• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Original Teen Titans Return. Thoughts?

TheActionGamer

Veteran Devil Hunter
So this happened today. I need new capture software but this was worth it in heat of the moment.

I am so excited for what comes next, alongside Young Justice of course.

Also I hope I'm not breaking any rules for posting this even though it's being shared everywhere.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
As long as they don't have Jimmy Kibble voicing Batman (like he did in Go) then I'm fine.

Also, I really would like to see a staff fight between Robin and Slade. And maybe have Robin call him by his original codename just once.

Erian1Mortal

Premium
So, is this a confirmed thing? Like an actual series?
That would be cool, still it'll be on DC's streaming service I guess, wich I boycott the same way I boycott Disneys streaming service.... so I'll probably never watch it

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
Cool, I guess. But all the plot lines that were dangling were either tied up in Trouble in Tokyo, and the comics that were written by the show creators. What else is there to tell with those characters and that world?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I wouldn't mind a crossover btw them and the Bruce Timm Justice League.

Other than that I'm not that invested in them coming back. I rather just see new characters get the leg up. I'm a little sick of this grouping to be honest.

I'm ready to see them as adults and let the new kids take over.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Cool, I guess. But all the plot lines that were dangling were either tied up in Trouble in Tokyo, and the comics that were written by the show creators. What else is there to tell with those characters and that world?
This is pretty much how I feel.

I can't see myself being interested in going back to that world unless they introduce something new and interesting. That said, I'd still take a tired rehash of this Teen Titans than spend any more time with TT Go. :tongue:

Erian1Mortal

Premium
The thing is, the supplementary materials (comics etc.) most likely never released outside of the US.
Wich is why they could either be discarded or retold in a new season, while opening up new stories.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
the problem with TT Go is its about this iteration of the titans. If it was about a different iteration of the titans or even a different team altogether (the legion of substitute heroes says hi) things would be ok.

A timeskip would help the show out as it allows for events to happen offscreen and the world to evolve.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Yes please! after watching the "**** Batman" trailer i was almost convinced that Teen Titans's IP is good as dead. It gave me some flashbacks to DmC's rather infamous dialogue.

BTW what is up with this egdy/grimdark DC live action crap anyway? didn't they learn anything from the 90's comics? no one likes this edgy garbage except for angsty teeangers. Its prophetic how this TTG short predicted this magnificent Grimdark Titans Tv show, especially that part where Raven goes full emo mode "MY INNER DARKNESS" I was half expecting a linkin park song lol

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
Yes please! after watching the "**** Batman" trailer i was almost convinced that Teen Titans's IP is good as dead. It gave me some flashbacks to DmC's rather infamous dialogue.

BTW what is up with this egdy/grimdark DC live action crap anyway? didn't they learn anything from the 90's comics? no one likes this edgy garbage except for angsty teeangers. Its prophetic how this TTG short predicted this magnificent Grimdark Titans Tv show, especially that part where Raven goes full emo mode "MY INNER DARKNESS" I was half expecting a linkin park song lol
How would Teen Titans be considered a dead IP if Young Justice is coming back, and they have 2 semi-popular comic series running currently?

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
How would Teen Titans be considered a dead IP if Young Justice is coming back, and they have 2 semi-popular comic series running currently?
YJ is not the same as TT, its not the one which has Raven, BB, Starfire&Cyborg. Its more like a spiritual successor to DCAU's Justice League.

TTG is a parody of the original TT, the same cast of characters but used for nothing but juvenile comedy and now the Titans TV show is this edgiest blade in town. That's 2 TV shows including Titans that are trashy, so my hopes for a new TT show being good was dead&buried. Even now, i'm skeptical about this "return".

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Honestly I don't like YJ. I prefer most DC comic shows to it. I actually miss times for JLA or Batman Animated Series.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
YJ is not the same as TT, its not the one which has Raven, BB, Starfire&Cyborg. Its more like a spiritual successor to DCAU's Justice League.

TTG is a parody of the original TT, the same cast of characters but used for nothing but juvenile comedy and now the Titans TV show is this edgiest blade in town. That's 2 TV shows including Titans that are trashy, so my hopes for a new TT show being good was dead&buried. Even now, i'm skeptical about this "return".
If you're referring to that specific show as the Teen Titans IP, then yeah. I can see how it would be considered dead. But Young Justice is still utilizing that Teen Titans concept, and legacy. If anything, Young Justice is more akin to a Teen Titans series than Young Justice, and only called that probably to differenciate itself from the Teen Titans animated series. And even then, the Teen Titans animated series is kind of it's own unique thing. It's nothing like the comics, games, or other animated versions of those characters.

Top Bottom