• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Positive Features From DmC To Be Used In DMC5 And Vice Versa

Should DmC2 Be Moved To Handhelds?

• Yes

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • No

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 7 43.8%

• Total voters

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I decided to write a little bit on how some of the better parts used to create DmC could be used to help create DMC5. Or the combat used in DMC3/4 could (and very well should) be used to create DmC2.

Personally, I think DmC2 should be made on handhelds like the 3/2Ds and Vita, that way the main console market can be completely open to DMC5.

This way, everyone gets what they want.

-----------------------------------------------

Positive DmC traits:

"Continuing Combos With Weapon Switching"

In the old series, you had to start your combo all over again every time you changed your weapon.

In DmC, you could continue using the same combo, even when changing weapons.

I think this feature should definitely be used in DMC5.

------------------------------------------------

Limbo Effects.

*SPOILERS*

In DMC3 (after the end of Mission 13), there was a cutscene where the Temen-ni-gru tower would change and you would be able to explore different environments from Mission 14 onwards.

Personally, I think the importance of this feature cannot be overstated.

The backgrounds should be able to change in real-time, especially now that next-gen (PS4/ Xbone) has more than enough horsepower to enable the game developers to do so.

This feature could also be used to switch from the normal exploration screen to "battle-screens" in jrpgs (and action-rpgs that use this feature, like Yakuza) in real-time, as well.

--------------------------------------------------

Features from DMC3/4 to be used in DmC2.

The combat used in DMC3/4 should definitely be used in DmC2. Without delay.

Other than that, I'm not really sure what other features developers could use to enhance DmC2.

Also, since having two major console releases would be too expensive, I propose that DmC2 should be moved on to handhelds.

Think of it as my way of "keeping the peace" amongst fans on both sides of the spectrum.

--------------------------------------------------

Well, that's it, really. I have no further comment at the moment. Feel free to state your thoughts below.

-------------------------------------------------

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
great points and ideas there lads with dmc3/4 elements in dmc2 it would be a great game i would love to see the rebellion ophion pulls in DMC5 and the platforming element and the finding of something similar to lost souls and keys as it adds to it so you are not just fighting through each mission. For dmc2 id love to see taunts back and something not seen before like dual wielding devil arms.

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
Got an idea for controls:
If it's Dante:
PS3 (Xbox360 users, know the equivalent of these):
L stick - move player
R stick - move camera whenever in free camera movement areas
Square - gun
Triangle - melee
Circle - release guard energy
X - jump
L1 - guard
R1 - lock-on
L2 - switch gun
R2 - switch Devil Arm
L1 + L stick - dodge

Thoughts on this? Agree or disagree? Praise or criticism? Fire away!

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Got an idea for controls:
If it's Dante:
PS3 (Xbox360 users, know the equivalent of these):
L stick - move player
R stick - move camera whenever in free camera movement areas
Square - gun
Triangle - melee
Circle - release guard energy
X - jump
L1 - guard
R1 - lock-on
L2 - switch gun
R2 - switch Devil Arm
L1 + L stick - dodge

Thoughts on this? Agree or disagree? Praise or criticism? Fire away!

for DMC5 or Dmc2 ?

MigsRZXAStylish

for DMC5 or Dmc2 ?

Both.

For DMC5, it would be all the four Styles Dante has to offer combined in one control.
For DmC, it would have a lock-on feature like the old ones as what everyone are used to not to mention defending yourself and store and release rage energy AKA guard energy to deal damage.

Also, I would like to add special inputs:
Square+X: gun special
Triangle+circle: Devil Arm ultimate technique (ex. Rebellion's ultimate technique is Dance Macabre)

I also want DmC Dante's DT to be less overpowered and be more balanced.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Both.

For DMC5, it would be all the four Styles Dante has to offer combined in one control.
For DmC, it would have a lock-on feature like the old ones as what everyone are used to not to mention defending yourself and store and release rage energy AKA guard energy to deal damage.

Also, I would like to add special inputs:
Square+X: gun special
Triangle+circle: Devil Arm ultimate technique (ex. Rebellion's ultimate technique is Dance Macabre)

I also want DmC Dante's DT to be less overpowered and be more balanced.

sounds pretty interesting could work well too

MigsRZXAStylish

I've always wanted to see a snake sword type devil arm or a speedy rapier. Or if you wanna go real crazy, bear with me on this one... a giant coffin.

A coffin? Now you're reminding me of Gungrave where Beyond the Grave uses a coffin and inside it contains various weapons. I feel it would either be Pandora from DMC4 all over again or something new...

DMCGamer1989

A coffin? Now you're reminding me of Gungrave where Beyond the Grave uses a coffin and inside it contains various weapons. I feel it would either be Pandora from DMC4 all over again or something new...

