• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Seven Deadly Sins

Exejpgwmv

Which ones do you struggle with the most?

Here's a quick run down;

Lust: An intense and uncontrolled desire.

Gluttony: Over-indulgence and over-consumption of food, drink, or wealth items to the point of extravagance or waste.

Greed: A very excessive or rapacious desire and pursuit of material possessions.

Sloth: This can me laziness in general; whether it be physical, mental, or spiritual is largely irrelevant.

Wrath: Simply uncontrollable feelings of hatred or anger towards something/one.

Envy: Desire to have a quality, possession, or other desirable attribute belonging to (someone else).

Pride: The feeling that one is somehow inherently better or deserves more than someone else.(This could be considered the worst sin/the one that leads to all the others.)

My answer: I'd have to go with gluttony and sloth; I've always had the nasty habit of overindulging myself with certain things. And I currently am having problems with getting up and doing what needs to get done before my procrastination gets me in trouble.

Last edited:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Hmm, I've always seen Pride not as thinking one superior to others, but that they refuse to bend when it comes to certain matters (as in I'd rather tear off my fingernails than apologize to someone I don't feel deserving of an apology. I also don't beg easily, either; I put my dignity above even my own needs, no matter how desperate...stupid, I know). So in a slightly different context than the one you mentioned, I'd say Pride, gluttony, and lust would be the ones that visit me, most. ^^; But yes, all seven are inherently there, at one time or another.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
This is straying off topic but during the 16th century, the seven deadly sins were each assigned a demon to represent them. Lucifer (Pride), Mammon (Greed), Asmodeus (Lust), Leviathan (Envy), Beelzebub (Gluttony), Satan (Wrath), Belphegor (Sloth). Of course this classification doesn't count the sins that are no longer considered part if the "Deadly Seven", such as Vanity and Acedia (variously translated as Despair or Apathy). I only bring this up because this is the Devil May Cry forums.

Everyday's a school day ~

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Gluttony and wrath. Otherwise I'm a saint.
Because I eat too much and I've got a grudge against certain people. Or in short I'm fat and angry. Lol

Procrastination isn't being a sloth. You've got to do stuff in order to procrastinate, it's just that you're not doing what you're meant to be doing.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I've gotten a little obsessed with money ever since I started going to college.

That doesn't necessarily mean you're greedy. Why are you obsessed with it? Cause you and/or your family run out of it? Cause college costs a lot? Cause those would be legit reasons, not greed.

I don't want an answer, it's your business not to be disclosed publicly. Just think about it by yourself.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Perhaps I've been thinking about this way too much but, why do I need some deity to tell me what the weight of my sins are. Surely that's for me to decide.

And what is a "sin" anyway? If medicine can be used to cure and to poison depending on how it's used, then I believe the same to be true of these sins. Like being envious of another's sucess can drive you to do better as well. Or that by not taking pride in yourself, you won't have any self worth and that will affect your happiness.

Bah, I'll stop rambling and cluttering up this thread.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Like...all of these, bruh. I got problems with all of them. Which is why so many Christians keep telling me I'm going to hell, probably. That or my religion and the whole bi thing. Not that I mind, the ones who said it weren't exactly "good" people so I'll probably meet them there. =D

On a serious note. The ones I have the most trouble with are definitely Pride (in the sense Rebel referred to; I like to think I'm open minded but, once my mind's made up, I don't care if the world's ending, I'm sticking to my plan and you will like it -tyrant-), and, to a lesser degree, sloth, wrath, and envy. I think the only sin I don't have much of a connection to is lust...unless it's a lust for chocolate or a lust for a portal to open in my living room and carry me to a universe with Rea-I mean, what? :bored:

Last edited:
Top Bottom