upgrades is different. Dante and "V" will encounter classic DMC statues, while Nero finds hot spots where he can contact Nico.

>A training room similar to the one from DmC will be included.

>Alternate costumes make a return. Nero uses his appearance from DMC4, Dante's is completely original.

>If you hate Devil Trigger, then don't worry because Dante's battle theme is the typical Shootie HG fare. "V" has an orchestra rock styled theme.

>Here's the way dynamic music works. When you begin a battle, the song is an instrumental, and the lyrics will kick in once you raise your style ranking, followed by the chorus when you raise it even higher. At the higher rankings, the bass and instrumentation will be enhanced, at at SSS you can hear new parts of the song that aren't present normally, such as a solo or extra vocalizations. For example, the synth riff you hear in the full version of Devil Trigger.

I have more but they're, like, really, really, huge. The way people reacted to being spoiled I'm not sure I want to submit them to these.

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
So this says "Network Players 2-3"

Te52cVgf.jpg

Taking a page from Bayonetta 2's book with some online fun...? OOOOOOOR typo? That'd be a big typo.

Also, Mega Buster vignette.

Last edited:

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Does anyone know where this comes from?
1537445186658.png

Ps:
1537458090262.png

Last edited:

Erian1Mortal

Premium
https://store.steampowered.com/app/601150/Devil_May_Cry_5/
Steam Page is on

• MINIMUM:
    • Betriebssystem: WINDOWS® 7 (64-BIT Required)
    • Prozessor: Intel® Core™ i7-4770 3.4GHz or better
    • Arbeitsspeicher: 8 GB RAM
    • Grafik: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX760 or better
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Speicherplatz: 35 GB verfügbarer Speicherplatz
    • Zusätzliche Anmerkungen: *Controllers recommended *Internet connection required for game activation.
  • Recommended:
    • Betriebssystem: WINDOWS® 7 (64-BIT Required)
    • Prozessor: Intel® Core™ i7-4770 3.4GHz or better
    • Arbeitsspeicher: 8 GB RAM
    • Grafik: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX960 or better
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Speicherplatz: 35 GB verfügbarer Speicherplatz
    • Zusätzliche Anmerkungen: *Controllers recommended *Internet connection required for game activation.
Pretty low on requirements are we?

berto

I Saw the Devil
Where? I couldn't find them.
It was around the time it happened. Check the archive. There is one right now.
Does anyone know where this comes from?
1537445186658.png
Nico made them a marital aid? No, I don't know where it came from and I don't know that I want to know. I feel rather unsettled about this whole thing... She could've at least made it look more presentable.

Amazon.jp preorder bonus:
Monkey Business:
img.jpg

img_02.jpg

A better look at the alt color outfits:
privilege_img01_pc.jpg

@Ronin
Here you go. Full render:
chara.png

chara.png

chara.png

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
Las nights live stream:

Doesn't actually start till after the 15 minute mark... You know, you guys could trim it after the stream...

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Let's be honest. This is nothing like DmC. At least, I didn't happen to come across anything very harsh, mostly just variations of "I don't like this," "this doesn't sound good," and "this doesn't fit at all," and like...a handful of "LMAO." However, I'm not quite sure it's exactly "digging up dirt" when you all it takes is a google search based entirely around wanting to know more about the band that will obviously bring up the controversy wit their singer.

I think it's wrong to demand an apology from Capcom because in no way does this warrant one, least of all from them. People talking about not wanting to purchase it...well I guess that does fall into the realm of DmC, but I didn't expect them to do anything about it. I would have figured we'd just have to stick with it like any other decision the devs make.

Yup this fanbase sure do have their priorities straight. Still waiting on these sheeps to get together and express discomfort with Nero's DB system as it is but I doubt they have the testicles to go against their lord and savior Itsuno-sama and will just "deal with it".........uuggghhhh.

As for the song after the trailer it was warming up to me. I've listened to various instrumental or shortened version that cuts out all the gargled nonsense and the instruments are really nice and when you lower the vocals and its layered over gameplay its very bearable. I don't know about the music production process but will it take a while to produce one new song and edit it to have it work with the style system?

I expect at the very least they'll just get a new vocalist and replace the old vocals and maybe edit the beat a bit to go with the mew vocals. The issue everyone had was the vocals and the composers aren't in any hot water although the lead composer might be a hot head.

That looks nothing like Ifrit, though. Neither does that boss look like Alastor >_>

Its not its a new weapon named Balrog.

latest

Oops wrong Balrog

the_balrog_of_morgoth_by_jamesbousema-dc42v4x.jpg

That lightning demon is probably the boss that gives you the bike since the bike also emits purple electricity.

I doubt Itsuno would bring back old weapons that aren't story relevant but these do serve as homages to DMC1.

