• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Repeated JC Helm Breaker/ Aerial Cross/ etc on default jump/ attack?

Snarks

X/ A to jump, Triangle/ Y to attack. Is there a trick to getting it quickly and consistently? Especially with Aerial Cross, since you can do pretty serious damage rapidly jump-canceling it. Do you just align your thumb so it only hits attack and jump and start mashing, or there are any other tricks people use?

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Everybody was just jump-canceling
Those fingers were fast as lightning...

Ok, terrible joke. I'm... I'm leaving now... xD

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Not sure if you are serious or not but just for the sake of it I'll point out that my post was also a joke.

Huh. My bad then. Still, you could have put a smile or something in your post. It looked so formal that the idea of a joke didn't even cross my mind...

berto

I Saw the Devil
Huh. My bad then. Still, you could have put a smile or something in your post. It looked so formal that the idea of a joke didn't even cross my mind...
Did I say 'joke?' Because I meant 'warning.' We don't like laughter around these part.

Kam

Wall of text crits you for 600
X/ A to jump, Triangle/ Y to attack. Is there a trick to getting it quickly and consistently? Especially with Aerial Cross, since you can do pretty serious damage rapidly jump-canceling it. Do you just align your thumb so it only hits attack and jump and start mashing, or there are any other tricks people use?
Doing this with default bindings is tricky, I know people that swap their style and jump buttons so they can JC easier. It's possible to JC these attacks with default binds, but the people I've seen do that actually used two fingers instead of trying to rock their thumb around

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
with default settings it ia doable but you need your weapon switching to be in sync with your j'cing , find a rythm and it is easy to do , also you need to be the right height in the air or the ground so you don't drop below them

shoulder heights is where you need to be at least.

my advice would be to change your config to something that will make it smoother

Snarks

What do some people here use? Do you just experiment and practice until you find your own ideal positions for jump, style, and melee, and nobody really has a suggested layout?

Snarks

I thought this place had an Edit Post button.
This game really feels like it's pushing the limit of what a thumb is meant to do. Makes me wish it could be played on arcade stick.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I thought this place had an Edit Post button.
This game really feels like it's pushing the limit of what a thumb is meant to do. Makes me wish it could be played on arcade stick.
It has edit button. but it only functions from 30-60 mins after you posted your message

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
my config is this

on ps3

square- jump
triangle- style
circle- melee
x- shoot

on an xbox control

y - style
X - jump
b - melee
a - shoot

try it out if you like , if you use swordmaster it allows swapping from aerial rave to helm splitter to keep the jc going quite easy bl aliding accross the jump and style buttons

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
my config is this

on ps3

square- jump
triangle- style
circle- melee
x- shoot

on an xbox control

y - style
X - jump
b - melee
a - shoot

try it out if you like , if you use swordmaster it allows swapping from aerial rave to helm splitter to keep the jc going quite easy bl aliding accross the jump and style buttons

I'm gonna try this. How about your bumpers/triggers config, man?

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
i leave them default on DMC3 man
your two index fingers cover the shoulder buttons leaving your thumb for the others

Snarks

I don't think any control schemes really help until I have more practice. Trying to move my thumb that quickly is difficult on any button.

Top Bottom