• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Sooo how come they can but I can't?

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
All I'm seeing on Tumblr is constant man hating comments and post about how men are dirt, how all men are scum, how the world would be better without men, and how if all men died, except homosexual and bisexual men, the world would be a better place, BUT when I try to defend against that, I'm called the biggest misogynist ever to walk the Tumblr site?

Anyone else who blogs on Tumblr know exactly what I'm talking about, so my question is...WTF?

ToriJ

I never been exposed to it, but I know a friend who had a lot of arguments with these same people and she eventually left Tumblr because of it. They don't like women anymore than men when they don't agree with them.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
ugh...tumblr:rolleyes: It's a great place for all sorts of hatred on there. There are some strange people on that site. I wouldn't take it too seriously. Probably just a bunch of keyboard warriors.

Besides, it's not just tumblr that is the problem. Ive seen lots of things, not just on tumblr, but in everyday things like TV adverts. Men are stupid, men are bad fathers, men are sex pests and abusers. It's making it seem like all men are like that. At the same time, it's also saying that only women should look after children, they are always weak victims of predatory men and that women never kill or abuse. It's so outdated.

Then there are the militant sites where men say women should be raped and killed and they want submissive sex slaves. Or the women saying all men should be castrated because every man is a rapist waiting to happen; or all men should be wiped off the planet because they are violent animals.
Sick things are said on both sides by extremist losers who live in an idiotic fantasy land. Thank goodness they are in the minority. The vast majority of men and women get along fine.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Then there are the militant sites where men say women should be raped and killed and they want submissive sex slaves. Or the women saying all men should be castrated because every man is a rapist waiting to happen; or all men should be wiped off the planet because they are violent animals. .
You know reading all this psychopathic stuff is kinda amusing it makes you wonder what they think of their own relatives or what they might have done to them :unsure:

Meg

Well your first problem is taking Tumblr seriously. You can find a lot of funny, entertaining things on that site, but unfortunately you can also find a lot of stupidity. And it's not just Tumblr. Wherever you go on the Internet, you're going to find idiots. Pay them no mind.

The Final Offer

All I'm seeing on Tumblr is constant man hating comments and post about how men are dirt, how all men are scum, how the world would be better without men, and how if all men died, except homosexual and bisexual men, the world would be a better place, BUT when I try to defend against that, I'm called the biggest misogynist ever to walk the Tumblr site?

Anyone else who blogs on Tumblr know exactly what I'm talking about, so my question is...WTF?

I work very well with women. But b****es? Not so much.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
I only go to tumblr to get images. GIFS for the most part. I heard the community, for the most part is pretty bad and all though.

berto

I Saw the Devil

You know, I've often found that people who scream out racism, sexism, or bigotry to the point of been so themselves claim that 'I can't be _____, only men/white people/insert other here can be ______.'

Here is what racism is. It is to treat other differently from how you would treat those of your race or creed, irrelevant of whether it is good or bad. If you are, for example, Mexican but you think Germans are a superior people and Latinos are scum, which isn't a rarity, that's racist, and even if you don't have anything against anyone else, to elevate something above the rest is just as racist as demining it beneath all the other. Doesn't have to be your race, ether, as long as you give unequal treatment.

To these women only men can be sexist and misogynistic because I guess to them the word misandry is something that chauvinist men created to call them back at them? They're attitudes and philosophies are sexist and it's obvious to all except them, which is common when it comes to bigots (Actually, I think there are many that realise they are sexist but don't want to admit it because only adults have the maturity to admit when they're wrong). I don't know if these women have daddy issues or bad sexual history with men, but when you start a campaign against an entire gender been alive you are not just a sexist but you are an extremist or a jackass, possibly both.

Look, these women are not going to kill anyone because as soon as they do s#it will hit the fan and not only will they have men gunning for them but women, too, because no sane human being, male or female, will allow some jackass with flawed logic to hurt the men in their life, whether it be their brother, father, son, lover, or friend. The anonymity of the keyboard gives people balls to say things they wouldn't when face to face with reality.

I heard the community, for the most part is pretty bad and all though.
In all fairness the same has been said about the DMC community.

Top Bottom