• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

taunt in DmC

dreadnought_dante

And the brighter the flame, the deeper the shadow
so if there is taunt in DmC. what will nDante say?
i cant think of any good words.

also, what you think of taunt in whole DMC series.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Pretty much just go with all the scripted stuff he actually says during fights anyway >.< It would have worked out just fine.

Plus, there's no reason why most of classic Dante's taunts wouldn't work for DmC either. Oh, there was also Dante's taunts in PlayStation All-Stars :p

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
None-Come on
D-Bring it on
C-Oh yeah
B-Come get me
A-Don't pussy out
S-Let's get violent
SS-You're going down
SSS-F*ck yeah

Taunts were useless to me in the past series. Served no real purpose besides just adding a little feature and getting easy stylish points. Didn't really miss it as much since slow motion final kills made up for the badassery.

ji-high

They remove manual taunting for some obscure reason yet Dante taunts every new enemy in the game. As if the developers were....taunting us.

I have no idea what they were thinking when they decided to get rid of it. Doing a sick combo on an enemy and taunting him before landing the coup de grâce never gets old.

On a side note does anybody know why people like to taunt after killing the enemy in those combos videos? Makes no sense.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I have no idea what they were thinking when they decided to get rid of it. Doing a sick combo on an enemy and taunting him before landing the coup de grâce never gets old.

To retain the narrative structure. They didn't want Dante to chime in with a canned "C'mon wimp" taunt in the middle of an emotional fight, like with Vergil. Sadly, this could have easily been rectified by having context-sensitive taunts for narrative-important fights :/

Blue_Rose

One way to get yourself shot
To retain the narrative structure. They didn't want Dante to chime in with a canned "C'mon wimp" taunt in the middle of an emotional fight, like with Vergil. Sadly, this could have easily been rectified by having context-sensitive taunts for narrative-important fights :/
Well in DMC3, Vergil kept trash talking with phrases like "scum", "die", "you trash" and other things despite the fight having more emotional depth than DmC's fight in my opinion.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Well in DMC3, Vergil kept trash talking with phrases like "scum", "die", "you trash" and other things despite the fight having more emotional depth than DmC's fight in my opinion.

Case in point. They wanted DmC to try and retain the tone set by the narrative at any given point :p

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Hardly ever used or cared about a taunt button. Too busy killing stuff.
ikr? This. I never needed a taunt to SS in DMD. It's a frickin' crutch.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Besides, the devs could always use:

"Ooh, piece of candy!"

Best. Taunt. Ever.

Family Guy/James Woods reference.

ji-high

See how you came up with a solution quickly after 'disagreeing' with me?:wink: Removing it was a bad idea.

It's a trademark of this franchise just as much as E&I and Rebellion in my humble opinion.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
- it was nice to have a non-offensive option.
Not to start another slap fight, but I think that was part of the balance issue, making sure that people didn't become too dependent on dt -- which is technically something else in of itself that raises the difficulty a little as well.

Some people are probably thinking: "Might as well play without dt then." Well, why not forgo it entirely if you're looking for a challenge, right?

Kam

Wall of text crits you for 600
I miss the taunt button. Ending a crazy combo and filling a spare moment by taunting was satisfying as hell, plus there were tangible benefits to taunting too. Taunting would give you a few points to your DT gauge (later given a style point based cooldown, to prevent the DMC1 "come on!come on!come on!come on!come on!" spam) and from 3 onward, would actually cause an enemy to be more aggressive and fixate on you, though the cues for this were subtle. My preferred playstyle was royalguard, so taunting an enemy into attacking (and then caving his face in with royal guard) was not only thematically consistent, but it felt ****ing great and mitigated the RG style's problem of standing around waiting for things to happen.

In bayonetta they made the enrage effect way more obvious. DMC4 enemies would yell and act really angry, but it was easy to miss if things were chaotic, but when an angel in bayonetta suddenly catches fire and gains attack speed/heavy armor, you don't miss something like that.

Naturally the exact taunt phrases would be different, but for all those boss fights where the boss pulls back to some place I can't reach to charge an attack or emote, I really that taunt button. It wouldn't make the boss fight any easier, but it would just fit so well if an enemy fighting dante retreated to climb out of harm's way and dante gave him the finger and made fun of him.

Top Bottom