• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Sparda’s Disappearance

Handsome Devil Sparda

Judging from all available recourses even bayonetta which suggests both games are in the same universe and that Eva is actually one of the Umbra witches and made a “pack” with Sparda to which she gave him the time bangle which is also in the first DMC game, this is what we know,

Sparda

He put all his demonic power in his sword to seal Hell, then left with his 2 swords rebellion and Yamato, he continues to fight demons in the human world and rules in fortuna, then he marries and has twin sons who are half bloods, but how if he drained all his power, it’s because he’s still a demon, he also left before their 8th birthday and disappeared?

he might of died of old age or might have been captured judging we can assume DmC has some truths like adding the mansion and portrait in DMC 5 but we will never know until...DMC 6 (S) for Sparda!

Handsome Devil Sparda

Bayonette isn't canon to DMC though.
Not fan art from the game

aede86ee53f796a27448b3bda640f0bfbdf6a64cb7c6b823de1c6f4eee60100e_1.jpg

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
Judging from all available recourses even bayonetta which suggests both games are in the same universe and that Eva is actually one of the Umbra witches and made a “pack” with Sparda to which she gave him the time bangle which is also in the first DMC game, this is what we know,

Sparda

He put all his demonic power in his sword to seal Hell, then left with his 2 swords rebellion and Yamato, he continues to fight demons in the human world and rules in fortuna, then he marries and has twin sons who are half bloods, but how if he drained all his power, it’s because he’s still a demon, he also left before their 8th birthday and disappeared?

he might of died of old age or might have been captured judging we can assume DmC has some truths like adding the mansion and portrait in DMC 5 but we will never know until...DMC 6 (S) for Sparda!
The devil may cry animate series pretty much confirm sparda is alive
in mission 10: the last promise when the two apprentice of sparda, baul and modeus, confront in dante s office, modeus tell baul that sparda is alive

Minutes 9:30 liste the dialogue

Handsome Devil Sparda

The devil may cry animate series pretty much confirm sparda is alive
in mission 10: the last promise when the two apprentice of sparda, baul and modeus, confront in dante s office, modeus tell baul that sparda is alive

Minutes 9:30 liste the dialogue

He thinks he dose but his brother even said so

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I guess if Kamiya ever does another DMC game, he can follow through on these teases/Easter eggs.

Having Platinum games do a next gen remake of DMC1/2 would be cool. He can sneak in more references there ;).

With Sparda, i assumed he went to go fight Mundus on Mallet Island but lost this time.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
My personal theory is he died similar to how V was dying in DMC5. We know Sparda sealed most of his power 2000 years ago. But we also know he helped seal Argosax, when Dante was a kid if I'm not mistaken, or shortly before he was born.
Now Dante was able to kill Argosax while Sparda (not at full power) was only able to seal him. I believe sealing Argosax used up to much of Sparda's remaining power and that is what lead to his death.

I don't have much canon evidence for this. It's just my own theory

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
He's dead.

But given the DMC series new penchant for fanservice and comic book "deaths". he's only mostly dead until the next installment rolls around to tell us he was actually in an undead state for an implausibly long time and will show up near-dead to his son's house to jack his sword back from him.

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
“Until his death”

Oh gosh how did we all miss this lol so it’s official he did die but doesn’t explain but at least now we know
I guess the narrator is just telling the legend of sparda, he dosent actually know the true story, so probably he is stil alive...

Also dmc5 confirmed that sparda sealed his power in the 3 demon sword: sparsa, rebellion and Yamato

I wonder what will happen if all 3 weapon are merged together or if you can perform some kind of ritual whit all 3 weapon to make sparda return, or who knows... It's all theory

Canonically he is both dead and alive, somebody believe him dead, other belive him is alive, no game ever give a true answer to that

ALso his death was never showed on screen or never mentioned again in any other game except the dmc 1 intro

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Basically Sparda is in the presumed dead category.

Its easier to bring him back than Vergil because you never saw him die. Does that mean you should? (Rhetorical)

Honestly I liked the idea of Mundus possessing Sparda's corpse to fight Dante and Vergil.

So thats my DMC6 final boss pitch.

Top Bottom