• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Power Wise.... is Nero at the end of DMC 4

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
DMC1 Dante is hinted to have surpassed Sparda himself. I don't think Nero is at that level at all. Not even close to it.

Yeah I'd second the idea he's more like at DMC3 Dante level.

Second? You mean quadruple the notion that he is, since we're all in agreement here lol

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Didn't one of the producers say that end game DMC4 nero was the same level as DMC3 dante and that is the level I believe him to be at.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Definitely up with DMC3 Dante. However not past DMC3 Dante. Nero may have power, yamato, and that arm, but he doesn't have Dante's hand-eye coordination, nor as much agility. Then again, he did run across echidina as if gravity didn't exist.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I'd say a little above DMC1 Dante. If Dante could beat back Mundus but have trouble with the Savior just like Nero did, I have a feeling Nero could fight Mundus on even terms.

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
Who knows how Nero would've fared against the non-corrupt Savior at full power, but I doubt it would've been pretty. Nero got captured by the Savior very easily too.

IIRC, DMC3 Dante might've been able to beat Arkham without Vergil's help... and Arkham had some of Sparda's power. If we assume Sanctus is roughly on the same level as Arkham since he also has some of Sparda's (spoiled?) power, and Nero is able to beat him fairly easily, then I think we can assume that Nero is slightly stronger than DMC3 Dante at the end of DMC4.
He's clearly far weaker than DMC4 Dante, though (''you look as if you've been playing me from the beginning'') and there's probably still a drastic difference between the two at the end of DMC4. So far we've not gotten any indication that Dante is much more powerful than he was in DMC1, and DMC4 only takes place a few years after DMC1, supposedly without any world-endingly powerful types of bosses in between.

So, stronger than DMC3 Dante, but still far weaker than DMC4 Dante, and weaker than DMC1 Dante. How much weaker than DMC1 Dante is still the question, because Nero does get help from Vergil's soul. So for all we know, DMC3 Vergil's experience combines with Nero's.

Last edited:

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
Personally I think he's around the range of Devil May Cry 3 Dante. DMC 1 Dante would absolutely smash Nero considering Dante kind of soloed Mundus, the demon GOD, and surpassed his father. I don't see Nero ever really getting to the level of DMC 1 Dante any time soon in the continuity.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I've said this once or twice, Nero has raw brute strength, that alone doesn't cut it. While Nero has the muscle and Trish has the demonic power I don't think either of them could take out Dante on the basis that he's taken on beings who were both. Dante might not have the muscle or demonic power the other two have but he has the skill, experience, and intelligence to deal with opponents who do.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@berto: Nero's strength, his muscle, is thanks to the Devil Bringer (which we know nothing about) Dante's got enough strength and power to deal with enemies, but I think Nero will grow strength wise also. But we're not here to discuss that anyway.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I don't think so. Neither Sanctus, nor the False Savior seemed as powerful as Mundus.

Perhaps if Nero had been the one fighting the Savior instead of Dante then maybe I would have agreed.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Let's not forget though, that even DMC1 Dante needed a power boost help to beat Mundus, and even then, couldn't kill him, only seal him away again.

DanteSparda08

The mind is stronger than any muscle in your body.
He still comes of as a Novice...don't get me wrong he's capable of doing some serious Damage, but I feel like he's just lashing out and not properly taking the time to master his abilities, the way he should be capable of....Yes he's just a kid and still learning but all that time with Credo and the Order, still hasn't properly prepeared him with dangerous situations.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
DMC3 Dante probably since they're about the same age. Maybe a little lower (I see Nero's inability to actually transform into a demon when he Devil Triggers as a sign his demonic blood may not be fully awakened).
Though I think his devil bringer makes up for it.

Gray Knight

I believe he should be at par with DMC1 dante before dante got sparda in that game. Do note he's only there because it seems like he's leaning on yamato like a crutch for his powers, without yamato I'm not sure where he'd fall.

Top Bottom