• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Sad news about Versus XIII

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
;_;

NUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

I was hoping it to be PS3 exclusive and at least that it had a close release date, at least at 2011 ;;

Ember To Inferno

Eternal Rest
I own both a PS3 and a 360 and I'm glad it's going for both consoles, it gives everyone a chance to play it :lol:

Although no where near completion? Oh boy...

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
If the game was developed for both consoles, then it is fine by me as everyone have the chance to play the game. However, the game should be developed in PS3 as the lead platform so that the Xbox 360 version is graphically the same as the PS3 version.

However, I hoped that the game will be released next year. Any longer, then the FF fans can just say goodbye to Square Enix.

Good find, Meg. Rep+. :D

Dark Drakan

Admin
Most people knew it was a LONG way from completion as it was mentioned in articles some time ago and Square Enix didnt even seem to know about some systems in the game. FFXIII was multi-platform so why stifle the series again by making it exclusive to one console. Would be like releasing a game multi-platform then only making the sequel or spin-off exclusive, would annoy a lot of people who quite liked the last game.

I personally lost all interest in Final Fantasy series after FFX, i purchased FFXII but didnt like it and heard FFXIII went down the ageing JRPG route of extremely linear gameplay. So i didnt purchase that either. I think FF needs to get with the times or the sales will continue to drop, having such long development times and using old systems is only going to make the game feel dated before its even released.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Very annoying, but the last sentence made me laugh....

In other words, remember a couple years ago when you had no idea what Final Fantasy Versus XIII was? Apparently you and Square Enix had something in common.

aka958

Don't trust people
"Ohh no! Square Enix you evil game company! How dare you release a game in multiple platforms so many can play it!? I hope you rot in hell!"

Surely if anyone thinks like that it is obvious they don't care for others. If a game that you would buy goes multi-platform, there is no need to go haywire unless they ignore the console it was meant to be on. Even though I no longer have a Xbox360 I think it's quite awesome that Square is considering releasing the game for the good ol'360 as well.

The game will take longer to complete? I may sound like a jerk when I say this but I like that. Wait! Before you make any judges! I just have to say, I don't want this game to be a half-made game that will disappoint. Let Square take it's time, we got other games to get our hands on in the meantime. :p

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Less QQ about console exclusive would be lovely, they're quickly becoming a thing of the past purely because in the state our economy is in, companies can't afford to market a multi million dollar game to a very limited market.

It's economics 101, when the economy goes to crap you can do one of two things, increase the price on your product or market them to more people, increasing your prices will make you popular to nobody, whereas marketing your product to more people...Sure, you may lose a small percentage of the dedicated consumers, but you'll gain that back tenfold.

In short, Square isn't at fault here, they, along with a number of other AAA developers are forced to abandon console exclusivity in order to stay afloat.

VirgilTheart

I'm still not buying the XBox 360 version rumors right now. I definitely can see Wada wanting and trying to push for that to happen, but Nomura? Highly unlikely. The man tends to develop his games for one console for a reason after all, so that the game is at it's best capabilities with the console, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't think of a game he directed that was for the XBox or XBox 360. Always had the feeling Nomura wasn't a big XBox fan. :lol: If there's any truth, or at least anything that resembles the truth to this, it'd be that Nomura would develop Versus XIII on the PS3 for maximum performance, and then post-release of the PS3 version, go back and make adjustments for a port for the XBox 360.

As for the game taking a while to make, that's no surprise to me, though it's admittedly sad to hear. Hope that we get enough new news at the conference at January to compensate. :cool: And I recommend Nomura to just have the Osaka team start working on KHIII, if the regular KH team is going to be working on Versus XIII for longer than expected. The Osaka Team did great with BbS and I'm excited for what they'll do next on KH3D.

My two cents. ;)

Dark Drakan

Admin
VirgilTheart;284811 said:
I'm still not buying the XBox 360 version rumors right now. I definitely can see Wada wanting and trying to push for that to happen, but Nomura? Highly unlikely. The man tends to develop his games for one console for a reason after all, so that the game is at it's best capabilities with the console, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't think of a game he directed that was for the XBox or XBox 360. Always had the feeling Nomura wasn't a big XBox fan. :lol: If there's any truth, or at least anything that resembles the truth to this, it'd be that Nomura would develop Versus XIII on the PS3 for maximum performance, and then post-release of the PS3 version, go back and make adjustments for a port for the XBox 360.

As for the game taking a while to make, that's no surprise to me, though it's admittedly sad to hear. Hope that we get enough new news at the conference at January to compensate. :cool: And I recommend Nomura to just have the Osaka team start working on KHIII, if the regular KH team is going to be working on Versus XIII for longer than expected. The Osaka Team did great with BbS and I'm excited for what they'll do next on KH3D.

My two cents. ;)

Well he didnt seem to mind FFXIII being announced for the Xbox 360 and seemed rather pleased in interviews about it although he was only the Main Character Designer for FFXIII. With the long release time away it wouldnt be difficult to work on 2 different console versions at the same time. Especially with the ease of developing titles on the 360. He was also the Character Designer & Battle Visual Director for FFVII & FFVIII and that was released on Windows too, not a Microsoft console but a Microsoft platform none the less.

Its great that its released for 360, i dont get why people get ****ed off if players who play something other than their console, if it was up to me id allow ps3 players to play Halo and 360 players to play MGS :p

Top Bottom