• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Removing parts?

Bubbleberry

So, has anyone figured out how to remove certain textures? Like, neo dante, getting rid of the wraps. I mean, you can color them the same as the shirt, but they're still there. And the waist flap, too. Is it possible to remove those?

Drac0Gaming

Devils Never Cry
as far as I know there is no way to remove them. I tried to take of the waist flap for my deadpool mod but couldn't get it done.

Story

Actually, you can make SOME textures invisible by coloring their alpha layer pitch black in photoshop (open the texture, go "channels" select alpha layer, brush the whole thing black) However this only works for textures that already have an alpha layer set (you can create one for any texture, but it won't do anything, other than setting the whole thing white)
Some of the textures that I noticed that have an alpha layer: Dante's/Vergil's hair (as in my avatar) Kat's clothes/armband thingy. And, well, those are the ones i noticed, didn't really play around with much besides the main characters clothes. But you can easily determine if the texture has an alpha layer, when you are in logging mode in texmod and you browse the textures, when you select one that has an alpha layer, it will become invisible in-game, that's how i found out anyway.
Hope this helps

Bubbleberry

Actually, you can make SOME textures invisible by coloring their alpha layer pitch black in photoshop (open the texture, go "channels" select alpha layer, brush the whole thing black) However this only works for textures that already have an alpha layer set (you can create one for any texture, but it won't do anything, other than setting the whole thing white)
Some of the textures that I noticed that have an alpha layer: Dante's/Vergil's hair (as in my avatar) Kat's clothes/armband thingy. And, well, those are the ones i noticed, didn't really play around with much besides the main characters clothes. But you can easily determine if the texture has an alpha layer, when you are in logging mode in texmod and you browse the textures, when you select one that has an alpha layer, it will become invisible in-game, that's how i found out anyway.
Hope this helps

'Nuff said. xD

Story

:lol:
Sorry to dissapoint, but Kat doesn't wear anything beneath, and not in a hot sense, I mean in a "OMGWTF, Dat CHicks head is FLOATING" sense. (invisibru body)

Mister Z

Changes avatars like they were t-shirts
:lol:
Sorry to dissapoint, but Kat doesn't wear anything beneath, and not in a hot sense, I mean in a "OMGWTF, Dat CHicks head is FLOATING" sense. (invisibru body)

Looks like the game modellers saw the modders coming and planned ahead of them!

Top Bottom