• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Good luck!!
Thanks. Yesterday I spoke to our workplace doctor and she admitted me to further examinations that take place next month. The absolute best thing is that the expenses are fully covered by the company I work for.

Also if I had to use public health care services it'd take at least a year to get these examinations so.. Lucky I don't need to.

• Love
Reactions: Meg

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
"Well, I do think we as people have a tendency to want the thing that we don't currently have, and there's a bit of a grass is greener mentality."

I know I'm a couple days late to the party, but reading this from Zelda producer Eiji Aonuma in regards to the fans wanting a "Classic Zelda" game just rubbed me absolutely the wrong way. Trying to gaslight fans that had legitimate criticisms of BotW and TotK that they don't really want a game more inline with older Zelda games just goes to show how out of touch game devs can be with the player base.

Gasoline Tank

Hopefully, with a block placed on my debit card, Google cannot take ten quid from my bank any more for YouTube's premium service.

It's a right nippy problem if you subscribe online and then forget your log-in details. They just continue to take payments.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
"She cannot understand, she's neurotypical"
Lmao, some HC ad hominem arguments here. Also I could prove you wrong about the part where you assume I'm neurotypical but you know, I like to think that no neurodivergence is an excuse for being a prick.

It does baffle me though what makes you assume you know the existence or inexistence of people's health conditions...

... oh well, I'll shrug it off.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
The police are really grinding my gears as of late with their two-tiered policing and blatant antagonism to the public that they are supposed to serve.

Case in point, a man was arrested yesterday for carrying the Union Jack (our national flag) in public because he was "a threat". Yet a few days ago when a man was flying an Al-Qaeda flag at a rally in London, yet the police were filmed walking right past it without doing anything. When social media made a ruckus about it, the police replied that the man had not committed an offence in doing so.

And those military generals wondered why there was such opposition to conscription when it was floated last week, nobody wants to die for a country that openly despises them.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Same is happening here in ireland @Lain , in fact they made it a law now that it is hate speech and other crimes if you speak out about mass immigration way beyond capacity of mostly men, no background checks or identity paper trail.

It is gone so bad with the tens of thousands of said men, not women and kids or elderly , being taken into towns and villages and more at night under the radar that citizens have started doing arson on buildings being provided out of sheer frustration for not being heard and watching homeless die on the street

Meg

In the US, we have millions of people coming across the southern border from all over the world. Who are these people? No idea. Where are they from? Don’t know. Why are they here? Anyone’s guess. Why is it mostly men? Doesn’t matter. How’d they get an iPhone? Shut up, bigot!

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Im in the middle of a breakdown and I haven't been this way in months, maybe years.

I forgot what this feels like. Time to put all that therapy to good use.

EDIT- I was successful in managing it.

Last edited:

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
The police are really grinding my gears as of late with their two-tiered policing and blatant antagonism to the public that they are supposed to serve.

Case in point, a man was arrested yesterday for carrying the Union Jack (our national flag) in public because he was "a threat". Yet a few days ago when a man was flying an Al-Qaeda flag at a rally in London, yet the police were filmed walking right past it without doing anything. When social media made a ruckus about it, the police replied that the man had not committed an offence in doing so.

And those military generals wondered why there was such opposition to conscription when it was floated last week, nobody wants to die for a country that openly despises them.

Same is happening here in ireland @Lain , in fact they made it a law now that it is hate speech and other crimes if you speak out about mass immigration way beyond capacity of mostly men, no background checks or identity paper trail.

It is gone so bad with the tens of thousands of said men, not women and kids or elderly , being taken into towns and villages and more at night under the radar that citizens have started doing arson on buildings being provided out of sheer frustration for not being heard and watching homeless die on the street

In the US, we have millions of people coming across the southern border from all over the world. Who are these people? No idea. Where are they from? Don’t know. Why are they here? Anyone’s guess. Why is it mostly men? Doesn’t matter. How’d they get an iPhone? Shut up, bigot!

Here in Finland, the Russian Government has started an act of hybrid warfare by transporting people from third countries on our Eastern border. Basically the FSB facilitates their flights and a taxi to the borders and tells them "there's EU, run, we're not letting you come back". Our borders are officially closed but these dudes are just running through the forests. It's winter now so its not yet a big problem, but I'm pretty sure it WILL be a problem when the weather gets easier.

As a lawyer, I completely understand the international obligations here (basically forcing the country to take them in as they shout ASYLUM on sight), but I also agree with most legal experts that there is a problem in the fact that international treaties with such obligation were made decades before hybrid warfare was a thing.

I prefer not to take a stance whether these people are in real need of asylum or not. That's a secondary question and beyond my capacity to comment. The primary problem is that whether they need it or not, countries engaging in hybrid warfare are taking advantage of human beings as well as the outdated international treaties, and it's ripping us apart, internally and globally... basically because people cannot tell the difference between these two questions.

