• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Sales of SE helped raise profit for 100%

Judge

Here's waiting for Capcom not caring and shoving another reboot down our throats or ignoring Devil May Cry altogether in any way shape or form.

Its been annouced that DMC HD Collection has also sold 1 mil copies to date. So its possible that Capcom will do another game. If so, I think its possible Capcom could set the game between DMC1 and DMC4, where Nero would not exist, and it would tell the story of how Vergil escaped from whereever it was he was.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I think they should just continue story tbh :)and make solid entry that sets us off for new adventures :D

berto

I Saw the Devil
Yay, I suppose. I wish the game was better and it might send Capcom the wrong idea of making the next DMC with the same philosophy and art style as 4, which is not my favorite, not even sorta kinda close.

Reactions: V

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Gotta say, this makes me happy.

Hoping that this gets the ball rolling on a Devil May Cry 5.

Also, I'd like for it to continue after DMC2. DMC3 wanting to be a prequel was fine. DMC4 being set between DMC1 and DMC2 was okay....But it's high time this series actually started going forward chronologically.

Edit: Seriously I wanna see Dante go gray..... er

Last edited:

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
Good to hear this. Hope Capcom makes DMC5. It is been a while and it is high time that DMC4 on my PC gets replaced by DMC5. It is has been 6 years.

Also, on the topic of story, I wouldn't mind if they went back "2000 years ago" to show Sparda fighting against his demon brethren.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Also, on the topic of story, I wouldn't mind if they went back "2000 years ago" to show Sparda fighting against his demon brethren.

George-Costanza-clapping.gif

Erian1Mortal

Premium
Now watch Capcom kick up their feet on their desks and say to themselves: "Well, that's enough Devil May Cry for the next five years. Now for some more Monster Hunter! We haven't had enough of those..."
I wouldn't put it past them....
But in all honesty, if there isn't anything in the works already (and that for at least a year) then we won't see a teaser or anything for a year or so. I highly doubt that Capcom would rush stuff like this now, they just cannot afford that.

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
Thats nice, well it seems maybe we will see soon next DMC as it seems DMC 4 SE is doing great on gaining money from it

DantesLink

Premium
Supporter 2014
Very glad to hear this. Just wished they gave numbers instead saying it just "sold well", like DE. Hard to tell how much sales contributed to Capcom's profit increase.

Also congrats for HD making it's mark on the platinum titles page.

TehHutch96

I find whenever they release another Devil May Cry it doesn't live up to expectations but then suddenly overtime people start to love the game and it becomes another gem.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I find whenever they release another Devil May Cry it doesn't live up to expectations but then suddenly overtime people start to love the game and it becomes another gem.

Well, not really... look at DMC2 and 4.

People were excited about DMC4 SE not because it was DMC4, but because it symbolized the return of the original series, which was totally unexpected.

TehHutch96

Well, not really... look at DMC2 and 4.

People were excited about DMC4 SE not because it was DMC4, but because it symbolized the return of the original series, which was totally unexpected.

I don't think Devil May Cry 2 was bad for the record, not my favourite but definitely not bad and there were some improvements.

And true you have a point, I do hope they continue with the original series its grown on me moreso than DmC which I played first

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I don't think Devil May Cry 2 was bad for the record, not my favourite but definitely not bad and there were some improvements.

Not talking about being bad, talking about not living up to expectations. And the only two cases were DMC2 and 4, because they followed DMC1 and 3 respectively, the most loved of the bunch.

One may like them or not, but there's no deny that many fans were very disappointed with them, and time didn't change that, raising them to gems.

Top Bottom