Something like that, like an iron maiden coffin with chains and spikes, the kind of weapon that has these cool torture themes, like Pandora somewhat but also a little different. Kinda like the anime CubexCursedxCurious

IncarnatedDemon

jv3xqc.jpg

1z2qcra.jpg

On a serious note, i would appreciate that DmC will not have any influence on a DMC5.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
the gameplay of the two series should mostly develop in different directions but a few features should be added:
DmC to DMC5
  1. finding extra things during the mission and getting a completion score instead of being scored based on how many red orbs you find
  2. autosave
  3. being able to continue from checkpoints
  4. being able to continue combo's after switching weapons
  5. integration of style moves into the moveset instead of switching styles with the D-pad.
  6. switching weapons with the D-pad
  7. separate screen for secret missions.
  8. the existence of angels and nephilim (but Dante should still not be one of them)
  9. effort put into a coherent story.
DMC to DmC2
  1. replacing Evade with Trickster moves
  2. replacing the single move Launch/Special attack button with something like Swordmaster (with the launcher move as the most basic move)
  3. replacing the single gun special move with Gunslinger moves
  4. adding in Royal Guard moves.
oh and both games should be released on all next gen consoles (including the Wii U)

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
DmC had some really cool things I'd want to see incorporated regardless of the version from now on.

-Limbo or something like it. It made traversing the world a lot more interesting and fun.

-The improved platforming sections because DMC was always DREADFUL when it came to incorporating platforming.

-The lack of styles. I was never a big fan of them and I like the hybrid DmC has.

-Similar control schemes. The control scheme for DmC was comfortable and fun. The mechanics for DmC feel great.

-The training mode. (preferably with customization options. Customizing your own training routines) The training mode is a great idea in general.

-The better soundtrack. I know it's all subjective because we have our own taste in music but, I personally preferred some tracks on DmC better than any other game in the series. DMC usually has that one industrial rock song stuck on an infinite loop. Gets old, gets boring. DmC had variety and really had this hardcore soundtrack to get you in an a$$ kicking mood. When I wasn't just listening to my own music I was also jamming to Combichrist's Never Surrender and No Redemption.

My biggest gripes with DmC is things like the color coded enemies, lackluster boss fights, and how overall it isn't as punishing as other games in the series. DmC is still a strong and fun game to play but, I also still play the originals for nostalgic heartstrings and because they can give me things DmC couldn't realize completely.

A little polish and DmC could seriously be the best Devil May Cry ever. It's got great ideas for the future of this series. I just wish it was realized a little bit better. I don't care what anyone says.

I also still love the originals to this day but, I can't act like DMC does everything right because seriously it just doesn't.

Muh`Sword

*REVVING INTENSIFIES*
I would definitely love the shape shifting environments from DmC to be added in DMC5.
It would be even great if there are secret events that would lead to an alternate room/alternate boss.

I'm still hoping that If they're going make a DMC5, they should keep the style system and the gameplay mechanics. But I think It would be pretty hard to make a lot of new concepts for the move list since the move list and mechanics in DMC4 were pretty stellar.

The combat in DmC was pretty ok for me. But It wasn't really fluid. I mean, in terms of air time. All you do is spam some grabs and boom. OP as ****. Same thing with the enemy step. It's way beyond broken.

So what I really want in DmC2 or DMC5 is
Keep the style system from DMC4
Keep the air time restriction from DMC4
More Interactive Environments
More balanced score system
And more Gunslinger moves :D

And what would I hate is
Checkpoints. It really defeats the point of buying Vital stars and Yellow Orbs

I would definitely love the shape shifting environments from DmC to be added in DMC5.
It would be even great if there are secret events that would lead to an alternate room/alternate boss.

I'm still hoping that If they're going make a DMC5, they should keep the style system and the gameplay mechanics. But I think It would be pretty hard to make a lot of new concepts for the move list since the move list and mechanics in DMC4 were pretty stellar.

The combat in DmC was pretty ok for me. But It wasn't really fluid. I mean, in terms of air time. All you do is spam some grabs and boom. OP as ****. Same thing with the enemy step. It's way beyond broken.

So what I really want in DmC2 or DMC5 is
Keep the style system from DMC4
Keep the air time restriction from DMC4
More Interactive Environments
More balanced score system
And more Gunslinger moves :D

And what would I hate is
Checkpoints. It really defeats the point of buying Vital stars and Yellow Orbs

Combat in DmC not fluid? I'd like ya to watch this, DmC has a fantastic combat system, and the styles are all there, they're not just called styles anymore, you have access to about 90% of the stuff from DMC3 and 4. The only thing missing is Twosome time, which I hope they bring back.

Top Bottom