In the distance I already hear someone shouting "Shut up, racist" right now even though the issue I'm talking is purely legal. If we have outdated laws, treaties or regulations, we need to update them. There are people in the Parliament whom we are actually paying to do so ffs!

Last edited:

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Our issue here is not down to race or creed or anything, it is purely numbers

We are way past capacity, and the cost of it is causing issues in the economy and infastructure. Also, it seems to be 90 per cent men and not women kids or elderly which is what was discussed.

I am all for helping those in need, but not everyone coming in ia fleeing war or other dangers, a lot are coming in under that guise with no identification because its a good deal with a payment and shelter once they get here.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Don’t even get me started on how the Border Force was recently compelled to admit that a large number of illegal immigrants that claimed asylum upon entering Britain had actually gone back to their home countries that they claimed would kill them, in order to have a Christmas vacation before returning to Britain. Why they were not refused reentry or denied asylum boggles the mind.

Then there’s the case of Abdul Ezidi, a man who failed his asylum claims twice due to being a repeat sex offender yet still evaded deportation thanks to human rights lawyers and now absolutely no one was surprised when he threw acid in the face of a woman (and her kids) who had offended him in some way. He’s still on the run because despite England being one of the most CCTV covered places in the world, the police simply can’t catch him as no one is allowed to raise the possibility that he’s being given shelter by a certain local religious institution.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Don’t even get me started on how the Border Force was recently compelled to admit that a large number of illegal immigrants that claimed asylum upon entering Britain had actually gone back to their home countries that they claimed would kill them, in order to have a Christmas vacation before returning to Britain. Why they were not refused reentry or denied asylum boggles the mind.

Then there’s the case of Abdul Ezidi, a man who failed his asylum claims twice due to being a repeat sex offender yet still evaded deportation thanks to human rights lawyers and now absolutely no one was surprised when he threw acid in the face of a woman (and her kids) who had offended him in some way. He’s still on the run because despite England being one of the most CCTV covered places in the world, the police simply can’t catch him as no one is allowed to raise the possibility that he’s being given shelter by a certain local religious institution.
That's shameful.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
@therogis
That is fascinating.

If you are interested. We have approx 1300 kilometres of borderline between EU and Russia.

[--]
I am all for helping those in need, but not everyone coming in ia fleeing war or other dangers, a lot are coming in under that guise with no identification because its a good deal with a payment and shelter once they get here.

Then there’s the case of Abdul Ezidi, a man who failed his asylum claims twice due to being a repeat sex offender yet still evaded deportation thanks to human rights lawyers and now absolutely no one was surprised when he threw acid in the face of a woman (and her kids) who had offended him in some way.

I regret to say the case of Ezizi is nothing new here either...

I think that by all means we should help, but we need to do it properly. Properly means also proper integration measures and preventing radicalization with those measures, i. e. also preventing cases like Ezidi. I most sincerely believe it could be done, and it's not a question of race or ethnicity.

But yeah, the thing is, that stuff requires money. Doesn’t work well with current recession.

Ssometimes this world just breaks my heart. And head.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Martin Luther King Jr. once said "Power without love is toxic while love with power"

That's sums the US's current political parties and I'm guessing some European ones too.

I'm hoping it's a lesson they learn sooner than latter.

Meg

We are way past capacity, and the cost of it is causing issues in the economy and infastructure. Also, it seems to be 90 per cent men and not women kids or elderly which is what was discussed.

That’s exactly it. The US is huge and flush with resources. I’m happy to help people fleeing warzones, but I need to know who the heck the people even are. The incompetence is so bad; it feels intentional. And the fact that many countries have the same or similar problem just makes it stink even worse. What the heck is even going on anymore?

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
One last thought about our previous discussion, but the riots in the Netherlands the other day basically sums up a lot of the problems we face today.

For those that don't follow international news, according to official figures there are some 25,000 Eritreans living in the Netherlands, and the other day riots broke out in the country between two rival groups of Eritreans, one that supported their original African government and one that opposed it and both claim to have fled Eritrea for Europe as asylum seekers because they were supposedly mistreated by their government. The two groups started fighting each other in the streets and this isn't the first time this has happened either as only months earlier the exact same thing happened in Germany.

Now, this raises all sorts of questions. Primarily the purpose of taking in people (often fighting age men) who clearly don't want to assimilate and support foreign nations. We're seeing a similar issue rearing its head in England where councils have starting making dual-language Train station signs for Bengali in Whitechapel and the Rochdale Labour politician had to have his manifesto speech translated into Urdu because a significant number of locals can't speak English due to mass migration outpacing the birth rate.

That's also not even getting into discussing the illegals - I was in my local bank the other day, trying to have an error with my account fixed and I had to wait thirty minutes behind some "asylum seekers" who were trying to open bank accounts and the clerk had the patience of a saint as she remained calm and went through each one's claim and gently pointed out that they couldn't open accounts because their details were all "incorrect" (read forged).

But I digress, that was quite a rambling rant.

Top Bottom