• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Question relating to the whole series

Status
Not open for further replies.

mediumpower

Not worst, not best
Hmm...

I really really love DMC3. I started with it, and it's a wonderful wonderful action game and i'm hooked. I slugged through the intial difficulty and became quite good at it.

But i'm wondering, will I find the same enjoyment from the other two?

I've heard good things about the first, but lots of bad things about the second.

In relation to 3, how do they stack up?

I'm more then content to just play 3 all the many different ways, but more games ain't ever bad.

Dark Elf

Dagger user
DMC 3 is prequel to DMC 1 and DMC 2 events takes place after DMC 1. DMC 4 is between DMC and DMC 2.
As for gameplay... DMC 1 is cool to play. DMC 2 is... playable

HaveANiceDay

Serious business.
I have a bit exotic taste in games, whenever a game of a series was most hated, I loved it.
Like FF9 and FF8 were always my favourite ones ^^
To conclude it into a answer:
DMC2 is still one of my favourites, not only because it was my first one, no, it had the
special "something" I liked.While DMC 1 tried to build up a horror atmosphere DMC2 had the atmosphere of a B-movie.And everyone who watched a B-Horrormovie before knows of
the incredible fun to watch, just because they are so retarded^^
So, If you want excellent fighting and atmosphere, buy one and three, If you want to laugh
and fight huge masses of enemys without a problem, the second part is for you.Even though 2 was a lot easier, it had some more cool moves which didn't made their way to the first one.(You can walk at walls, in three too, but only with a "Style".)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom