• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

No Plans for Devil May Cry!

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
I wouldn't mind Screen Gems making the movie, since I have a guilty infatuation with the Underworld films (can't wait for Underworld: Next Generation, btw), and I'd love to see them make DMC/DmC movie in the same format. But much like the actual games, the secret to preserving its quality is a good writer. It's what separates the marginal sophistication of the Underworld movies from the absolute drivel that are the Resident Evil movies.

Keep W.S. Anderson's tendrils off this adaptation, and maybe it has a sporting chance at being good.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
No plans for a DMC movie? I'm pretty sure we were talking about the future of the games, right? Oh well, I'm sure we could discuss all things DMC related.

Honestly, I'm not bothered either way at this point about Devil May Cry's future. I mean, yes, I'd love a DMC 5. But we don't even know if we'd get that and not another remaster.

And, worse...DmC 2 (Oh that'd certainly shake things up)...

We've been waiting long enough for a DMC 5, that's why people are complaining. Not that it won't ever happen, it's just taking forever to happen. That's the problem -_-

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Its a possibility a new DMC game might be announced but I'm guessing its not gonna be announced next year (maybe the year after).

I could be wrong tho (I would enjoy being wrong this time) but there is no guarantee it'll be a DMC5 that goes in a direction you want.

I don't think actually having the movie being made would help in terms of sales because we haven't seen videogame adaptations affecting sales yet (the Prince of Persia one might be a good test case)

It might push DMC into being adapted in other mediums like comics (DC did buy the rights to do a DMC comic series back in 2009) which could be cool.

The problem with animation is its more niche in the States so live action would be better. Its not as hard as people think since they did Hellboy relatively well so the classic DMC doesn't seem that hard.

I guess most of the kickback would be if the filmmakers do a different take on DMC and Capcom might angle the next game towards it if they like it (synergy).

berto

I Saw the Devil
Well, debate about the validity of that statement it seems like youtube has a few number of responses to it. There are some angry ones, some passive ones and a few funny ones.

Example:

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
you know as much as i want to see DMC5
i would rather wait until Capcom has the money to give it a big budget
so the game is actually capable of surpassing DMC 3 and 4

Sesha

Edit: Never mind. I just saw the topic for this. Pardon me for my hastiness. I guess I got too excited.

Last edited:

Sesha

So Capcom just announced Sengoku Basara - Sanada Yukimura-den, a spinoff title for PS3 and PS4, with a planned Summer 2016 release.

Remember that Kobayashi was explicitly asked about potential Sengoku Basara spin-offs or anime titles? And that he said that was "undecided".

Devil Player

I wouldn't mind a DMC 2 remake, following the RE remake style.

I liked DMC 2 and I know I'm in the minority, in that regard. However, I felt it needed a ton of things. It had everything it needed, to be a good sequel. The execution wasn't that good. Combat was laughable and enemies could be beaten with 3 hits, lol.

Besides, it was also way too short. Both Dante's and Lucia's campaigns were short and laughable.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Remake it with 4's combat and styles and DMC2 would be epic if you put the wll running and flips into the trickster style and allowed the on the fly style switching like in 4.Add new weapons and boom you got one hell pf a game especially if it gets mt frameworks graphics.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Remake it with 4's combat and styles and DMC2 would be epic if you put the wll running and flips into the trickster style and allowed the on the fly style switching like in 4.Add new weapons and boom you got one hell pf a game especially if it gets mt frameworks graphics.

Can we also get a redub of the voices, a better written story, better set up of levels, better difficulty, etc.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Ya the level design would have to change anduse reuben but with a bit of an older sounding voice.There would have to be a few retcons too.The enemies would have to be a lot tougher too but the bosses could stay the same but be given way more moves and be tougher and more aggressive in there attacks.

WolfOD64

Can we also get a redub of the voices, a better written story
Call me crazy, but I just don't see Reuben's voice for someone as brooding and contemplative as DMC2 Dante. I'd actually rather someone stand in for Reuben just this one time...for proper portrayal's sake, if nothing else.

As for better-written story, well...if it can be up to DMC1 or DMC4's tier of writing, I suppose it would be acceptable. As long as it wouldn't try to replicate the cringetacular tripe that was DMC3's story.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
As for better-written story, well...if it can be up to DMC1 or DMC4's tier of writing, I suppose it would be acceptable. As long as it wouldn't try to replicate the cringetacular tripe that was DMC3's story.

Ugh. To each his own, but the opposite for me, really. DMC1 can go, but no soulless DMC4 kinda script.

May the fans' wait for the return of DMC3's kind of awesomeness finally end. But in a new game. Had enough or rereleases.

Last edited:

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Reuban could work if he just toned down the crazyness party boy attitude for a more mature and reserved dante like in DMC1 bur keep his cockyness in battle and taunting needs to return.

WolfOD64

Reuban could work if he just toned down the crazyness party boy attitude for a more mature and reserved dante like in DMC1 bur keep his cockyness in battle and taunting needs to return.
That would work, if only the writers at Capcom would give him that kind of direction. They were too lazy to give a concrete description of Dante's personality in 3, to the point where Reuben himself had to essentially inject his own spin on the character's portrayal in-game (and we all know how THAT turned out).

The best bet we have is if Capcom lets some outside studio handle the story for them. It would certainly be better than Bingo Morihashi dry-humping the script with every anime cliche known to man.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
and we all know how THAT turned out

Yup. It turned out awesome and set Reuben as Dante's most iconic portrayer making tge character reach its popularity peak but if DMC2 were to be remade, it's highly improbable they would hire Reuben again for that Dante, in my opinion. I think they would hire a completely new guy. They did it with Lady in DMC4SE after all.

Last edited:

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
tim phillips could voice him nicely..

right guys? guys??

*singing all by myself

Top Bottom