• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So, photorealism...

berto

I Saw the Devil
It's a shame that they never novelized the events of the game, it could have been an interesting deeper look at things.
https://devilmaycry.org/forums/threads/dmc1-sound-dvd-booklet-text.12344/
https://devilmaycry.org/forums/thre...bio-hazard-4-devil-may-cry.10958/#post-347575
Most of the pictures are gone but you still get the point.

Just out of curiosity but has anyone else thought about the fact that Itsuno has sort of implied that this new realistic direction will alter the gameplay? I got the distinct impression he was hinting at removing things like the jump cancel in order to make the game not break that uncanny valley of action.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Just out of curiosity but has anyone else thought about the fact that Itsuno has sort of implied that this new realistic direction will alter the gameplay? I got the distinct impression he was hinting at removing things like the jump cancel in order to make the game not break that uncanny valley of action.
I was talking about it in the very beginning. It also may impact basic movement if turning around will require more frames. I hope it's not the case, but we will have to wait and see.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium

He won't remove the jump cancel (there was a gameplay where a dude did a triple Calibur combo with JC), he'll just change how the transition between animations work as far as I understood. A visual thing.

Goldsickle

"Realistic direction" may mean Nero saying "F***" more often and won't affect the quick-transition gameplay mechanics.

berto

I Saw the Devil
He won't remove the jump cancel (there was a gameplay where a dude did a triple Calibur combo with JC), he'll just change how the transition between animations work as far as I understood. A visual thing.
I talked to somebody at 4chan. Apparently Itsuno verified that there would be but there’ll be additional animation for a more realistic visual effect. I personally never cared for it but I’m sure there are more than a few people who do.

"Realistic direction" may mean Nero saying "F***" more often and won't affect the quick-transition gameplay mechanics.
I hope not. I found it childish in DmC I can’t imagine DMC5 exuding with maturety at the prospect.

Goldsickle

I hope not. I found it childish in DmC I can’t imagine DMC5 exuding with maturety at the prospect.
After hearing Leon saying the F-word one too many times in the RE2 remake previews, I'm kinda worried...
I have no problems with hearing the F-word but certain other people living with me might be offended.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
Should photo-realism be a problem tho? They're only visuals so don't think it'll affect gameplay if done right..

as for the animation regarding the photo-realism the closest thing we could compare is DmC, it's looking realistically fluid with with noticeable realistic animation --weapon weight; movement stop; landing from jump; jumps; cuts from movements, ofc there were still room for improvement there like it don't look as agressive and fast as DMC4 instead looking more graceful.

and i'm sure the guys at DMC5 could take note and improve from there

berto

I Saw the Devil
After hearing Leon saying the F-word one too many times in the RE2 remake previews, I'm kinda worried...
I have no problems with hearing the F-word but certain other people living with me might be offended.
I didn’t mind it that much in RE2 since he was saying it out of fear rather than to be edgy, thought I haven’t watched the gameplay from the demo to avoid spoilers so who knows, maybe it will get intrusive before long.

ShiningTempest

Why is this place so empty?
Reddit and Gamefaqs have more people.

Also Nvidia announced real time ray tracing in their Turing cards, eventually that will get into consumer gaming so expect more 'realistc' in future games.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I also like that little detail where when you have no cartridges, Nero actually has no arm attached. LOL
They really pulle high detail stuff this time, like lacking arm or I visible damage to demons. Now the long wait begins ^^

Top Bottom