Dante's weapons so far parallels DMC1: Force Edge/Rebellion, Sparda, Fire Gauntlets (Ifrit/Balrog), and a lightning based melee weapon (Alastor/Cavalier). Then there is E&I and a shotgun so he will probably get something that parallels a grenade launcher and Nightmare.

Last edited:
Reactions: gmc

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Dante's four core Styles will return.

devil5_012_cs1w1_420x280.jpg

Swordmaster

devil5_013_cs1w1_420x280.jpg

Royal Guard

devil5_014_cs1w1_420x280.jpg

Gunslinger

devil5_015_cs1w1_420x280.jpg

Trickster​

A little disappointed by that, given wanting his control scheme to not feel like clunky ass, but what can I do? At least there was no need for Royal Guard; it never fit Dante's personality. He was always a trickster, a gunslinger, and a swordmaster, but...he's not someone who guards, it's the most passive thing a raucous ninja turtle who loves fighting could do. Oh well, now I know which Styles I'll never use! Again...

Last edited:

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Good eye. And that sounds damn clunky, as if O would literally just let you switch between hands or feet. Dante, the king of clunk~

Man, E&I don't even sound like they used to :/

Changing stances via an input sounds like a Fighting Game to me (like Tekken, DOA, etc). I was expecting that really. You basically have 2 weapons at once sounds perfect for me.

Also...

https://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/1144346.html

Someone translated this via Google Translate and this came out.

Capcom is September 21, at the Tokyo Game Show 2018, "Devil May Cry 5 (below, DMC5)" was carried out stage events.

In stage events continue to yesterday Okabe MakotoTeru's producer, also Matthew Walker's producer, and is Hideaki Tsuno Italy's director on stage. Already of equipment and combat systems of playable characters that have a completely different fighting style is the "Nero," "Dante" of this film hero that has been introduced details have been published. When the E3 trailer Unlike the visual of the (left), Dante trimmed the beard and hair. That the reason for this is told in on the story In accordance with the collaboration of the "Rockman", which was introduced yesterday, the venue came the Rockman Selectively using various weapons, Dante fight stylish

Dante Speaking of familiar love sword "Rebellion" and 2 akimbo "Ebony and Ivory". Also it seems to fight the two weapons in the main this time, but the magic sword "Spada" which appeared in the past work also appeared. Furthermore, this time the new weapon "Balrog" was also published. By the way, that of the also Dante of weapons still appear in addition to these.

Devil of the power of the flame was lodged "Balrog" a weapon that specializes in close combat, there has been the main punch to full use of the skills and kicking "Blow mode", "kick mode". Blow mode is a trouble-oriented, go increases the firepower enough to attack, in the kick mode thing with strong kicking skills as the name can be used. Furthermore, it is possible to custom the switching order of the weapons in this work, Ikeru by Nagitaoshi the enemy in the stylish set to only order of their own. Only it never has been functional in the previous work, thankfully for past work player. The proximity specialized weapons "Balrog". By the way, the "Balrog" thing of that taken from the image of the overseas version of Street Fighter characters (bison referred to in the Japanese name)

In addition, appeared from the "DMC3", "style" is also continuing implementation. Like its predecessor, it is possible to fight while switching the various fighting style in real time. In the video we were fighting while switching and prevent attacks specializing in "Royal Guard" and sword "Sword Master". Annual "Devil Trigger" also exists, seems to be able to manipulate the Dante was a certain period of time "Majin of". Unleashed the demon of power Dante became "Majin Dante". With exhibits super-power, resilience is expressed. Or used to kick about a small fish, or ...... when to activate or set aside until the pinch is up to players. After that prevented the opponent's attack, Komu hit a powerful blow "Royal Guard". It was also taken care of in the past work Also published image design of Dante

This time, also published image design of Dante and the new weapon "Cavalier Moltrasio". "Majin Dante" of transition and Devil trigger activation time of Dante's design, is a new weapon, such as design rough, such as is also the bike "Cavalier Moltrasio" has been published. From the first one that has been drawn under the attempt to "Let's out the design of a variety of Dante", similar to the second sheet of Dante and almost present form. Then, the third piece of Dante, which was almost complete form

In addition, as a development secret story, because the camera is looking down point of view, and it has gradually reduce adjust the size of Dante's head from the design stage, design draft of a sudden I asked a new weapon to the designer, "Cavalier Moltrasio" has been sent it has been told. The deaths set of "Cavalier Moltrasio" because payment products to Nero, which are written in the design proposal. Door to gradually current design from here went packed Character of this work is taken asked to wear a costume to a real actor. Things that cause from there to 3D

"DMC5" The thing with the schedule is scheduled to stage even after tomorrow, that further additional information will be announced. We want to pay attention to future developments.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
regarding V falling down I hope that wont be a problem when we play as him, im thinking the disability thing is an act since in the tgs trailer hes acting rather cocky for someone with a walking problem

Can you imagine though?:laugh:

Considering what they did to Nero and his Devil Breakers I wouldn't be surprised if Itsuno decides to limit V in someway too now. Yikes that would make Dante the only guy with no limiting gameplay mechanic.

