• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Pretend that Capcom released DMC5 last month and....

Would you play DMC5 if it was out instead of DmC?

• Yes

Votes: 29 67.4%
  • Yes, but I would rent it

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Don't care

Votes: 5 11.6%

• Total voters

GF9000000Returns

...never associated with Ninja Theory in the first place and DmC never existed, what would've happened. Would many of yall still play it.

For me, I would rent it since I know how Capcom is. How about you guys?

Onecrazymonkey1

I would rent it because I was pretty disappointed with DMC4 and felt that Capcom just didn't care anymore. I bought DmC after doing my own research on it and because I liked the changes so far (DmC kept it from getting stale in my opinion). If I rented a DMC 5 and liked it then I would by it.

Dante47

It depends on the direction it took, how certain mechanics worked, and how I as a fan felt it fit into the series.
If it didn't please me, I'd pitifully still buy it.
I just couldn't stand to see the story continue in the direction Devil May Cry 4 was taking it.

I'm sure the combat would be outstanding, I'm just not sure how the story would fare.

Powerstar7

I would play it at a friends house. If I liked it I would buy it and play both DmC and DMC5. Though overall I'd probably spend more time on DMC5 due to the combat system.

Mister Z

Changes avatars like they were t-shirts
It depends. I for one loved DMC4 (it's actually my favorite game of the whole series), but before buying it, I built up a judgment by watching gameplay videos, reading commentaries and reviews from many different sources and just then decided to buy it. I'd have done just the same with DMC5 (just like I did with DmC, only that with DmC we had the advantage of trying out a demo) and if I decided I wanted it then I'd surely have bought it. I was never expecting DMC4's story to be any improvement from past games so if DMC5's story would have been on the same level quality that'd have been just fine for me.

GF9000000Returns

It depends. I for one loved DMC4 (it's actually my favorite game of the whole series), but before buying it, I built up a judgment by watching gameplay videos, reading commentaries and reviews from many different sources and just then decided to buy it. I'd have done just the same with DMC5 (just like I did with DmC, only that with DmC we had the advantage of trying out a demo) and if I decided I wanted it then I'd surely have bought it. I was never expecting DMC4's story to be any improvement from past games so if DMC5's story would have been on the same level quality that'd have been just fine for me.

I could see the story for DMC5 predictable.

nightrunner_ks

You are not in control
If it only catered to the fans that think being "CUHRAZY" makes a good character, I'd pirate it.

If it had 20 fully fleshed out missions with a story that actually made sense, I would buy both DmC and DMC5.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
If Capcom didn't rush it like they did 4 then yes I would, but it would have been used. Capcom has lost my trust and my money, they would have to do 10 things to earn my wallet back.

Mister Z

Changes avatars like they were t-shirts
I could see the story for DMC5 predictable.
Disappointment comes from expectation (well, most of the time). I wouldn't be expecting anything impressive in DMC5's story, so long as I can have a blast killing demons like I did on past games, I'd be more happy to go with Dante on another of his outlandish missions.

That said, I'd agree with most people here that, being aware of how Capcom is handling things right now, the overall game would have been a huge disappointment.

Assuming, though, that the game looked good and all, then I return to what I said earlier.

Dante47

The more I think about it, Devil May Cry 5 was a huge missed opportunity.

Think about it.
Giving Dante a definitive personality, allowing the story to progress naturally and to let the characters develop without to much force, but also combine that with functional and highly complex, yet rewarding, gameplay.

EA9Sol

For Sanguinius!
I would first rent it. Seeing how DMC4 wasn't all that great. I'll test it out before spending $60 bucks on it or wait till it drops in prices. Why bother buying a game when it's just going to be all right?

I would be happy and on that same day a surprise trailer for Mega man Legends 3 is show straight after.
Capcom's glorious return.

Tameem will grumble "that's not cool" audience will laugh and say in unison "oh Tameem!!" And a sitcom edge and me starring Tameem is born, pilot episode screenings will commence the next day.

All this happens because of Devil may cry 5 being announced.

Dominus

If Itsuno directed it then yes I'd buy it day 1. He really made DMC combat the way we love it today..

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
It wouldn't be a buy but more so of playing a friends copy because I've lost all faith in Capcom a long time ago. They were at a total creative dead end with Devil May Cry 4 and I honestly can't give Capcom enough credit to create anything new or interesting and would probably be a rehash of the sh!t they think worked so much in 3. Dante would probably still be as shallow as ever with other characters that are all cardboard cut outs of the same type of generic anime characters we've seen 1000 times already. Also with another gothic castle somehow because Devil May Cry can only seem to make the same world all the time that never was anything special. I can just see DMC 5 being just more of the same.

I don't mind if the previous series returns one day but they NEED to adapt the kind of advances that DmC brought to the table because DmC did surpass the original in aspects and is definitely the most unique and original title out of the bunch. I'm in love with the aesthetics of the level design and overall world DmC takes place in. It shares a distinct identity that makes Devil May Cry look like it has started to adapt an identity all its own instead of literally being just a mix bag of so many other existing things. I will go as far as saying just the art direction of DmC is the most interesting and original design I've seen in a video game in a long time.Journey being the only other title in recent memory to impress me in that department.

YamatoWielder

Protector of Mankind
I would be happy and on that same day a surprise trailer for Mega man Legends 3 is show straight after.
Capcom's glorious return.

Tameem will grumble "that's not cool" audience will laugh and say in unison "oh Tameem!!" And a sitcom edge and me starring Tameem is born, pilot episode screenings will commence the next day.

All this happens because of Devil may cry 5 being announced.

REPORTED. :p

Top Bottom