• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Rich White A--holes Being Rich White A--holes

The Good Gentleman

S'all Part of a Miracle Masterpiece
I tell myself everyday I'd stop reading Gawker, but by instinct I end up clicking. And every now and again, I find something noteworthy, like this:
http://io9.com/seattle-neighbors-are-seriously-****ed-about-those-crow-1723888414

This is one of the more beautiful stories I've read in a while - a little girl who's been feeding a bunch of random crows since she was four, and in turn, the crows swarm her house with gifts. Seriously not ****ing kidding. Over time, the crows have brought all kinds of random things to the girl, from polished rocks to even earrings. One can only guess where they found these things....but that's besides the point! The point is that my theory of crows being the second most intelligent animal on this planet was true! Just check this video out:

Anyway, now comes the crux of the story. Parasitic, rich white douchenozzles from a posh, upstate neighborhood in Seattle are filing a lawsuit against the girl's family. Why? Well, because their laws aren't quite as green as their penises, apparently. Rather than observe the rise of a species that could very well be humanity's successor, they're far more concerned with bird excrements and litter around their homes. Because, you know, a bird taking a **** on your windshield or roof has neeeeever happened before.

People always gave crap to the rich because they have more and never want to share. But, at the very least, I can understand holding tightly onto to what's yours. But now, we have a disturbing culture among the wealthy cropping up: In addition to holding onto their wealth, they actively have to take away things from others. Whether that be money, rights, or even the world's beauty. Let's all remember that lion-huting dentist d---stain.

**** them all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I know they're rich, white, and a--holes but is there a need to add the fact that they're white? They can't just be rich a--holes. I'm not white and I dislike rich white a--holes *cough*DonaldTrump*cough* as much as the next guy but what if you hear a similiar story and they were rich black people or rich Asians would you call them Rich Black A--holes or Rich Asian A--holes.

Cant they just be Rich A--holes (granted most rich a--holes are white...well in America that is anyway. I've heard stories of some rich Asian a--holes in China and South Korea).

The Good Gentleman

Even black rich a--holes, or asian rich a--holes are officially designated as Rich White A--holes because they have the attitude.

It's like becoming wealthy forces them to undergo some sort of metamorphosis.

The Good Gentleman

Language people. I just had this conversation not that long ago.
  1. This is a DMC forum. DMC games are M-rated/PEGI-16. Therefore, it is safe to assume that everyone here is over 16-years of age, or at the very least, can emotionally tolerate such content.
  2. Replacing two letters from a word with a dash or whatever accomplishes nothing when the majority of the word is still visible, and virtually everyone knows what the word is and its meaning.
  3. The word in question - A--HOLE - isn't filtered. This is a XenForo forum which allows the administrator to precisely set which words are filtered and what their visible replacements would be (every time I said Brittany, George would show up instead, for example).
Now, you've apparently just had this conversation with someone. Whoever that someone is evidently did a poor job as you seem more annoyed than open minded. So here's a nice little in-flight movie:

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
  1. This is a DMC forum. DMC games are M-rated/PEGI-16. Therefore, it is safe to assume that everyone here is over 16-years of age, or at the very least, can emotionally tolerate such content.
  2. Replacing two letters from a word with a dash or whatever accomplishes nothing when the majority of the word is still visible, and virtually everyone knows what the word is and its meaning.
  3. The word in question - ASSHOLE - isn't filtered. This is a XenForo forum which allows the administrator to precisely set which words are filtered and what their visible replacements would be (every time I said Brittany, George would show up instead, for example).
Now, you've apparently just had this conversation with someone. Whoever that someone is evidently did a poor job as you seem more annoyed than open minded. So here's a nice little in-flight movie:

There was already a big discussion concerning this recently in this topic here,
http://devilmaycry.org/threads/ask-the-staff-anything.7898/page-126

There you can see why the staff enforces this rule, no need making it a big deal here as well when all your answers are located there.

Fact is that when you joined up you agreed to abide by the rules of the forum, no use debating the logistics of it now.

berto

I Saw the Devil
@The Good Gentleman
Rules are rules. No amount of excuses, examples or arguments why you don't have to obey one will you nor I, or anyone else for that matter, an exception.

Dark Drakan

Admin
I never said you or I don't have to, or won't, obey. I am simply stating that obedience without probable cause is retarded.

We could go around and censor all these words quite easily but we are under the assumption that everyone here is mature enough to know how to articulate a point without the need for a tirade of swear/curse words to make said point. It's not really a matter of people being offended by the words used, it's more looking professional and welcoming as a community & not being indexed by Google with words like that showing up for us in search engines.

It's becoming quite clear that you merely like to push the boundaries & dip your toes into waters that you have been told not to venture into. With your curse filled rants, some of your condescending comments and phallic avatar it's quite clear what your intentions are sometimes.

berto

I Saw the Devil
you made an argument highlighting 3 key points as to why that specific word should be exempt. as stated before it's not a matter of what you can get away with but rather using common sence. if you can't say on public access television you can't use it here and i take it you know what vocabulary is restricted.

now as to why i only edited two letters, which makes such small difference, it's because you can say a'hole on television. it's the most commonly used vanilla version of that word and it's not going to get anyone in detention.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
There is a fine line between "hey those Crows are dope! They bring that girl items, epic!" And "well it left me a gift too." :bored:

They want their area clean. You spend your life building a home and now something is pooping on it. I call bull! I love animals and bugs but that doesn't mean I want them pooping on me.
The Rich are foolish filing a suit against a kid, but a clean living space must be maintained. Perhaps relocate the girl's gifts to a clean verifed area. You say Crows are smart, so now is the chance to show off their intelligence!

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
How does their race have anything to do with their actions? I mean unless they were spouting a bunch of racially hateful slurs then how does this even have anything to do with the situation?

People can be assholes regardless of their race.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
It's so strange how those sorts of people claim to fight racism, yet they turn right around and post/say a bunch if racist crap. Hypocrisy at its finest.
latest

Top Bottom