Its almost like Dante went into Itsuno office asked him to cripple Nero and V to avoid them stealing his spotlight.:D

Also

https://gfycat.com/seriouswindyblacklemur
Dante can enter a stance with Balrog Punch Mode where he can instantly dodge attacks. Same applies with Kick Mode,

6gCGKPA.gif

Just love the level of attention to detail. Apparently the Balrog dodging and Royal Guard blocking is animated to match the exact enemies attack movement.

I'm surprised noone here brought up how identical this guy looks like Nelo Angelo

fgcn8dS.png

buS6ClM.jpg

GregaMan

Hi! Long time no talk, everyone. For your reading pleasure, here's a less horrendous translation of that Game Watch article. There's not a ton of juice there, but those Google translations just make my blood vessels revolt. If I have time I'll try to do this periodically when Japan gets the good intel before us. @TWOxACROSS edited this translation, fyi.

-------
[From this article: https://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/1144346.html. Go there for all the images that accompany the captions.]

On September 21st, Capcom held an on-stage event at the Tokyo Game Show for Devil May Cry 5 (DMC5).

Picking up where they left off yesterday, today’s stage event featured producers Michiteru Okabe and Matthew Walker, along with Director Hideaki Itsuno, who offered in-depth explanations of the equipment and combat systems for Dante, a playable character who joins the already introduced protagonist Nero with his own, completely distinct fighting style.

Caption: Left to right: Producer Michiteru Okabe, Producer Matthew Walker, Director Hideaki Itsuno

Caption: Dante sported a different look from that shown off in the E3 trailer, his hair and beard more kempt. This will be explained in the story.

Caption: Apropos of yesterday’s Mega Man collaboration reveal, Mega Man showed up on-site.

Switch between an arsenal of weapons and fight with style as Dante
You can’t bring up Dante without bringing up his trusty sword Rebellion and dual pistols, Ebony & Ivory. These will once again return as his main weapons, as will the “Sparda” sword introduced in past installments. Also revealed was the new “Balrog” weapon. And yes, Dante will have more weapons to come.

The “Balrog” is a close-range weapon imbued with the power of a fire demon, and has both a punching mode (“Blow Mode”) and a mode that employs kicking techniques (“Kick Mode”). Blow Mode emphasizes hit count, increasing in firepower the more attacks you perform, while Kick Mode lets you perform powerful kick moves, just like it sounds. Additionally, in DMC5 you’ll be able to customize your weapon switching order, setting your very own loadout for stylishly defeating foes. As a feature unavailable in past installments, this is welcome news for returning players.

Caption: The close-range weapon “Balrog.” The name was taken from the overseas name of the Street Fighter (known in Japan as Bison).
The “Style” system introduced in DMC3 has also returned. As with the last game in the series, players will be able to switch between fighting styles in real time. The footage showed Dante switching during combat between the defensive “Royal Guard” and sword-centric “Swordmaster,” among others. The standby “Devil Trigger” is also back, allowing you to take control of Dante in his “devilized” [Translator’s note: from 魔人化(majinka)] form for a duration of time.

Caption: Dante unleashes his demonic power to become “Devil Trigger Dante,” giving him immense power as well as healing capabilities. Use it to obliterate the small fries or to get yourself out of a pinch…it’s entirely up to the player.

Caption: Block the enemy’s attack and then hit them with a powerful blow using the “Royal Guard.” This certainly came in handy for me in past installments.

Showing Dante’s Concept Designs
On this occasion, they revealed concept designs for Dante as well as his new weapon, the Cavalier. They presented some of the changes to Dante’s design as well as his Devil Trigger form, along with some rough concept sketches of the Cavalier, his new motorcycle weapon.
Caption: The first image is one of several various new designs proposed, while the second is Dante almost as he already was. The third image is the nearly finalized design.

They also offered a few behind-the-scenes tidbits, such as the process of gradually shrinking Dante’s head from the design phase due to the high camera angles, and about the designer who randomly sent over the Cavalier design after being tasked with devising a new weapon.

Caption: “A support item for Nero”—one of the vetoed concepts for the “Cavalier”. This gradually turned into the Cavalier’s present design.

Caption: To create this game’s characters, they placed real-life actors in costume and took photographs. These were scanned and then rendered into 3D models.

DMC5 will return to the stage in the coming days of the event, with more info to come. We’ll definitely be tuning in.

------------
<3

Top Bottom