• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Of all the pretentious little snots...

Do you get off on tearing into other writers? Oh, "An Educational Fable"? Really? You wrote a 400+ word story in which your character, the "Grammarian", is this pretentious ass-hat who corrects this young writer, and delights in making him feel inferior? Gee, I wonder who your character is based off of? :meh:

I don't care if I just painted a target on myself; I've seen your advice, and you are one harsh little bitch. Try a little humility for once, ya snob.

Edit: Did I jump the gun? Yeah...I probably jumped the gun...

Edit Again: Nope, I stand by my original thought; this person really is pretentious. And nowhere near as bright as they'd like to believe.

Last edited:

Viper

Premium
A bitchy hospital administrator just made me feel like some brat, cause I dared to send an e-mail with my request for appointment again, after no response for a week and getting supermarket staff on the phone numbers that were supposed to be theirs.
Your ****ing endocrinology is sending response through e-mail, bitch, so don't yell at me that it's not true. Mom got her request to endocrinology the day after she sent request, but diabetology on the floor lower is still living in last century and sending theirs through snail mail, leaving me to wonder what the **** is going on for a week and a half. Don't ****ing pull the "we called to notify, but got no one" excuse, these days there was at least one of us three in the apartment, no one called.

KRSkull

You know i really hate when i call a restaurant, make an order and then they hang up on me without telling me how much does my order cost.

I mean seriously is it too hard for them to tell me how much it cost without me asking them.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
You know i really hate when i call a restaurant, make an order and then they hang up on me without telling me how much does my order cost.

I mean seriously is it too hard for them to tell me how much it cost without me asking them.

That happens to you, too? :eek: I think that's why I'm so taken with ordering online, now.

KRSkull

That happens to you, too? :eek: I think that's why I'm so taken with ordering online, now.

Yes it happens every time. and i always end up calling them again and wait a few minutes listening to the recorded message about their new products just so i can ask them for the price. Its like the restaurants and the phone company made an alliance against us the customers.

I would switch to order online but not every restaurant in where i live have that.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Gran, I dunno what the heck your issue is with getting new furniture, but if you don't stop pussyfooting around about this, the couch isn't going to have a back. Seriously, this is bs. You promised we'd get new furniture months ago, but we still can't sit down without worrying the couch is going to collapse. :/

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
You promised we'd get new furniture months ago, but we still can't sit down without worrying the couch is going to collapse. :/
I recently had a similar issue a little while back -- I ended up having to put my foot down. I called in a few other family members, and settled it out with them.

Circumvent the system, if you can.

Update: The pre-planning's done -- now all I need to do is wait for the repairs.

Last edited:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
That moment when you're at the park with your kid, and she's doing fine, playing with other kids she knows from school--and those kids go home for supper, replaced by a new group; and that new group asks her name and she mispronounces it (making the W sound where the Rs should be), and you see them exchange smirks and scoff...

...And everything else that follows is pretty much the same, but your kid doesn't notice it, because she's so goddamn naïve and trusting...and you can do nothing about it, because it's not the upfront type of bullying where you get to intervene, no; it's the kind where you have to watch it, know what it means, and hope like hell you're kid cottons on at some point and is strong enough to handle it when she does.

(Yeah, I know; bit of a run-on up there).

I hate it. I hate knowing, and seeing it, and having absolutely no way to prepare her for when it gets worse--because let's face it, it does. It always. Effing. Does.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
"Basically, the self-reliant don’t trust the government. Instead, they trust themselves. Being self-reliant doesn’t mean that you can live in the middle of nowhere without the help of anyone else. It quite literally means that you have faith in yourself and your abilities.

And that’s a real problem for the government. They don’t care that you live off the grid, growing your own food, generating your own electricity, pumping you own water, and in all likelihood paying less taxes. In fact, if you didn’t frame these activities in the context of prepping or self-reliance, they would call you an environmentalist instead, and applaud you for lowering your precious carbon footprint.

And no, it doesn’t bother them that you don’t need many of their services, because quite frankly, you’re just one person. There are plenty of other hosts out there for them to suck on. The real reason why they fear you is because you trust yourself, plain and simple. You believe that you can make your own decisions without their input, and you have your own moral compass.

And that ladies and gentlemen, is inspiring. The government doesn’t like inspiration. You’re setting an example. You’re no longer just some kook living in the woods, you’re showing the world what can be done without the “help” of government, and that our trust in their system has been misplaced and unwarranted. We can all leave their control grid, and not only will we survive, we can thrive.

Now you’re no longer just one person. Now you’re many."

Top Bottom